Weekly Race Series, Week 1 - Supraman!!!

• Thread starter boombexus
  • 319 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by made in holland
New T2: 32.9xx
damn :eek: . My best T2 so far is 33.8xx and I never even got my best lap time from that!

Ok, I'm not at Holland's pace, I'm near Boom. I'll try to give some advice.

Try not to turn too abruptly when coming to the tunnel, you should be above 140 until at least the final turn leading to the tunnel.

Try to get as tightly to the left of the tunnel as you can, going through it at 80-90 mph. Position the car on the rumble strip out of the tunnel to the left and shift to fourth gear, then take the tight right hand turn in 3rd at about 75 mph. Get to around 95 for the right hander leading to the second tunnel. Try not to be below 95 between that tunnel and the next one. Slow to around 75 for the next turn. Near 75 is also good for the next turn to require braking. I'm not sure about the final braking turn.

I just pulled a 33.809 on a best lap run.

But I still feel like Im gonna bring that down just because I didnt start racing for this comp until today.

Up till now I have been running a vette at grand valley to show the R34 what a vettes about.

Luckily now I can devote myself to this comp. because I laid down a best lap with the vette I can live with.

so... 33.809

Uppp!, now its a .735

Originally posted by Frustrated Palm
You know what I found? When I have a sort of slow T2 I get a faster time for some reason :odd:...

Same here. :odd:

And something else that is odd, i'm 2 tenths of a second faster in the Denso Supra than in the Castrol Supra, around the same track...

It looks like the final results are going to be verrrry close! Better shave off every last hundredth you can boys!:mischievous:

Saved T2 33.8 ..best T2 33.6 :irked: but I'm within my target range now ... just less than a second behind Ron, with more to shave off ;) :mischievous:

Woo!!! T2: 33.761! I can't go much faster through that part, i've got to improve on the remainder of the lap...

My best t2 is 33.305, but i couldn't maintain it. not sure i'll be able to improve by the deadline.

not counting the .4 i'm down from mr p and holland, i figure there's aprox. .3-.4 to make up from my current best full time, so .65-.8 i need to make up to get my current possible best. i'll be happy with .3 though.

nice T2 T ;) i've only run in the 32 region for T2 about 5 times ( averaging 33.0-33.2 ) u are doing awesome man :thumb , just keep at it :cool:

laters:)

my best for today was a 33.8XX, which was up from a 34.4XX when i first gave it a whirl the other night. Props to you guys gettin down in the 32's :eek:

From a 34.876, now down to a 34.242.
So far I've shaved 2.1XX seconds from both my first T2 to my latest T2 time and my overall time. I like my improvement :)

I was listening to the radio and I switched back to the game sound and I went quicker. I suppose it was because of knowing where the rev-limiter was and not bouncing all that much...

Heh. I still have to give this one a good flogging on Friday arvo to get my best times. I'm hoping for maybe a mid 33 at best :D

.32xx in a arcade supra B*llocks that car sucks it handles like a shed,the gears are way to high.A time of .32xxx in a 903 bhp modded one from your own garage so which one are you people
really using.I ghosted a 903 bhp to the .32xxx time then tried to match it with the arcade version no chance.The speed you need
over the start finsh line is much faster and the 903 bhp supra is like out of site at the first tunnel.Come on which one are you people really using 903 bhp Or the 496 bhp???????

You have to use the Arcade Car. 32.xx is the T2 TIME! Get it! T2 That means that it is only like a checkpoint. The full lap time is more than double that.... ;)

Originally posted by akindness
.32xx in a arcade supra B*llocks that car sucks it handles like a shed,the gears are way to high.A time of .32xxx in a 903 bhp modded one from your own garage so which one are you people
really using.I ghosted a 903 bhp to the .32xxx time then tried to match it with the arcade version no chance.The speed you need
over the start finsh line is much faster and the 903 bhp supra is like out of site at the first tunnel.Come on which one are you people really using 903 bhp Or the 496 bhp???????

32 sec T2's are possible in the arcade Castrol! no-one is using the full modded Castrol :confused:

Originally posted by akindness

:rolleyes:

Well, where you at then???????

You want in on this or what? Bring it on meat.:mischievous:

He skipped through the whole thread and missed the other question about the times.

akindness - don't worry if you can't match these guys, 32.xxx is very very fast and only the very best will reach that. A good competant driver after some practice will get down into the 33s but 32s are for the SuperTalented Few.

My best lap so far was with a 33.809, but I have done the T2 split quicker than that before brushing a wall and aborting. I need more practice, better eyesight, quicker reactions and a return to youthfulness....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back