Want a greater variety of Paint Chips? Try these Cars & Share your Favourite Paint Chips

• Thread starter Akwaaba
  • 809 comments
Does anyone know where I can get a Carbon Black paint chip? I know the McLaren F1 has one but you don't receive the paint chip when you buy the car. :irked:

Does anyone know where I can get a Carbon Black paint chip? I know the McLaren F1 has one but you don't receive the paint chip when you buy the car. :irked:

None. I assume matte black will do.

Spend 10 secs of your time on the OP.

Last edited:
I did say none give a carbon chip. I'm assuming you want an actual weave, like on the Huayra?

Or will Matte black suffice? This will take secs to check on the front page. That's all.

Yeah that's tricky. As usual I'm not near game.
The McLaren one is still quite glossy isn't it? One off the Cadillac CTS-V car, raven black?
All are a bit glossy.
Only other 'carbon' named chip is Carbon Blue on Hyundai. Does have a strange but different finish.

Last edited:
Yeah that's tricky. As usual I'm not near game.
The McLaren one is still quite glossy isn't it? One off the Cadillac CTS-V car, raven black?
All are a bit glossy.
Only other 'carbon' named chip is Carbon Blue on Hyundai. Does have a strange but different finish.
Yeah the McLaren one is quite glossy and has a slight grey tint to it. I'll have a look at Carbon Blue. 👍

Seasonal Matte Dark Silver maybe your best bet.

Look at Gunmetal metallic, lotus.

The Mac chips could really do with being gifted, the bar stewards! Or can they? Check the MP12.....no.

Try and get on the game later and have a proper look, I'm flying blind here. Got a few paints, to say the least.

Last edited:
Someone knows where I can get a green that is like the one on this suit?
4675d146cd2e94cbea7ed9c8bc6a6ed3.png

Thanks

Last edited:
Great job on the OP 👍

Had a quick look through, and thought of a few more interesting colours that might be added.

Java - from the Triumph Spitfire I believe. A great teal (I think that teal, right?)

Sassy Grass Green - Plymouth AAR Cuda. Bright, vivid green.

Gun Grey Metallic - Nissan Skyline GTR R32

Gunmetal Metallic - Lotus Esprit V8. Both of these work great for painting rims a gunmetal colour.

The Mini Cooper 1.3i '98 has several great colours, such as Nightfire Red Pearl (dark red), Amaranth Pearl (dark purple), Tahiti Blue Pearl (darker purple), and Hawaiin Blue Metallic (aqua blue).

Lastly, you have M.N.P. from the R34 Skylines listed, but there is also the original Midnight Purple (P) that can be obtained from the Nissan 180SX for much cheaper.

Sorry to bother you all again, I was on another topic and I wanted to know if there is a bright blue like the picture below, that gives white lettering/stripes?
Mazda-787.jpg

Is there any gold that would match that?
article_c8ed2e73eada5787_1346345328_9j-4aaqsk.jpeg

Mercedes-Benz-AMG-Desert-Gold_2-thumb-450x300.jpg

Thanks.

Sorry to bother you all again, I was on another topic and I wanted to know if there is a bright blue like the picture below, that gives white lettering/stripes?
Mazda-787.jpg

Is there any gold that would match that?
article_c8ed2e73eada5787_1346345328_9j-4aaqsk.jpeg

Mercedes-Benz-AMG-Desert-Gold_2-thumb-450x300.jpg

Thanks.

A good solid blue that gives white lettering is Sea Blue, from the VW Beetle '66. An even better metallic blue that is shockingly bright for giving white lettering is Blue Bell, from one of the classic Isuzu's. I'm certain it is the one that isn't the bellett that has Blue Bell. As for the gold, there are a number of metallic golds that would work, but for the best result you should go for one from the seasonal events. Unfortunately there aren't any that give them away at the moment.

Shame the OP doesn't get updated anymore.
Hi!

I don't have GT6 (or even a PS3 anymore)
More than happy for someone to provide updates in the thread, that I'll link to in the OP or for someone to recreate a new thread that they would like to keep up to date!

hello all is what someone is or color grabber blue chip would be available? is in shelby but does not give the chip.

What i want is a silver chrome paint chip. Not to paint cars like a celebrity, but for rims or my scion frs body. My cars would look so much better with chrome rims!
9050745433_922d121ee2_b.jpg
chrome.jpg

Here we go again.......only by having the 15th AE version of the game already containing GT Chrome 0XX's (GT5's paint pack) or keeping an eye out for Silver Chrome through the seasonals, several paints have been given out more than once in a random rotor. You'll just have to wait.

Please guys, give the OP five mins of your time. It may not be being updated but most info is there.

Hey everyone. Anybody happen to know a gold paint chip that is close to that of the colour of the wheels on this GT86? I have a few that are not a million miles away but they're more bronze coloured than gold. Any help would be appreciated. 👍

86-Style-2013-62.jpg

Back