War Thunder (F2P Air/Ground combat MMO)

We're getting there.

This game really could use spawn protection. Just make it out of bounds for the enemy team to get within sight of the spawns, like how Battlefield handles it. Anyone who dares defy that virtual barricade shall get artillery rained down on them after 5-10 seconds of being in the zone, or just blown up outright like with trying to leave the area of the battlefield.

We're getting there.

This game really could use spawn protection. Just make it out of bounds for the enemy team to get within sight of the spawns, like how Battlefield handles it. Anyone who dares defy that virtual barricade shall get artillery rained down on them after 5-10 seconds of being in the zone, or just blown up outright like with trying to leave the area of the battlefield.
I have to post my rant on this in a few seconds... (on world of warships right now)

I have to post my rant on this in a few seconds... (on world of warships right now)
I just rage quitted after being wrecked by a battleship in my Cruiser....was retreating. :lol:

Yeah yesterday I spawned up and as soon as I did, I was being pelted by A BLOODY T17! :banghead: Thankfully I broke his toy with my 37mm cannon. 👍 The Africa maps need some help in the spawn department.

And people that don't play the objective. I just got out of a game where the last remaining player on the team was on the opposite side of the map the entire time. It serves no purpose to your team when you're nowhere near where you're suppose to be.

Do people know that they get points for being near the enemy, and the objective, on top of getting points for being in battle + gaining battle activity %?

So here we go...

The map or whatever with the giant hill on one side and the mud pit with the destroyed bridge at, whatever map that is I played twice with the same thing happening each time.. I spawn on the left side for both matches too.

Anyways, I'm in my all ground forces line up of the Jagdtiger, 10.5 King Tiger, Ferdinand, Jagdpanther, and the Kugelblitz. I spawn in the Jagdtiger, and spawn at the one on the top hill. I try to stay as close to cover as I can, and cover myself w/ the rocks on the right from people down by the mud hole. So I start plopping T44s, T54s, and and IS2 on the highest part of the hill to my right, easy kills. Then, a T92 comes around the corner just feet away and starts wrecking my team. I can't get a shot on him because there's a T54 in front of us just over a hill that I can't depress low enough, and he's too far to my right where I have to traverse (this is RB by the way). So the T54 comes out, I take a few shots, and the T92 comes out after I shoot to get me. I have to pick either the t92 or T54, and I know I'm going to die soon, so I'm just trying to land good hits.

Well, about the third hit on the T54 kills him, and right after that the T92 tracks me. So I try to spin enough where I can still get a shot on him on reload. Well, he comes around the rock, and just lays it down on me.

So I spawn in my 10.5 and wait for him to come to me. I'm at the same spawn on the top of the hill. Eventually, he comes out, and I get an amazing shot through the cupola and kill him. Was truly amazed. Well, shortly after that, an American TD comes out on my right, while still in the spawn, and I pop a shot and hit him on the turret rings. I go in chase for him, and circle around a large rock. No where to be found, I then turn the other way, only for another T54 to come out and kill me.

SO I spawn in the Kugleblitz. Instantly see the TD so I fire away and get him, but the T54 is still there, and spawn kills me again. I can't spawn at the other base because that's even worse right now with spawn killers. So, I get my Ferdinand out and spawn a little bit down the hill, and would you looky there, a Black Prince right in front. Easy kill. Then behind me is that T54, I traverse and wait for him to come over the hill, boom, dead.

Then behind me is another Black prince, which he takes me out. After that I get the Jagdpanther out and try to get him, but get killed by some Brit in my back...

The same thing repeated after that, same map, same situation. There was nothing I could do. The team was honestly trying, but they would charge and we can't reload as fast as them and they'd easily get us dead.

If aviation matches have superb base AA, then why can't we have good enough base TD ai...

The mother of all rants. :lol:

Do people know that they get points for being near the enemy, and the objective, on top of getting points for being in battle + gaining battle activity %?
Nope.

The only times I lay back a bit are in tank destroyers. Usually I barge in guns blazing like a scene out of "The Expendables" screaming: "MURICA'!!!!". No kidding. :lol: I can last the whole game...or 30 seconds. :P

Unless it's the M10/M18/M36 type of tank destroyer, you should absolutely be sitting back behind your team, or at least sticking near tanks that can offer support to you if enemies show up in spots you can't get.

Edit: No one has any situational awareness either. :banghead:

Unless it's the M10/M18/M36 type of tank destroyer, you should absolutely be sitting back behind your team, or at least sticking near tanks that can offer support to you if enemies show up in spots you can't get.

Edit: No one has any situational awareness either. :banghead:
What I hate is that I get **** for staying back in the M18 (my pride and joy :D :drool: ) from the team sometimes, when I'm thinking like: "Brah, do you want that Tiger destroyed and some fire support or do you not?". TD's are snipers, can't charge in with them, but people don't understand that. :boggled:

I'm disappointed in how the air portion of tank battles work. Maybe it's because I'm putting around on Arcade battles but I'm not fond of being thrown into a random plane, especially when it's not country matching. Was hoping it would be using my own but I guess not. Basically, flew once and never pressed that air battle button again.

rFxCdzk.png

:)

That a mod or did this just happen?

Today's update, among other things (primarily tweaks to Tea Tank br's) has changed the hangar to something resembling a snowed over air-strip, complete with a sparkly Xmas tree. If they could only throw in an x-large hat for my KV-2's turret, it would be perfect...

Today's update, among other things (primarily tweaks to Tea Tank br's) has changed the hangar to something resembling a snowed over air-strip, complete with a sparkly Xmas tree. If they could only throw in an x-large hat for my KV-2's turret, it would be perfect...
Sweet! Can't wait to play again tonight! :D

Edit: Tried playing but it says the server is in maintenance...when's maintenance gonna be over?

Edit edit: War Thunder has suffered from a DDoS attack, they're trying to resolve the issue now.
http://warthunder.com/en/news/3486-news-server-issues-en

Last edited:
I think the service has been restored to the game.

Edit: The first Valentine in the tech tree, while slow, is amazing. I went through a match on Ash River where I got shot at about 20 times, and every single shot bounced. It's only weakness that I've found is facing other Valentines. I even had a moment where I went shot for shot with another Valentine and we took each other out at the same time in the same manner.

tfw you're a B17 in RB, and head back to base (after one drop was dead on, the other didn't even register), reload at base, and you're the last one alive....

So you pretty much know you're screwed, and decide "well, should I wait at the base and let the op AA and my guns go to work, or do I fly and continue to bomb bases?

Well, I asked myself that very same question too. At first, I ran down the ramp, got to 60 mph and decided to stop. Thank god I did, because an LA5 was diving down on me. I evaded his first pass, then when he came back I opened up and got him. So I waited, and thankfully I did when I saw another LA5 swooping down. He was an easy kill, as AA made him bleed and I sniped him out.

So I think there's only two left, both of which I can't see them, so I decide to takeoff. No later than 400 yards from the airbase did another LA5 pop up....

Yeah, didn't last long. In the soup I went.

That's why I no longer fly bombers in air battles.

Also, I probably had 8-10 matches in a row, while trying to get just 2 of the 5 wins I needed for the star, where I had 95-100% activity and the team got demolished around me. Very infuriating when I'm the only one playing the objective, killing 6-8 tanks and my team runs around like headless chickens.

With the new festive hangar it has taken a toll on my FPS when first signing in but in games the FPS is a lot better and playable.

I've been playing with the US tanks a bit more, is the pain supposed to come later on? Just unlocked the M4 to go with my M4A1/M10, and it's nowhere near as bad as I was fearing; they can do a job on practically everything in their BR range, and they can take a bit of punishment too.

On a side note, the new festive backdrop in the launcher is quite endearing. :)

I've been playing with the US tanks a bit more, is the pain supposed to come later on? Just unlocked the M4 to go with my M4A1/M10, and it's nowhere near as bad as I was fearing; they can do a job on practically everything in their BR range, and they can take a bit of punishment too.

On a side note, the new festive backdrop in the launcher is quite endearing. :)
It'll start getting more of a challenge when you get to 5.0 and start facing Tigers and Panthers.

Latest Posts

Back