War Thunder (F2P Air/Ground combat MMO)

More ammo = more chance of exploding death. Which is why I go with 30. Only exception is AA vehicles. I go full ammo on those.

I barely ever get exploding death.

Naah, he's started a couple of clans in a few games and appears to have had a ban called on him in a private forum group. Famous? I'd say he's about as famous as any of us.

I ended up having some success with the Shoka... when I stopped trying to BnZ with it. :lol: Turns out it's not a bad energy fighter...

Hurricane Mk IV. Not really sure what to think of this one. It's probably good for ground attack, but I've not had an opportunity because fast Russian planes intercept me before I can make it anywhere.
That's why it was employed in African Theatre of Operations with A-36 Apache etc..

Hurricane Mk IV. Not really sure what to think of this one. It's probably good for ground attack, but I've not had an opportunity because fast Russian planes intercept me before I can make it anywhere.
It still turns well so use that. And remember although they are hard to aim the cannons are pretty much 1 shot kills.

Yes they are. On Korea, I ended up being the o ly one left on my team and no one had shot anyone down. Took out a bombe in a headon pass and then a fighter in the same manner before I got shot down. Not much I could have done because I had 5-6 Russian fighters bearing down on me in a fairly thigt group. I went for the one that was closest thinking I would have had time to move before the next one got to me but it turns out I didn't.

Also shot down a FW-200 one match later but that took a few more shots because I kept missing critical components on the wings. Then it exploded.

Sooo.... if you decide to block me, run into me, or shoot at me (friendly of course) I'll write your name down and remember it...

Just had someone cut me off in a Ferdi, then blame it on me (we're at Berlin, roads are smaller than a Stuart). So then he passes me up in his SU100, and gets right into a line of fire into a Jagdtiger, about 45 degrees to his right, .2km away. I follow right up on him and as soon as he backs up act as an anchor to make sure he knows who I am....

So tired of friendly fire/stupid idiots in this game who play russian to win. No, you're getting your candy 🤬 handed to you..

I know what you guys mean, I've noticed an unusually high amount of friendly contact today. From being shot down by friendlies, and swiping by. Had a match where there were basically no kills, only team mates running into each other or the opponents, and the enemies were doing it too with their team mates! None of it looked intentional but it blew my mind.

This is Arcade mode and some of the RB in nutshell:

latest

It's epic when you run into that one random person who silently teams up with you and you start wrecking stuff. Once on...I forgot the name but that massive wide open European field map...I was in an M18 and I just started having another M18 follow me. We put up a decent fight against them Germans. 👍

It's epic when you run into that one random person who silently teams up with you and you start wrecking stuff. Once on...I forgot the name but that massive wide open European field map...I was in an M18 and I just started having another M18 follow me. We put up a decent fight against them Germans. 👍
Them Germans still whoop ass...

One of my first flights in the BF109 E-4, spotted a low, slow F4F and was 3-4km above it, so I dove for it, fired, took him out and came pretty close to crashing into the plane. Then I started to climb back to altitude. I think that was the first time I've done a boom and zoom and needed only one pass on the target. Plane was stock as well. :lol:

One of my first flights in the BF109 E-4, spotted a low, slow F4F and was 3-4km above it, so I dove for it, fired, took him out and came pretty close to crashing into the plane. Then I started to climb back to altitude. I think that was the first time I've done a boom and zoom and needed only one pass on the target. Plane was stock as well. :lol:
Just advanced passed that E-4 a few weeks ago...

Flying the LaGG-3-66 last night. Had a squad on the other team seal clubbing everyone. They got to me, set me on fire, I immediately shut the engine off and put it into a dive. Fire goes out. They set me on fire 2 more times. Fire goes out both times. Before I can get the engine going again, I put the plane into a spin to try to get them off me. I get out of the spin and they still end up shooting me down, because that's what squads with communication have the ability to do. They then go on to complain about how I managed to put out the fires 3 times and pull out of an "unrecoverable flat spin", which is wasn't a flat spin because the plane was doing backflips.

Yet, they're the ones that grouped up on me... and they're mad because I didn't get shot down fast enough for their liking. :lol:

Flying the LaGG-3-66 last night. Had a squad on the other team seal clubbing everyone. They got to me, set me on fire, I immediately shut the engine off and put it into a dive. Fire goes out. They set me on fire 2 more times. Fire goes out both times. Before I can get the engine going again, I put the plane into a spin to try to get them off me. I get out of the spin and they still end up shooting me down, because that's what squads with communication have the ability to do. They then go on to complain about how I managed to put out the fires 3 times and pull out of an "unrecoverable flat spin", which is wasn't a flat spin because the plane was doing backflips.
There was a rumor that Stalin had tried to burn a LaGG-3 prototype with his tobacco pipe. I don't remember the end of this story, but I think when he had no luck with that, he said "Okay, it's fire-safe! Start the mass production!"

Back