Want a greater variety of Paint Chips? Try these Cars & Share your Favourite Paint Chips

• Thread starter Akwaaba
  • 809 comments
Is there any pink chrome to be gotten without buying AE, since I have the vanilla game? Or a way to buy the AE paint pack without an additional copy of the actual game?
Also, what kinds of pink are available beside the LFA one?

I was going to contribute to this list, having managed to buy quite a load of cars for paint chips myself, but it would have taken too much time from racing. ;) Plus the compilation is outstanding already.

So what I'd suggest is looking systematically through the car lot. Almost every car seems to have a finish that could work as a paint chip. And most of the newer "affordable" cars, 30K Cr or less, have a wealth of good looking metallics and pearl finishes. Besides, one guy's "perfect" chip is another's "meh", so when you use up the list in the first post, just go shopping a car at a time, and you'll find a lot of goodies.

Anyone know where you can get the teal paint chip like these:

d4b12116b7699d0d09a7cd2d60b73361.jpg

11073822995_84b7b481e3_o.jpg

Is there any pink chrome to be gotten without buying AE, since I have the vanilla game? Or a way to buy the AE paint pack without an additional copy of the actual game?
Also, what kinds of pink are available beside the LFA one?
plymouth's moulin rouge is a nice pink color. it appears darker in the menus than it does in a race when the sunlight hits it.

edit: I think that may just be my tv, its a plasma so when I go to purchase a car it looks a little darker because the whole background is white. that pink is nice and bright when I go look at the car in my garage as well as on track.

Last edited:
Might be the prius '02 you're talking about. It has the Light Aqua Metallic Opal
The new AQUA S or whatever it's called. Though, I think it's a bit too dark.
I think I saw a color just like.
Give me a couple hours, I'll get back to you.

Just from memory, the BMW M4 and Tesla Roadster come in light blues fairly similar to that. Might not be exact, and I probably wouldn't even think so if I loaded up the game and checked right now, but just from memory they don't seem far off to me :P

Thank you for taking the time to compile a very useful list and thanks to everyone who has contributed to it. :bowdown: I have acquired some great paint chips thanks to this thread. :cheers:

Thanks, and i appreciate all of the contributions.

I will update the OP in the next couple of days

i was digging around for paints last night, some of the old Fiat 500's have a very light blue shade. I dont think it is exactly like these but at least it is a solid and not a metallic color. metallic light blues are a dime a dozen.

EDIT: 2011 Mini Cooper S has a light blue thats similar to the first one pictured here.

Anyone know where you can get the teal paint chip like these:

d4b12116b7699d0d09a7cd2d60b73361.jpg

Last edited:
Hey guys,
the Alfas have color-shifts.
They are called "Azzuro Nuvola Iridescente" and "Aurora Nuvola Iridescente".
Other Italian manufacturers may also have colors which are Iridescente.

I regret getting my free M4 in Austin Yellow and not Yas Marina Blue :( Any good bright cyan colors? I want to reproduce Richard Petty's #43 on the Superbird, as well as the Miku Z4 (on the M3 Base Model). :)

Suzuki Cervo and Swift both have a surprisingly great selection of colors, with nice pearl black and an awesome blue color. And they're both supremely cheap!

Does any of you guys know where i can get like a mint green, like the one on the stratos? or a london green pearl paint chip?
Edit: london green pearl found @ suzuki concept -s2 '03

Last edited:
I really like this color (not the other one from upper pic). Unfortunately, i couldn't find color in GT6 close to this one. If someone find, please post it here.

h3HnrVM.jpg

VARIABLE COLOUR GT6 POLARIZED 028(GT6 15TH ANN PRE-ORDER COLOUR) is the closest I have to match. It is a bright colour and is subtle colour shift. i did my best to match the filter from the OP pic.
I set the track to 50% weather and my exposure darkened only 2 clicks.

Hellblau from the MB 300SL is close but, more blue than teal.

I also think the LFA and TVR(has more blue, though) have similar shades of the original pic.

What i really miss, is favorite colors list. GT6 has many good colors, and also many crappy colors. It even harder to find the color without sorting and filtering.
Another big problem is preview. PDI did it completely wrong. Even GT5 preview with small dummy car figure was better. In GT6 preview not only has wrong gamma, but also doesn't show color features. To understand how new color will look like, i have to paint and then check rotating preview on "work complete" screen.

I'm very upset what PDI did! :(

Latest Posts

Back