• Thread starter Eva
  • 3,331 comments

How should the driver names be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
upload_2016-2-4_15-43-26.png

How the last 2 pages have gone:

:lol:

Chevrolet reliability must really suck or the other drivers just flat out hate you.
Nearly DNS'd Surfer's which would have meant 0 points. And Motegi was being Motegi and me and Motegi oval aren't compatible in any format.

Full some goodies that got bumped forward as far as timing went.
New Hampshire Motor Speedway has finalized a deal with Dover International Speedway to acquire its race hosting contract with the VRR Straight Talk IndyCar Series. The move began after Dover voiced concerns of open wheel racing being unsafe, and Firestone concluding that any tire changes wouldn't be enough to prevent any serious repercussions. As part of the agreement, NHMS agreed to compensate DIS for the sanctioning fee and since tickets for the event have not yet gone on sale, NHMS will begin full preparation for the event. The event for 2016 will remain as the Lipton Indy 300.
This is interesting.
VRR has formally permitted Ford to enter the series beginning in 2017. Most engine contracts have not been finalized, which makes the new joining entry possible.
AAAAND THIS IS BIG FOR ME! Now I know why I got a call from the Ford office. Looks like I'll be forced to make a decision now.
Remember I have the crystal ball and I can see everyone's future here. For those that got the hell beat out of them at Indy, what they saw is a nightmare that will come to life in a few months.
Jon-Stewart-Eagerly-Watching-Eating-His-Popcorn-On-The-Daily-Show_208x208.jpg

I'm incredibly interested in what happened but also completely terrified at the possible outcomes.

Considering I just barely finished Indy on the skin of my teeth, I really don't like the way this conversation is going. :scared:

Yeah, same here.

Remember I have the crystal ball and I can see everyone's future here. For those that got the hell beat out of them at Indy, what they saw is a nightmare that will come to life in a few months.
Me right now....
GTP Laughing then scared.gif
Ok I'm done with gif's for awhile.

Full announcement on the lineups for Coca-Cola Black Rose Racing and Team Porter coming next weekend.

The number 7 is synonymous for certain things, and in 2017 two of those things will be pairing together. Jack Daniel's will be sponsoring Evangeline Porter beginning in the 2017 season for select races. This deal has been described as a long time coming and will be a multi year deal.

The number 7 is synonymous for certain things, and in 2017 two of those things will be pairing together. Jack Daniel's will be sponsoring Evangeline Porter beginning in the 2017 season for select races. This deal has been described as a long time coming and will be a multi year deal.

Oh snap, it just got real..unintelligible.

Looks like we've got a booze battle on our hands for 2017. :mischievous:

Them Tickets (and probably some debris and fists) will be flying now :lol:

Deutsche Post, which is the owner of DHL Express, has jumped from Sakura Ishibashi to German native and 2017 rookie Ronald Hahn. A sponsorship tradeoff by Cherokee Motorsports and Cat Devil Racing was achieved, with DHL Express being acquired by Cherokee Motorsports, and Dairy Queen being acquired by Cat Devil Racing to sponsor the #18 in 2017. No one could be reached for an additional comment.

A return to Cleveland seems more unlikely as it was announced that the Burke Lakefront Airport was deemed no longer suitable for top tier open wheel racing. VRR published a statement, saying "...the condition of the runways, while perfectly fine for large aircraft, has lost a lot of its stability for open wheel racing...the bumpiness and the graining of the concrete makes us feel more unconfortable with hosting an event at Cleveland for the time being...the Raceway on Belle Isle has been happy to accept these two races without any additional changes."
For those unaware, 2017 will mark a significant point in American open wheel racing. For decades, open wheel chapionships have been run on a single tire company, and IndyCar was no exception, running on Firestone Firehawks. In 2017, VRR have thrown back heritage in a way, with Pirelli, Goodyear, and Michelin all agreeing to join Firestone in providing tires for the series and its competitors. Some teams have already jumped from the Firestone wagon, with teams like Coca-Cola Black Rose Racing going with Pirelli, and Perl Speed GP going with Michelin.
Coca-Cola Black Rose Racing will be bringing along its driver in training Andrew Draco for many of the races in the 2016 ahead of his full time drive starting next season. The team is wanting him to get familiar to the data that he will have to see on a regular basis as well as become more familiar to the tracks. "Our primary objective is for Draco to learn what we need on the road courses as well as the ovals. He's been phenomenal in improving our oval program and I can't see why we can't get the same from him on the other side of the calendar as well." Draco's next race as a driver will be the 2016 VRR GTPlanet Indianapolis 500 in May.

Update on where I'm at in the races: Currently getting ready to run Mosport, and every race before it has had a different winner, which has thrown points everywhere. Still can't rule anyone out aside from those that aren't running full season, or got injured.

OFFICIAL DRINKING GAME (for those that are legal) for the 2016 VRR Straight Talk IndyCar Series, since why not.
Take a drink for:
-Every mention of a sibling rivalry
-Every mention of a series outside of the IndyCar series. (This I feel may begin the alcohol poisoning...)
-Every lap completed under green.
-Every car involved in an accident.
-Every caution.
-Every time @nascarfan1400 or @Clayton Hardy butcher someone's name.
-Every mentioned or observable lead change.
Down your drink for:
-Every lap completed under caution.
-Every time a car does a complete flip in a crash. (Do not down it for each actual flip, but for each car that flips at least once).
-Every race finish.

Good luck to everyone legally able to consume alcohol on surviving the first 5 races. For everyone that wants to actually do this but can't actually drink alcohol, just start downing complete cans of Mello Yello or Mountain Dew. You'll feel just as horrible afterwards.

OFFICIAL DRINKING GAME (for those that are legal) for the 2016 VRR Straight Talk IndyCar Series, since why not.
Take a drink for:
-Every mention of a series outside of the IndyCar series. (This I feel may begin the alcohol poisoning...)
-Every caution.
Down your drink for:
-Every time a car does a complete flip in a crash. (Do not down it for each actual flip, but for each car that flips at least once).
-Every race finish.

Good luck to everyone legally able to consume alcohol on surviving the first 5 races. For everyone that wants to actually do this but can't actually drink alcohol, just start downing complete cans of Mello Yello or Mountain Dew. You'll feel just as horrible afterwards.

Each one of those rules is a drinking game in itself :lol:

Take a drink for:
-Every caution.
Down your drink for:
-Every race finish.

This is now an official series. It has its own drinking game. Why am I so surprised? :lol:

Take a drink for:
-Every caution.
Down your drink for:
-Every race finish.

**** my liver, right?

Take a drink for:
-Every caution.
Down your drink for:
-Every race finish.

So basically, take a drink for anything happening at all. You forgot "Drink every minute the cars are idle prerace"

Take a drink for:
-Every caution.
Down your drink for:
-Every race finish.

So basically, take a drink for anything happening at all. You forgot "Drink every minute the cars are idle prerace"

2 hours after this series posts a race, this thread be like

Auto Club might be a massive mistake for my liver because at that point, I'll be of legal drinking age.

Back