Weekly Race Series, Week 3 - Vertigoooo

• Thread starter boombexus
  • 515 comments
Well I just did it.

A sub 46.5 t2.

Thats right. a 46.322.

It also yeilded a new best lap.

All this with only a few hours to spare.

Does anyone want settings...

They are what made it possible.

springs- 6.5/8.0
R.H.- 73/74
Bound- 9/9
Rebound- 9/9
Camber- 2.1/1.1
Toe- (-2.0)/0.0
Stabilizers- 6/6
Brakes- 15/15
LSD- 5/5/5
Tranny- special... 29 with a custom 6th gear at .985
D.F.- Max
ASM- 0
TCS- 3

These are the best settings for me, but maybe not you.

I loved them and saved them to my car.

Hope some of you guys try them out...

Especially if your suffering from jumping off curbs or too much oversteer.

Thanks for your time and good luck.

Oh yea. I still wanna say thanks to RER for getting me started with the setting tuning.

Had some spare time to run some more laps
Broke the barrier that i set myself 3tenths off my best but the replay reavealed a minor wall touch on the third turn after T1 it was'nt to be
Im glad i managed to break the barrier even if it was'nt clean
Oh well at least i got a good ghost to race my Denso against :)
fly.gif
this is a cool we geezer :lol:

Thanks again to all that helped me out on this one and good luck

Halleluiah!!! I dont know what got into me, but I finally managed to pull a respectable time w/ a new t2 of 46.5!!! And im spent....theres no way i'll be gettin anything better than that, but I can live w/ it :) All I can say is I can not wait to see some of these pro's replays. Mine looks crazy enough and its slow compared to some of these times the pros are pullin. Good luck to everyone and see ya at the finish line!

Now Max, I went over to Racing-Line, and a 1:04.9 is possible, okay, so give me a break. Also, I noticed that you, Max, got a 1:05 with the Denso Supra at Rome.

I don't want any flaming over this, alright?

But then of course max will come in with his 'sandstorm and his rugged car' point. I've never seen SandStorm (John bro :)) say his car was rugged. If someone will just point me where exactly he said that, I'll be happy. :)

ragged- a GT term for a car that has past it's maximum HP and dropped down to a lower final hp like 743.

and sandstorm. i try to be cool and all but when people insult my intelligence, or try to pull one over on me, i'm not the nice helpful man i've endeavored to be in this comp.

I think that the key to this is knowing that you (each of us as individuals) know that what you post is either honest or not.

The only way to prove the truth of our times is with replays.

If we can't supply our replay then we must deal with the fact that we can't fight anything others say.

If you put an honest time and someone beats you, just be glad you were honest.

If your a liar, shame on you...

Of course, I dont really care.

I think that keeping up with the group honestly out weighs any lead you may keep when lying.

Fact is, when you race and lose to your buddies, you arent gonna be cool and on the boards here, being a good person in your post is more important than being fast.

Like I said before when getting into an argument with someone (who I am cool with now) I mentioned that even if they put down the fastest time here, they would still have no respect from me.

If you want my respect you've got to earn it with the person you are and your post, not the amazing times you post.

But hey, we can also just judge people on their consistancy.

I mean, top 5 one race and bottom five when we qualify doesnt make for a good scenerio.

Well in that case auto 1 why dont you just wait it out and see how you place.

We arent really at liberty to talk about those times.

It makes for easy cheating.

But if you PM me your time I will send you mine.

well, gonna kick some peeps off my PS2 now and put in some times see if I can beat what I gotz
see you inan hour and 12 minutes

Originally posted by Max E.
and sandstorm. i try to be cool and all but when people insult my intelligence,
Have I done that? If so, I apologise.
or try to pull one over on me, i'm not the nice helpful man i've endeavored to be in this comp.
I've never pulled one over on anybody in this competition, especially you. You're one of the best racers I've ever seen, and I've got a hell of a lot of respect for you.

you know, wanna talk about luck
I am going to run my session tonight and guess what. The damn car dropped in HP, Now I have to break this thing in in less then 45 minutes and run a better time then what I got. This is going to be formely known as "THE SUCK!"

Originally posted by Max E.
ragged- a GT term for a car that has past it's maximum HP and dropped down to a lower final hp like 743.

and sandstorm. i try to be cool and all but when people insult my intelligence, or try to pull one over on me, i'm not the nice helpful man i've endeavored to be in this comp.
I could run the race again and see what time I get, will that suit you?

Rob, I'm going to give you a result I got the other night. It might not be enough to win, but it will stop the speculation against me. Okay?

you know, wanna talk about luck
I am going to run my session tonight and guess what. The damn car dropped in HP, Now I have to break this thing in in less then 45 minutes and run a better time then what I got. This is going to be formely known as "THE SUCK!"

Well, with 16hp to go for full power, I am .018 behind my best time, I see a high possiblity of a 1'05 if I can get her up in power and going in 12 minutes. Come on time be my friend tonight :)

Tell ya what, just buy a new one, it's a helluva lot easier than trying (and failing) to get your other one up to better speed. And once you're done with it, you can sell it.

Originally posted by SandStorm
Rob, I'm going to give you a result I got the other night. It might not be enough to win, but it will stop the speculation against me. Okay?

John, please just send me the info that I requested and if it all checks out, then that will be the only way to stop the so called specultaion against you.

Back