Weekly Design Comp 1: Race car.

• Thread starter Sakiale
  • 27 comments

Sakiale

(Banned)
Can be any kind of race car you want. DTM, Formula 1, anything.

Just make it new and innovative, of your own design, thumbnails only please ;)

Guys, this has got to be the fourth attempt at reincarnating a car drawing/design competition. It doesn't work. Unless you can think of something wild and new to attract people (dumping a link in your sigs won't fly), it won't really work.

If you want to start it up again, start posting on a regular basis your work in the Photography and Graphics section to generate some interest from other people who frequent that part of the boards.

If it was a monthly or something comp I'm sure more people would enter. It doesn't take long to draw somthing, but you need time to think about what you're drawing. I don't think those profesional car designers just get a weeks notice, they go around looking for inspiration anywhere they can find it. This thread may be dead, but I plan on making a pic just because.

Don't mean to double post, but maybe if you gave a full design brief? I know when I try to come up with a design it's difficult to come up with an idea for what I want to draw. Just a suggestion.

Well, we're not professional. Especially me.

Anyway... I'll start a poll if we get at least 3 entries. If we get 2, Ill enter.

Just a lunchbreak job. Not particularly innovative or anything plenty gawdy though...

carpg5.jpg

this is kind of a rallycross/street racer thing.. shrunk down to 800x4--px;
rallycrossoo2.jpg

the 4 wierd looking squares on the front bumper are the auxiliary lights btw.

By that, you mean neon, right? Welll I guess I could try and get a pic of my BMW "M85" supercar up...

Oh damn! It has to be a RACE car?

Screw it Ill just put on some vinyls and stuff...

hmm now that I look again, the drawing doesnt look all that great...

well, I'll add to this comp then. Here's my BMW DTM cars.

Attachments

• SMCAR.jpg
    SMCAR.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 14
  • SMCAR 003.jpg
    SMCAR 003.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 11
eew, Bangle :P

Nice. The wheels could be more detailed though. But very nice :).

thanks:tup: wheels took a while with the original design I had in mind so I just scraped the idea and went for decent looking wheels.

Back