War Thunder (F2P Air/Ground combat MMO)

So I finished almost all of the "Ground Madness" missions (except for two), but did not win the tank (the Finnish KV-1 I wanted for collection). There is a reason why Yudintsev brothers (Anton and Kirill, the main developers - heads of Gaijin Ent.) are sometimes called "Judintsev brothers". Destroy over9000 enemy tanks and get a chance of winning something premium. :irked: On the previous "Summer Madness" event one year ago, I won two premium tanks (T-34-57 mod. 1943 and Pz. III N).

Actually, I already have a German KV-1B with a 75mm long-barrel German cannon (bought it with 50% discount last summer), but I'd also like to have that prize KV-1B with Finnish camo for collection.

Interesting little nugget of info from today's DevBlog on sound recording and the Tiger II.

So after a long process we finally got a nice list of possible tanks to record, which I passed on to Pavel for him to take the decision. He decided on getting the Tiger, of course, along with a R35, B1 BIS, Somua S35, H39, TD M10, Valentine, Hetzer and a Panther.

French tanks have at least been recorded so at some point in the future they could possibly be added in.

Tiger II sound recording. :drool:

French tanks have at least been recorded so at some point in the future they could possibly be added in.
French tanks? Will they come equipped with a white flag? :D

Well, jokes aside, I remember the French tanks in WoT, and there were two types of them: pre-war (with thick armor, but disgusting guns) and post-war (with paper armor, but powerful armanent), because for a well known reason, France did not make any tanks during the war. Plus there was a number of prototypes that were never built (AMX 12t) or built in one or two units (ELC AMX).

It's interesting, will the French tanks be a part of the British branch (like the French planes) or they'll form their own? Because Gaijin Ent. doesn't rely on prototypes as much as Wargaming does, so I doubt there will be enough French tanks for a separate branch.

Any time I fly a plane now, it results in the same way. First shots at me knock the elevator clean off the plane and that's the end of my battle. How am I suppose to progress anything when I get shot down like that....

Really only flew twice last night in-game. Once in the B7A2 where it got set on fire, the fire went out..... then the plane burned down. :irked:

Second one was in the Ki-43-III. Went to evade (out-maneuver) a captured American BF109 and before I could make any movement, my elevator got jettisoned.

Really only flew twice last night in-game. Once in the B7A2 where it got set on fire, the fire went out..... then the plane burned down. :irked:

Second one was in the Ki-43-III. Went to evade (out-maneuver) a captured American BF109 and before I could make any movement, my elevator got jettisoned.
Yeah.. so it's not just me then..

Another thing I notice is this. Whenever in the B17 and I take some damage, some, as in the right wing turns a bit yellow on the damage marker, and I try to turn a little the entire wing will rip off and I'll be forced to leave. It's not even a full right bank and pulling back all the way on the stick either..

I love the KI-43-III. You need to be skilled in controlling dives and have good accuracy but it is a fantastic plane.

Getting real tired of my elevators being shot off in the B17... On shot from 5000 feet away and they just disappear..

I especially hate it when I'm three seconds from dropping payload too..
B-17, depending on the current patch, is either an invincible flying fortress OR a piece of meat with wings falling off easily.

Also, I set my best kill count for RB air battles: 5 kills in one match, in a premium LaGG-3-23 (that I've won in some event). And survived (the engine was about to die, but I could have made it home), but my team lost because of ground troops... :ouch:
One was downed by a rocket (!), three - by guns after that, and one more Friedrich (Bf.109F) after reloading on the base (the ammo capacity is so damn small).
2015-08-28_00003.jpg
2015-08-28_00004.jpg
Pokryshkin's best was five in one flight, too.:cool:

Was on the Normandy map with the SU-152 (that historical accuracy :lol:) and spotted a Sherman, and a possible 2nd tank next to him. I lined myself up to fire at the tank I definitely saw and fired.

I got 3 kills. :eek:

Was on the Normandy map with the SU-152 (that historical accuracy :lol:) and spotted a Sherman, and a possible 2nd tank next to him. I lined myself up to fire at the tank I definitely saw and fired.

I got 3 kills. :eek:
1 shot?

Edit:

So I've changed up my fighting strategy a lot since putting the Ferdi away. Usually I'd take my Tiger P out first and try to cap bases and hold at perpindicular spot to the base to get good side armor kills, but half the time (okay more than half) I'd die before I'd finish capping.

So I decided to take it slow, and use the Ferdi again, as it basically was my last resort tank. Now I've been trying to line up with straight shots from me across bases to them, and that seems to work well, if I conceal my sides and not get flanked... The only issue though is the waiting for tanks to cross my path..

Last edited:
Guys I have a question...I've been playing War Thunder a lot since February and have gotten very decent but the controls I'm still curious...I've been flying with the "simulator" controls since I'm an ex-Ace Combat player. I was wondering if the "simplified" controls have any advantage over the "simulator" controls? I'm a PS4 player BTW.

On the tank side...no problems at all. Trying to get to the M22. :P

Guys I have a question...I've been playing War Thunder a lot since February and have gotten very decent but the controls I'm still curious...I've been flying with the "simulator" controls since I'm an ex-Ace Combat player. I was wondering if the "simplified" controls have any advantage over the "simulator" controls? I'm a PS4 player BTW.

On the tank side...no problems at all. Trying to get to the M22. :P
I don't know about PS4, but on PC, simplified controls ("mouse aim") give serious advantage over "full controls" in AB and RB modes. Sim controls are recommended for Sim Battles.

I don't know about PS4, but on PC, simplified controls ("mouse aim") give serious advantage over "full controls" in AB and RB modes. Sim controls are recommended for Sim Battles.
Okay, yeah it seemed like a heck of a lot better turning but it's hard to get used too with joysticks. Also I've never used ANYTHING like it so I'll just have to train myself. :P Thank you. 👍

Considering that maybe I'm not as bad as I think. :P

Okay, yeah it seemed like a heck of a lot better turning but it's hard to get used too with joysticks. Also I've never used ANYTHING like it so I'll just have to train myself. :P Thank you. 👍

Considering that maybe I'm not as bad as I think. :P
Trim is the only thing I wanted to be able to adjust but it seems like I can only do so in RB... B/c in AB my B17 keeps climbing by itself and it's SO DAMN ANNOYING...

Trim is the only thing I wanted to be able to adjust but it seems like I can only do so in RB... B/c in AB my B17 keeps climbing by itself and it's SO DAMN ANNOYING...
If your control wires are gone there is nothing you can do. The plane flies itself.

Games broken. Not computer savvy enough to fix it. I get a disk read/write error when I try to update it. This is the only game I have issues with. Haven't played in months so a lot of updates. Restarting the update over and over doesn't do anything. Uninstalling and reinstalling does nothing. I just wanted to fly some planes. :(

Games broken. Not computer savvy enough to fix it. I get a disk read/write error when I try to update it. This is the only game I have issues with. Haven't played in months so a lot of updates. Restarting the update over and over doesn't do anything. Uninstalling and reinstalling does nothing. I just wanted to fly some planes. :(
Anything else do this?

Nope. As I said only game, never have I ran into this before either. When I looked it up people were saying just keep restarting the update, I did that for well over an hour with no luck, and try reinstalling also with no luck. I also read that it would be something wrong with my hard drive, but as far as I can tell very thing is perfectly fine.

Back