vtec ???????????

  • Thread starter Thread starter Valve Timing
  • 77 comments
  • 5,939 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by phreakypat
I own a 2001 GSR coupe. The GSR is okay in terms of being fast when you hit that 4440 RPM although its kinda weird when I tried out the older 96 GSR and comparing it to this one it felt the older one felt a little faster.

I've read and been told by many that the older GSRs (1995 to be specific) are faster than newer GSRs. I drove my buddies 2001 GSR and I also felt that it didn't push as hard as my 95 GSR.
 
I was driving my real life 95 Integra GSR around today, great sunny day, and I was having lots of fun staying in low gears to hear the nice vtec note. SO when I got home I was inspired to get that same feeling with GT3.

I read somewhere here that if you change your muffler, you will get differenct exhaust/engine notes. I just now have tried using a semi-racing muffler on my Acura Integra Type R and it definately provides that authenic vtec change over. I have pedals so I can gradually control the rpms, GT3 really DID do some VTEC work with the sound.

HP 391
Turbo stage 2, with a semi-racing exhaust.
When the rpm goes past 6000 you can definately hear a different tone. Anyone else tried downgrading their muffler & air cleaner parts. I never did before, because I had lots of GT3 credits I would only go for top of the line. :) But now I see the pros of downgrading it.
 
Originally posted by BreakerOhio
I've read and been told by many that the older GSRs (1995 to be specific) are faster than newer GSRs. I drove my buddies 2001 GSR and I also felt that it didn't push as hard as my 95 GSR.
that's just ur mind, or his cars is ****ed. The reson that u may have heard that the older tegs r faster is b/c what type of ecu they use. the older ones aren't actualy faster but they r easier to tune and ****.... that's why many people(who mod their car) replace the obdII ecu w/ a obdI ecu
 
dkim215vtec.jpg

torque.jpg

hyundai21rq.jpg

zoomies9gh.jpg

Gauge.jpg

576282_74_full.jpg

576282_72_full.jpg


dsc064138sw.jpg

pos-crx.jpg

Ltes see HONDA do THIS>>>
wheelstand181mp.th.jpg

bicyclepass.jpg

bicycle.jpg

25d86088.gif

vtec.jpg

22.jpg

tunenostiming2edit.jpg

sick.jpg

fastlouis010tv.jpg


THATS RIGHT BI*CHES, Twin Turboed, AND Supercharged!
holycow7vx.jpg

hondalitres3ym.jpg

That is all...*puts on flame suit*
 
Fried_ride
dkim215vtec.jpg

torque.jpg

hyundai21rq.jpg

zoomies9gh.jpg

Gauge.jpg

576282_74_full.jpg

576282_72_full.jpg


dsc064138sw.jpg

pos-crx.jpg

Ltes see HONDA do THIS>>>
wheelstand181mp.th.jpg

bicyclepass.jpg

bicycle.jpg

25d86088.gif

vtec.jpg

22.jpg

tunenostiming2edit.jpg

sick.jpg

fastlouis010tv.jpg


THATS RIGHT BI*CHES, Twin Turboed, AND Supercharged!
holycow7vx.jpg

hondalitres3ym.jpg

That is all...*puts on flame suit*


I agree.
 
HAHahah

Yeah this whole ricerocket deal is getting totally out of hand. Who really cares about vtec anyway? Instead of wasting my time talking about what little it does, I'd rather focus my energies on saving up to get a car worth something.. like a corvette :)
 
guys *** on i mean cuuum on now.. Talking about dohc and vtec like that is something.. Ive got qohc on my car.. thats right quad overhead cam.. on the lexus.. lol its a 2.5 liter lol... I do have a 76 jag though w/ v12 but thats for when i want to go fast
 
mbavaria30s

Oh come ON.

What thought processes turned up in your head for that one?

"Hmmm. Someone just posted NINE VERTICAL FEET OF IMAGES, so I'll quote them in their entirety in case no-one saw them."


By the way, did anybody read the bit in the Terms of Service about not using offensive language?
 
Heres the best Vtec pic ive seen

 
The sound of the S2000 is almost the same as the real life. Really like it :), and please STOP posting pictures with dirty words.
 
Honda had VTEC before acura I am very sure(Yes I know acura and honda are one). [V]ariable [T]iming [E]mitions [C]ontrol <<that is what it is right? maybe I got it fluffed up It's been a while since I have talked about VTEC.
 
So did GT4 incorporate VVT-I into toyotas?
 
^^ That is a good question I haven't seen [V]ariable [V]alve [T]iming next to any cars? are you sure it's toyota that does vvt and not mitsu? if you are what is mitsu's vtec?
 
SmokeCheckin
Honda had VTEC before acura I am very sure(Yes I know acura and honda are one). [V]ariable [T]iming [E]mitions [C]ontrol <<that is what it is right? maybe I got it fluffed up It's been a while since I have talked about VTEC.

its actually variable valve timing and electronic lift control.

vvtelc didnt have the nice ring of vtec..

Almost all car companies now have an imitation of vtec...even ford has zetec. i know nissan and toyota have versions they use.
 
This thread has been done already.

*click*

*bang*

*dead fanboys & haterz alike*
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back