Weekly Race Series, Week 3 - Vertigoooo

• Thread starter boombexus
  • 515 comments
i dont have an xport or whatever it is to convert to a game file for me so thanks for the offer . I will save the email and if i get one i will be in contact tks a bunch stevo

@talentless- i'm slowing down to right around 100mph in the first part of the big double lefty, sliding a bit, then punching it through the second part of the turn. just when i'm passing the apex, i'm around 115mph

Whats surprised me is i,ve not bounced my DS2 off walls in a fit when things have gone bad during racing

Cmon people i know im not the only one who does this :lol::P

I've grown to like this car great wee machine

what's really blowing me away is how unbelievably this weekly race forum has taken off. it was started 3 weeks ago and already has over 1400 posts in 19 days!!! :boggled::boggled::boggled:

that's 75 a day! astounding. i've never seen anything like it in all my days.

I have a couple of things to talk about.

Well actually two.

One is the fact that I have a secret... settings from a new person whom will not be revealed.
And one more day to try them.

Two, a suggestion.

I would like to suggest a pick for the 4th week.

Notice that the qualifier was an evo.
The first week was a supra.
Second was a vette.
Third was the current vertigo.

Notice that those make for a 4wd, and 3 fr.

I suggest we use a MR car like a nsx...

Oh but wait.

Keeping with the idea of increased difficulty... I believe we should try something bigger and faster.

Maybe a prototype car?!

Nah...

I like gt cars for now... Its too early for protos.

So what about something like the zonda race car.

That would be perfect.

Gt sports car, MR, and a track that can take advantage of both of those facts, maybe grand valley or something.

Oh wait, grand valley is too big. Maybe something a bit shorter... but only a little.

Maybe...

Oh shiiii, I just thought of it, another first.

A great way to sort out the good drivers at heart from the ones with lots of practice...

Thats right, a reverse track.

Lets just think about that.

Just wanted to throw that into the air.

So let me hear what you guys think... No, forget that idea, this is no democracy...

Let me hear what the great leader boom bexus thinks.

Thanks for the read...

I kinda agree with GoKents, but I think there should be something a little more challenging. We are really going to see something this week with the fact that we are tuning, but I don't think a super fast car is really the solution for difficulty. FF, MR., 4wd, FR it doesn't matter. What matters is that we progressively gotten faster. Let us slow it down a bit here. Let us take a Silvia, 350Z, Spoon S2000 (non-racing) or even drop it down another nock and go with a Class C car. This will show that there is no margin for error and a flawless run is needed to win. I have been talking with Max a lot and he has opened my eyes to somethings in the past few days that I have gotten to know him. I am not at liberty to discuss anything right now, but the man has a passion that everyone of us should feel. I know you guys in the Pro class definately feel it, and a number of Amateurs feel it too. As for us in the beginners class I see a few of us want to have the skill and doing what we can to earn it too. Before this race is over, I want to congratulate those that are ACTUALLY putting the effort in. It is not whether we win or lose it is the commitment we put forth. I just want to thank everyone that is participating in this and to thank Boom for keeping this together. As it stands, I feel next week we should challenge our skills with each and everyone's weakness. Maybe we should look at this aspect of each and everyone of us and write them down. I would be willing for everyone to PM me or whatever with their weaknesses and strengths and put something together with Boom if everyone is willing to do that. I figure the point of this series is for everyone to improve, not show off, not say we are the best, not to beat each other, but to beat ourselves and push it beyond the limits. Then we take what we learn here and apply that to the next challenge. Maybe we'll even set a record or two in the process! That is my 2 cents.

Sounds like a good idea, but i want an FF car...

Originally posted by Max E.
:rolleyes: guess you're going to ride this one all the way in eh sandstorm?:rolleyes:

i suppose now that i've tipped you off to the folly of your impossible claim that your last T2 was done with a ragged out car that you are now driving a fresh one?
Uh-huh. And what's with the :rolleyes:?

Originally posted by lotus350
hahaha.gif

att.gif
:middlefinger:

Originally posted by lotus350
thefinger.gif

LMFAOWROFLTD :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I have a feeling this is going to get ugly, if so, might I remark to possibly take this to another thread please. BTwe finished racing tonight, still have not broken the 45s yet, but getting so close. Now only if I can put it all together with no touches. dag namit

There is a God after all.....for the hell of it i tried Pedrodaman's setup of Max E's and Daan's setup together, and on the very first lap I ran i went from a best of 47 t2 to a 46.8 T2! So thanks to all 3 of you! hehe. I even had a few as low as 46.3, but I bounced off a couple walls, so the lap was void, but im thinkin i can at least pull off a 46.6 if i stick w/ it. I thought i was done w/ this but ive been given new hope, looks like i'll be ridin this one all the way to the deadline...hehe. I keep tellin myself ive had enough, yet, i continue to go back and play...its like crack or somthing! just cant shake it!

i think a ff car would be cool for the next race. maybe a choice of 3 or 4 evenly matched cars with full tuning? or maybe a rally race?anyhow we will see boom will make a great choice im sure.:)

Back