War Thunder (F2P Air/Ground combat MMO)

Most of that is for arcade, but applies for everything. You just have to scrutinize your work a lot more and pay attention a lot more too in RB.

I wasn't sure though if you were talking about arcade or not but I will play around and figure things out with the german tanks.

Confusing... I read it three times and still don't understand what they are changing. They say an 8.0 will play only 8.0 and higher, yet it can step down if it's the highest. What's the sense of refitting the entire thing if there will always be one higher ranked tank. Hell, I have the 1.3 BR AA with my 7.0 and 6.7's, yet it doesn't make a diff on matchmaking...

It was a little confusing and people were speculating or stating that the BR ceiling is being lowered but who knows besides Gaijin. I think how they have the BR rating set for ground forces is they take the top tank BR in your line and places you against similar BRs but with some of the tier one tanks you end up against T-34 (40-42) versions which are tricky to penetrate them at low tier tanks.

The same principles of tank battles in arcade are also usable in realistic and sim battles. The absolute worst thing you could do in any nation/any tank is to blindly rush into battles. I've been much more successful in the battles when I take it slowly, pay attention to surroundings and keep myself in safe positions only to move when I know it's clear.

Edit: Yes, for ground battles, the matchmaker takes your top rated tank into consideration only. For air battles in arcade, it takes out the lowest and highest I think. I'm not too sure on that as I hardly ever play arcade.

Something I've been doing a lot lately is nabbing up those free bombers/fighters and spotting out where people are. If I'm in a hairy situation too, I'll scope out where he is in front of me exactly and see if a flanking shot is possible..

Something I've been doing a lot lately is nabbing up those free bombers/fighters and spotting out where people are. If I'm in a hairy situation too, I'll scope out where he is in front of me exactly and see if a flanking shot is possible..

Thats a pretty good idea but I normally don't use the bombers or fighters in ground forces. I mainly focus on the tanks ahead but one of the annoying problems are the attackers with rockets. Those usually get me in some of the battles.

My play style is sometimes go straight into the fight and see what happens or approach it cautiously and figure out how to cap the base.

My play style is sometimes go straight into the fight and see what happens
From Tier 1-3, this is an acceptable way to play. Normally, you'll get more RP and lions by doing so because people aren't sitting as much as we do in tiers IV-V.

That said, when you get to IV-V, that's a good way to bankrupt yourself if your gameplay is marginal in terms of lions earned and tanks lost... You'll quickly see (like I did) that you will net lower lions than the cost is to auto repair and replenish and you'll run out of credits really fast...

But for now, have fun with the few tanks you have, but play a bit smarter than that. Think of where they can enter places to attack objectives and place your self on their flanks when entering... Just try to get an advantage over them that causes them to lose the game. Not by camping their base, but limiting their exits from the base.. or a funnel approach if you will.

Higher tiers are a very "wait and see" kind of gameplay. I'm just starting to get into researching tier 4 with a few countries now after almost a year of playing just about daily in both the air and on the ground. I actually prefer that type of approach to playing. I do have two tier 4 US ground vehicles at this point.

4v1 situation just now. I had been shot down early in the match because I was a bomber. I stayed in and watched. There was one spitfire left on the enemy team, and EVERY. SINGLE. REMAINING. RUSSIAN. PLANE. JUST. BLINDLY. FLIES. INTO. THE. ENEMY. AIRFIELD. TRYING. TO. TAKE. THAT. REMAINING. SPITFIRE. OUT.

:banghead: 🤬🤬🤬

Did you guys know there is a minimap feature at least for the PC version? use the localhost IP or you can use your phones browser and the IP for your computer with port 8111 (ie 168.192.1.10:8111)
Not sure if this is the same for the console version though. Just thought I'd pass that along as I've been playing on and off for for well over a year and never knew of this.

Think it only works with PC.

Thought I'd give arcade tank battles a shot. Only thing I got out of it was more assists and lag I never dealt with before. Back to realistic I go...

Struggled for hours yesterday to get a good match going for myself. Finally did eventually.

Today isn't going any better. First match I'm teamkilled within 30 seconds, next match I'm killed by tanks that managed to somehow get around a mass grouping of my team. :banghead:

Just had a really fun match at Carpathians.

Started out as Jagdtiger at the northern spawn (not the one in the hole) and went to the top of the mountain. Mode was conquest so only 1 cap and it was at the castle. I sucked at that position. Drew in too much fire and eventually died, only getting one kill. Then the criers starting whining about us not capping A. Tickets for them was still at max and we were under 1/4. So I used the backup Jagdtiger and went to A as fast as I could. Luckily where the cover thins out on the top, there were two Maus' taking up the fire so I was able to time it when I needed to get past them to the base.

I get up to the base, and I see a T34-85, knowing that as soon as I climb this hill he'll have a lower glacis shot and that'll be the match. Lucky for me, half of my team was still where I was at when I first died, so that took his attention. I put one good 128mm to the back of his head and he was gone. Proceded to the base and finished capping.

Our tickets 56, theirs... 14000. It was as if the match never started for them. So after watching the movie "Fury" only a few nights ago, I went into beast mode and held up by a wall, right underneath one of the castle arches, and started to pick them off one by one. I peeked out a little and saw something that I've always had trouble killing... a T95. Luckily for me again, there was a T10m that decided to help me cap, and he was at least 500 feet to my right, I called him out and we both readied up. However, as soon as I readied up for the T95, an IS2 popped out and I couldn't take a chance with 122mm gun that close. 1 shot as always and he was gone. The good thing was, he was stopped right in front of the T95, giving me time to reload. After I did, I took a shot at his Copula, and then the T10 knocked his engine out right when he saw my lower glacis. I reloaded and hit the copula with an HE shot... gone.

But that was only the first. I had to then take out a Jagdtiger, the one who killed me first, who also decided not to move, easy two shot kill to the lower glacis (in other words, not a good driver). Next up was a a few SPAA's, a ZSU 32 and a flakpanzer. Both easy kills. Then, trouble. An M103 came up the hill but the T10 was able to knock his engine out. Unfortunately for him, that didn't stop the loader, and the T10 was gone after that. I had the 103 in my sights but behind it was an IS3.... I contemplated for what seemed like minutes what to do, get the IS3 or the easy kill.

Of course I opted for the M103. If he repaired, there's no way I could traverse that fast enough later on, and if I missed the IS3 on the first shot, they'd both get me. Right now I was asking for everyone that had a bomber, light bomber, and fighter to knock the IS3 out, after I took the M103 on my own. Bombs, artillery and gunfire were bouncing off all over the hill. I then drove out around one of the castle walls to bait the IS3, which I was actually able to take a shot to his side while he was up-hill with no shot. Unfortunately for me, it bounced. I reloaded, and hoped he would think that I'd look out that way again. He did. He took the bait and I readied up for my second shot, just enough time to reload. He then came to the arch, and I tried to think of where do I shoot an IS3, even this close? I couldn't think at all right now, so I hit his turret, another bounce. He returned fire at me and knocked my engine out and three crew. Leaving only the driver, commander and loader, the prime crew, I sat to reload again, but had no shot. I had a heavy bomber option, or light bomber. Looking at it now, the light bombers were spawning right above A, while the heavies were clear across the map. As you can guess... I took the heavy to reduce the chance of rockets failing to get him. However, in the kill feed to my right I saw he got me already.

As I approached him and my dead tank I dropped a good salvo where he had stopped, and noticed a T54 and another M47 had made it up the hill... I respawned after dropping a failed payload into the Jagdpanther for maximum speed, but it was all too late, as soon as they took the cap our 56 tickets were gone. If only we had five seconds left, they would've lost. Their total ticket count...

Quite an intense match there. I've had a battle close to that where we ended with 186 points or so and manage to run out the other teams ticket counter when I countered and capture the base. Not as exciting as your though.

Quite an intense match there. I've had a battle close to that where we ended with 186 points or so and manage to run out the other teams ticket counter when I countered and capture the base. Not as exciting as your though.
lol... It was awesome. I really didn't think we would make it because there were so many enemies shooting at me even before I made it to safety behind those Maus' I thought for sure I'd get hit there again. But yeah.... Damn IS3s man..

Yep but they are a pain at tier 2 since Germany and US have a hard time penetrating them and taking them out. Thats from my experience playing the other nations and going against them.

Yep but they are a pain at tier 2 since Germany and US have a hard time penetrating them and taking them out. Thats from my experience playing the other nations and going against them.

T-34's aren't totally OP though, the amount of times your fuel tanks blow up is so frustrating. But if you don't have their sides they can be really tough.

Once when I was under the middle hill on Ash River in my T-34, trying to get to the cap point, I was confronted by at least 6 if not 8 enemy tanks. In twos or ones they drove down the hill trying to get me, but they kept on just shooting my driver, and I killed nearly all of them (with many one-shots), but eventually I got destroyed. :grumpy:

Enduring conflicts are back for realistic and simulator. This time it's over Sicily with the Germans squaring off against the US/Britain.

Games broken. Not computer savvy enough to fix it. I get a disk read/write error when I try to update it. This is the only game I have issues with. Haven't played in months so a lot of updates. Restarting the update over and over doesn't do anything. Uninstalling and reinstalling does nothing. I just wanted to fly some planes. :(

Pulled up the game on a whim and it installed first go! And it seems I haven't lost any skill (if any) I had since. Can finally fly planes. \o/

Started using manual engine controls... mostly for radiator and mixture settings. Have noticed that it's almost unnecessary to have the radiators open ever, at least on the planes that are upgraded.

Yeah, it would be nice to have a joystick. Some users on the official forum tested kb/m on PS4 and it wasn't as good as kb/m on PC. Probably down to PS4's input abilities. So it would seem that users like me are at a slight disadvantage no matter what the controller is.

Do you do Arcade, Realistic, or Simulator? I run Arcade as of now because I feel as soon as I step it up I'm going to get my 🤬 handed to me. :lol: Also only have a few tier I planes...
I do all arcade when I fly. Realistic is just too hard for me to spot people.

I'm more of a ground attack player, but I have the first two US B17's unlocked, the first P51 unlocked so I'm pretty much in the middle. I'd like to get the B29 and just not care after that... so ya.

Swagger897 is the username.

Back