Weekly Race Series, Week 1 - Supraman!!!

• Thread starter boombexus
  • 319 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
my best so far is 34.304 but my fastest lap was of a 34.792 rrrrggg

EDIT the more i look at my avatar the more i like it:D :D

ARG....i tried for 24 freaking laps tonight and i could NOT improve on my best time....after lap 24 it took all the energy i had left just NOT to throw the controller against the TV screen.....haha...sooo i'll to give it a break till tomorrow :mad:

Car number 1= Tommy-Kiara ZZII Car Number 2= Aston Martin DB7 GT Car Number 3= Speed 12 Next G-STRINGS!!!!!(thongs 2 americans...hehe.....jandals)

Viper Maniac that is no milk

I hate the Supra. :irked: Best T1 = 15.3xx Best T2 = 34.035 Will submit my time. I can't seem to go any faster than that!

I hate the Supra and the track now. I tried and tried and only lowered my total time 0.06X. But any gain is a good gain.

Yeh. The only bad gain is a loss. I wonder who'll get the fastest time out of everyone here? All the Pro guys seem really close together.

Originally posted by HRT_Maloo
0.073 seconds off the 32 second mark:mad:

Its actually 0.079 seconds off. Not much af a difference, maybe a 5cm gap difference which isnt much at 180kmh +. I think Ill give up at 33.079. Its too anoying trying to beat that ****ing time. Actually, I might have one last go tomorrow

Technically, wouldn't it be 80 seconds? 33.079 - .079 = 33.000

;) :P

Yeah it would be, but if I said that, people would have thought that I was on 33.080 and got confused so its just easier:)

do you people think its easier to race with the ghost or without it.My ghost car was on a T2 33.780 i was a bit ahead but looked in the mirror to see how far ahead i was when i clipped the entrance in to the third tunnel.:banghead this was looking like my quickest time yet.

Well, I'm through trying on this week. I'm not real happy with my time,but I'll never get a perfect run all the way through without touching the wall somewhere. It's wierd because If I have a T2 time of 34.000 I usually turn in a faster lap than when I get down in the 33.5's or 33.6's...my 2nd best lap had a T2 34.0XX, my best lap has a T2 of 33.6XX but I only improved my total lap time by about .030 sec., when I know I could have beaten it by .300 instead,it is extremly aggravating!

On an interesting sidenote, did you know after I ran 75 continuos laps in free run THE OIL LIGHT CAME ON?? So who knows how many laps I was trying to beat my best time with an underpowered car! I'll never do more than 25 laps in free run from now on:irked:

Originally posted by akindness
do you people think its easier to race with the ghost or without it.My ghost car was on a T2 33.780 i was a bit ahead but looked in the mirror to see how far ahead i was when i clipped the entrance in to the third tunnel.:banghead this was looking like my quickest time yet.

I almost always run with the ghost, but NEVER EVER LOOK BACK AT IT! I drive from the behind car view, and as long as I can't see the ghost right behind me I know I'm doing better. You've learned your lesson now, methinks.:D

This will probably be my last attempt tonight ..
I would prefer to go right to the wire as im sure i could shave off quite a bit of time but times not on my side at the mo ..
Im off to Edinburgh to see Amon Tobin Live should be a good night and i hope i don't get wasted like the last time i went there ..But thats a different story :)

@ Boom Expect my time Submitted Tommorow sometime...:)

Well time to turn a few laps in the chance that i can improve my time before i hit the road ..

So in running this, we've had guys in the low 33 range and other in the high 34's and beyond. What I'm currently standing in the 33.Hi! range.

To help me out a bit, I'd need some pointers on what gears I should be in at what times. Notes about Braking points, and turn-in points.

For my runs, I've been braking considerably earlier than I think I need to coming up to the first tunnel. Through the tunnel in 3rd gear, up to fourth at the peak of hte small hill. All the way over to the left, and down to second before the apex. A minor second before the Rock outcropping apex (Right hander) I'm back into third full on the gas. Up to fourht before the next corner (right hander) and holding fourht into the second tunnel. I've had minimal luck holding fourth through that corner (left hander) between the two tunnels. Up to 5th across the long back stretch. I've had a bit of luck breaking the backend loose at the green monster to aid in the corner speed. Up the hill, to fourht at the peak, hard on the brakes, down to 2nd, and getting right up on the rumble strip for the corner. This corner is one that I think can be taken in 3rd gear. over the T3 Marker, and down the hill to the last hairpin. Can this be taken in 3rd gear with out washing into the grass on the exit? I usually twist the freejack chicane in 5th gear, and sail over the finish line.

Can some of the really fast guys and gals give me some pointers?

Thanks,

AO

I'm done here i think:mischievous:

can see a slight bit more but not much ! i'll settle for a close 2nd to MIH :P

currently running torc 9 in GTconcept ;) pretty good too :cool:
i'll be back for race 2 :mischievous:

i'll submit my time and replay later today :) laters all :thumb

if anyone wishes ! i will send my lap to Daan to be Mpeg and make it viewable to people without xport :cool:

if he's up for it :D

Please! I'd love to see it. Need all the pointers I can get.

Thanks,

AO

i've got a downloadable version of the xport that can use the shark port disc, but pal games won't work. i've always wondered if pal is the reason british shows always seem to look like they were shot with a home video camera when shown in the us. Though, bbcamerica seems to not do that.

yep we're all prehistoric over here :odd:

only last week some guy tried introducing a circular wheel :eek: it'll never catch on i tell ya UG! UG! :mischievous:

Originally posted by Der Alta
Please! I'd love to see it. Need all the pointers I can get.

Thanks,

AO

hope it helps man ;)

shame it cant be posted until after deadline though :P :D

Prehistoric? I think Lotus would know whether you are or not. Should I ask her?

The lazarus pit has helped you in gameskill nicely.

btw, i don't know who methusila is, but i've heard of the name. if it's biblical, well, i'm agnostic, so me ignowaaaant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back