Want a greater variety of Paint Chips? Try these Cars & Share your Favourite Paint Chips

• Thread starter Akwaaba
  • 809 comments
Ghost white is whiter than Pure white, (Mazda RX7 Spirit R/Subaru Impreza's) but Pure white is "clearer", best way I can think to describe it. They are very close.
The RX7 Spirit R '02, and Subaru '09 share "Pure white", among possible other Subaru's and Mazda's. I initially thought they were different, but they went into the same slot in my colors. (I only have a single Pure White, despite buying multiple Mazda/Subaru's in Pure white)
I couldn't find Ghost white yet, the search continues. (I have it, I just can't find it on a car)

Deep black perleffekt
Volkswagen Golf VI R

Noir étoilé
Renault sport Megane RS
Noir etoile is definitely darker. The VW color is a very dark pearl color, but the Renault black is the blackest black I believe, and is visually darker than the VW pearl black.

I also believe I found the brightest yellow, it's brighter than those listed in the OP, I have to check the name.

Ghost white is whiter than Pure white, (Mazda RX7 Spirit R/Subaru Impreza's) but Pure white is "clearer", best way I can think to describe it. They are very close.
The RX7 Spirit R '02, and Subaru '09 share "Pure white", among possible other Subaru's and Mazda's. I initially thought they were different, but they went into the same slot in my colors. (I only have a single Pure White, despite buying multiple Mazda/Subaru's in Pure white)
I couldn't find Ghost white yet, the search continues. (I have it, I just can't find it on a car)

Noir etoile is definitely darker. The VW color is a very dark pearl color, but the Renault black is the blackest black I believe, and is visually darker than the VW pearl black.

I also believe I found the brightest yellow, it's brighter than those listed in the OP, I have to check the name.

I knew when I didn't have ghost white it had to be a VGT chip and sure enough it's the one on the chapperal VgT. So I just got that and it's brighter than pure white to my eyes but pure white is like you said, clearer.

Ghost white and pikes peak white appear to be the same to me. So white that it washes panel definition.

What color is this? - Both the rims and the body..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 17
What color is this? - Both the rims and the body..

I believe, prepare to be disappointed if you haven't got a certain version of the game.

Body colour= GT6 Matte 013 = 15AE

Rim colour= Not that sure on these, but again believe they are GT colours.
GT6 Chrome 012 = 15AE or
GT CHROME 010-W = seasonal

Has anyone found an orange that gives a white stripe?

Don't think this can happen as multiple reds are unable to do it. I think PD coded some sort of hue/tone threshold that is for all colours, so a nice Glutorange or Papaya type just will not reach that threshold.
Just an observation.

Has anyone found an orange that gives a white stripe?
Yeah, I have a bunch of oranges, a couple give white, I'll post some later. 👍
There are also reds that trigger white stripes, or black stripes.

The Pikes Peak white is to Ghost white as Ghost white is to Pure white. :lol:
Brighter and whiter. :)

Race Clear Coat yellow from the SRT Viper GTS '13 is the brightest yellow in the game I believe, it's significantly brighter than any other yellow I've found. (and it's not in the OP)

The oranges do not give white stripes, my mistake. Is that the fault of an update, or was it GT5 orange could grant white stripes?

Spice Orange Metallic yields white lettering on the cars I tested and I can only assume stripes would follow suit but I have no cars with stripes--though it occurs to me now I could have tried a standard NA Miata, of which I have plenty. As a Longhorn, it doesn't quite satisfy my want for orange and white two-tone, so it's subject to your definition of "orange;" it's rather dark. Regardless, it can be acquired by purchasing the appropriate MINI Cooper S '11. 2351 paint chips and this is the only example I found that I was comfortable calling orange.

(Note: For white stripes to be displayed on the aforementioned model, the car to be painted must have white stripes to begin with, as it retains them--if I'm remembering correctly, that is.)

Edit: I'm remembering correctly. :P

Oh, and Spice Orange Metallic does yield white stripes.

Last edited:
all peugeot white (blanc blaquaise I think it is called) are the purest white...
Verde Ithaca (LP640 the Gallardo or SV don't have it) is a great green. The silvergray from the 2CV is a great colour
the Toyota Aqua has some funky colours rather like the Demio/2 which has already been mentioned... Plymouth Superbird is good for colours as is Stratos...
and for a metallic aqua you can't go past the top 2000 Miata.

Edit: I don't know how to combine my two threads...

Plymouth Superbird, 1970: 70000 ? CR
Lancia Stratos, 1973: 375000CR
Peugeot RCZ, 2010: 40000CR
Toyota Aqua, 2011: 17500 CR
MX5-Miata, 2000: ? CR
Citroen 2CV, 1954: 24000 CR ?

Last edited:
it comes from the Aventador
Nope. It's unique to the gift and was originally offered as a reward for getting gold in the Lexis IS F CCS-R Nurburgring 24H Super Lap--however it's not the orange that the Lexus comes painted in and the Lexus doesn't provide a chip upon acquisition.

it comes from the Aventador

You're wrong. They are two different paint chips. The paint you are thinking of is called Arancio Atlas. It is not the same as the Arancia Metallic Orange that was given as a prize in the event mentioned by @TexRex I have both chips and they are definitely not the same.

@TexRex is totally right with his explanation. 👍

@Thomas__633 Please check your facts first before giving out false/misleading information.

"no seriously" any color from the Aventador not called Arancia Metallic Orange is not Arancia Metallic Orange. It's an impossibility.

Two different chips as I already pointed out to him. 👍 Hopefully he understands now. :)

I believe, the only color given in a seasonal, that exists from a car in the game; (you can obtain a chip of) was "pearl orange" which was given twice and it matches the pearl orange from either the ktm or the lightcar (can't recall offhand.)

Two different chips as I already pointed out to him. 👍 Hopefully he understands now. :)
Oh I know, the tag brought me here and it wasn't until then that I saw the post I quoted. My response was primarily a means to covertly comment on the poster's lack of appropriate capitalization and punctuation. It's as though people are allergic to making an effort.

@ONevermind it's been confirmed that Pearl Orange was indeed from the Rocket, as was a subsequent Blue Metallic prize.

Oh I know, the tag brought me here and it wasn't until then that I saw the post I quoted. My response was primarily a means to covertly comment on the poster's lack of appropriate capitalization and punctuation. It's as though people are allergic to making an effort.

@ONevermind it's been confirmed that Pearl Orange was indeed from the Rocket, as was a subsequent Blue Metallic prize.

Alright, no problem. 👍

Hi guys,

I am trying to do the following bronze colour for my wheels:

OZ_Bronze.jpg

So far I found "Autumn Bronze" but as nice as it looks (for me anyway), it is not the same. Has anyone came close to bronze like in the first picture? This is "Autumn Bronze":
S2000_1_Edited.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Hi everyone, does anybody have an idea as to the closest white to the #20 circle on the side of the 250 GTO? The closest I have found so far is Ghost White (no idea where from) but it is far from a perfect match. Thanks in advance :)

Hi guys,

I am trying to do the following bronze colour for my wheels:

OZ_Bronze.jpg

So far I found "Autumn Bronze" but as nice as it looks (for me anyway), it is not the same. Has anyone came close to bronze like in the first picture? This is "Autumn Bronze":
S2000_1_Edited.jpg

Thanks in advance!
Beige Metallic from the Volvo 240 GLT or maybe Riverside Gold Metallic from the C3 stingray?

Back