Weekly Challenge Discussion Thread

• Thread starter GlockPants
  • 3,928 comments
zjn
I'm not yet good enough the beat the 800PP on a level playing field.
I tried a no-stop RH with the Porsche Gr3 ending up 5th.
Swithced than to my go-to Sauber Mercedes C9, detuned, and won by 50s.
Need to find something in the middle to make this kind of race more enjoyable
You could try the Audi R5 DTM car. Also a killer at Sardegna.

Last edited:
Had a really hard time with this week's races. There's only been one easy win actually on Road Atlanta. The rest was pushing pushing pushing from race start to the finish line. And yes, I chose the easy way in Watkins Glen after losing big time in my first attempt with the Ford GT LM Test Car ...

Here's the cars I used :

Race 1 : Tesla Model 3, stock car, slightly detuned via power restrictor, 555 PP
Race 2 : Tesla Model 3, stock car, 560 PP
Race 3 : Daihatsu Copen, Praiano tuning, detuned via power restrictor, 375 PP
Race 4 : GT3 RS 992, stock car, 650 PP
Race 5 : GT-R GT500, Praiano tuning, 800 PP

One impression I wanted to share with you was that the leading car always seemed to be able to react to my attacks. They were able to increase their speed whenever needed, so overtaking for the lead got extremely difficult ( especially against Carrazza in Barcelona ). No clue whether anyone can second this.

Having read your race reports above, I'm planning to re-run the Kei Car race and the WTC 800 challenge tonight. :cheers:

View attachment 1331791View attachment 1331792
That Porsche race is hard. I did it first with a GT4 Cayman and it was easy but that's a race prepped car against road cars. Did it again with a tuned 993 and it was even harder. First place is a real race.

Edit to add: I posted earlier about a GT350 with sport soft tires at RA. Give it a try. It obliterates the field at the suggested pp level.

Last edited:
One impression I wanted to share with you was that the leading car always seemed to be able to react to my attacks. They were able to increase their speed whenever needed, so overtaking for the lead got extremely difficult ( especially against Carrazza in Barcelona ). No clue whether anyone can second this.
I can second this. However, I've never watched a replay to watch the enemy cars lap times, so I have no evidence other than what I feel is happening. But Carazza is very fast in the Porsche Cup. I felt like I was standing still on the straights compared to their car.

Some events the rubber banding is strong, I think the Porsche Cup is one such event. A few weeks ago, with the X2019 race at Trial Mountain. I could catch up to the leader, but once I got past them they kicked it up a notch and I was having to defend very hard, often leading to me making a mistake because I'm not a computer. Other times, I feel like the enemy cars defend very hard but once you get past them, they will back off and go about the normal inefficient race line and braking unnecessarily.

You could try the Audi R5 DTM car. Also a killer at Sardegna.

I second this! It's almost a cheat car with this tune.

Finished all 5 again.
-R5 Gr.2 detuned for the race at the Glen (fun one, easy no-stop)

-One of the newer 911s detuned a bit for the Porsche race - pretty fun car that I don't think I'd used before

-Trusty Ford GT for the Atlanta race

-Cappuccino for the Kei car race. Had to do some very tricky gear ratio adjustments to pull off a first place. Took an embarrassingly long time to get it just right (OK, some of that was poor driving)

-I think the Teslas have overstayed their welcome

Ok ... re-runs done, feeling better now. :lol:

More power and less weight for a whopping 395 PP on my Copen made the Kei Car race a breeze. Got into first at the end of lap 4, got the CRB as well.
For the WTC 800 race I used the RSR this time with a Praiano tune. Added RM tires and a bit of power, pitted for fuel and tires after lap 5 and won with a comfortable margin of about 20 sec. Btw, no penalty for the pitstop. Was very careful to not touch the line at pit entry and it worked. No CRB though.

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240226160708.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240226185838.jpg

Last edited:
Decided to spice some races up a bit. My red Mustang at RA and Nismo GT3 at The Glen.
Mustang was twitchy with my set-up but I won it by about 8 secs. The 800 was a closer race compared to me using the R5 or the Nismo GT500. I didn't get to first until about the 7th lap and only because AI pitted. I pitted on lap 6. Miscalculated (LOL) my fuel and almost ran out on the last lap. Won by 9secs. I'll try some weaker cars next.
Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta __1 (7) by 2cam16, on Flickr
Watkins Glen Long Course__1 (5) by 2cam16, on Flickr

For the WTC 800 race I used the RSR this time with a Praiano tune. Added a high rpm turbo and RM tires, pitted for fuel and tires after lap 5 and won with a comfortable margin of about 20 sec. Btw, no penalty for the pitstop. Was very careful to not touch the line at pit entry and it worked. No CRB though.
Is Praiano RSR really so different than the BOP one? I'm not speaking about power, I'm more instersted in handling
I newer went to Priaiano for Gr3, 4 because I'd like to keep them stock, but right now I have enough money to buy a second dedicated one.

zjn
Is Praiano RSR really so different than the BOP one? I'm not speaking about power, I'm more instersted in handling
I newer went to Priaiano for Gr3, 4 because I'd like to keep them stock, but right now I have enough money to buy a second dedicated one.
I don't think you need to buy a second RSR. This is the tune I used :
I only added the RM tires and I think 5 % ECU output.
You see there's no permanent parts ( not sure if this is possible at all on race cars ), so you simply have one settings sheet for the stock car and another for Praiano's setup ... and many more for any other setup you like.

As for Praiano's setups ... he's a real champion in making cars drivable. Just test it, there's nothing to be lost. ;)

Last edited:
Finished all 5 again.
-R5 Gr.2 detuned for the race at the Glen (fun one, easy no-stop)

-One of the newer 911s detuned a bit for the Porsche race - pretty fun car that I don't think I'd used before

-Trusty Ford GT for the Atlanta race

-Cappuccino for the Kei car race. Had to do some very tricky gear ratio adjustments to pull off a first place. Took an embarrassingly long time to get it just right (OK, some of that was poor driving)

-I think the Teslas have overstayed their welcome
Has anyone had problems with the race bonus payouts? I’ve done all 5 events but didn’t get the bonuses for 1,3, and all events completed…

Has anyone had problems with the race bonus payouts? I’ve done all 5 events but didn’t get the bonuses for 1,3, and all events completed…
It is a well-known bug and very random. Some have it, some don't and it is not systematic either. And no update in sight at the moment.

I don't think you need to buy a second RSR. This is the tune I used :
I only added the RM tires and I think 5 % ECU output.
You see there's no permanent parts ( not sure if this is possible at all on race cars ), so you simply have one settings sheet for the stock car and another for Praiano's setup ... and many more for any other setup you like.

As for Praiano's setups ... he's a real champion in making cars drivable. Just test it, there's nothing to be lost. ;)
I gave it a try.
The car is good, even though it's a bit less forgiving under heavy breaking than the original.
As for the race, i tried an handsome of time and didn't complete any.
I'am very faulty and the group overtaking plus the fact that other cars do not respect my line did not allow me to have a consistent race.
Without miscues I think I am podium bound, but not winner

Just sport soft tires. That's it. It's an animal. So much go. Brake early and don't sweat the corners. Just get through em. You'll beat everything in the straights.
OK so I figured out that you were talking about the Shelby GT350R '16 and not the '65 :)

I can definitely confirm that the car crushes the race with the stock + SS configuration you mentioned.

But this made me curious about the Shelby G.T.350 '65 so I took a @praiano63 550pp tune for this car, adapted it for 600pp, and it was awesome! The handling was much better (because the suspension was tuned by the maestro). Lap times about 1 second faster than the '16, and (for me) an (even) more enjoyable drive.

Then for fun I took the '65 out to the Grand Valley 600pp event, one of my favorite basic events in the game because it's very competitive, and I always have to be on my 'A' game to win.

The '65 Shelby performed fabulously. The responsiveness and handling is like butter, and really fits the track. I was turning low 2:01.xx laps with it, which is one of my better 600pp performances on that event.

Below is Praiano's tune:

I don't have time to upload pics now, but my basic changes were: SS tires, no supercharger, 9/9 (instead of 10/10) ARB, lowered final gear on trans to set top speed in gear 5 at 310kph, plus a few minor tweaks to dial it in at 600.00pp

Race 1: Corvette C4 at 600pp
Race 2: Tesla as light as possible and RS just to get this over with, hopefully no electric cars the next few months
Race 3: Honda S660, only got 3rd as is spun out 2 times :D
Race 4: Porsche 959 650pp on RH, easy win, very enjoyable, maybe around 620 does the trick for a closer race
Race 5: beeing sick of using GR1/2 cars for 800pp Races, where all the opponents drive Gr3, I tried the Viper GT3 (most stock power among the Gr3 cars i think) w/o supercharger, relatively easy win. 5/5 on RM with shifting around half of the rev bar

Here are the cars I used for each event:

Lightweight Kei Cup @ Lago Maggiore - Suzuki Jimny
Special Event @ Nurburgring Sprint - Tesla Model 3
American Sunday Cup 600 @ Road Atlanta - Tesla Model 3
Porsche Cup @ Catalunya - Porsche Taycan
WTC 800 @ Watkins Glen - Chevrolet Corvette C7 Gr.3

I suppose that after doing the one-make with the Model 3, I'd try using it for the American Sunday Cup race, too, and then I got inspired to stay on the EV streak by using the Taycan for the Porsche Cup. I remain highly curious as to what, if any changes to this mechanic could be taking place for new challenges to only start appearing about 1.5 weeks later on March 8th. It could be as simple as PD wanting to change the day of the week that the challenges are updated.

Last edited:
Those Kei Cup races are a lot harder than they look. I've only won 2 out of 3 even on easy (the Tokyo one I've only managed second place).
So I struggled with them for the longest time. Now I have a tuned Honda Beat '91 that dominates them so much on speed. The handling is a little tricky and takes some getting used to. But the speed is so much higher than the rest of the pack it makes up for any mistakes made due to the handling. In the Kei Cup race from this week's challenge where there are 7 laps, I used to struggle to get even 3rd or 2nd. Now I'm in 1st place at the end of Lap 3.

The Honda Beat '91 has the engine swapped to the K20C1-Civic-'20 with NO widebody. If you are not at Collector Level 50 then the only way to get the engine is through the roulette tickets.

Honda Beat '91
K20C1-Civic-'20 engine swapped
No Widebody
13-inch rims, rim width wide, offset wide
Front Std, Side Std, Wing Custom
Roll Cage Std

18df0fb95a335-screenshotUrl (1).jpg
18df0fbb08d62-screenshotUrl.jpg
18df0fbca0859-screenshotUrl.jpg
18df0fbf9b92-screenshotUrl.jpg

People are struggling with the Kei car race? I'm pretty sure I won with a tuned S660. Pretty easy win if I recall.
My first try was with an stock Capuccino, and i had not the sleightest chace to get into the top 3(on medium difficulty), with an moderately tuned version(a bit below the recommended PP)on the second try it was a win(cahched the leading car on the very last turn of the race...)

What's the reason we haven't seen the new Weekly Challenge events posted from Australia yet?

Are they tied to the new update whenever that's going in instead?

What's the reason we haven't seen the new Weekly Challenge events posted from Australia yet?

Are they tied to the new update whenever that's going in instead?
No. It was announced last week that the next set would be up on Friday 8th March.

If there was any doubt about it, I can confirm that the current set of Weekly Challenges expire at midnight local time and are not replaced.
Pardon any ignorance, or missing a post that spoke about this already, but what does this mean exactly? No weeklies for a week?

Last edited:
Back