Weekly Race Series, Week 4 - Knights of the Night.

• Thread starter boombexus
  • 190 comments
Just a wee note to say I can't do this race. I've got a job interview on monday morning and I'll have to use the weekend (when I was gonna be racing) to prepare for it.

So good luck racing to everyone and I'll see you next week.

I too can't race this one:(

I have some important exams at school next week, and it requires a little more studying than i thought it would.

But i will be present for the next one. Nothing will stop me then. Not even a Monaco Race:mischievous:

I'm in finally,. had a chance to spin a few this morning,. saw a 1'10.1xx in fre run and spun a few in the race, ended up seeing a 1'16.4xx first lap,.. but have no consistancy yet...

I'm runnin close to Mr. P's set-up, but with softer springs.

Well, Finally broke out of the 1'18s on the first lap and had some consitent 2nd lap, but during a great run where I think I was going to beat where I currently was, my girlfriend has to touch my pockets looking for a lighter and sent me straight to the junkyard with a wall collision at 110 mph.

Originally posted by miata13B
My girlfriend has to touch my pockets looking for a lighter and sent me straight to the junkyard with a wall collision at 110 mph.

If she's too much of a distraction, just send her round here. But only when Mrs Wastegate is out. :D

I starting running some races and am finding stringing three good laps together without goofing anywhere somewhat of a strain. My best lap is now 1'09.951 but my next one in that run was only a 1'11.xxx. I guess it was the shock of the quick time flashing up as no-one was rummaging in my pockets :(

Settings as before except I'm now running TCS 1 to help get off the line.

whooee.....did a lotta racing today. Finally got my settings nailed I think. Im down in the high 1'10's more often now, and even pulled off a 1'10.6 in a race...cept the other 2 laps were crap. Ive got a pretty good time right now i think, but i know i can do better still. first laps im usually down in the low 1'17's, but i managed to pull off a 1'16.7 on one lap...probably a fluke. hehe. All in all tho im happy w/ my progress. when i first started racing this i figured my ultimate lap time i could hope to get was a 1'10.5, so getting a 1'10.6 (even tho it didnt count towards anything) still makes me happy. In case anyone wants em, heres the settings i ended up w/. they work pretty well for me, i make no promises for you tho. hehe. *Note* I started out w/ wastegates settings and worked from there, but i changed a lotta stuff, but i still thank wastegate for giving me a starting point!

7.8/17.8
75/80
8/10
8/10
2.5/1.0
2.0/1.0
7/5

brakes: 13/9
lsd: 5/5
5/5
5/20
DF: 1.00/1.25
tcs and asm: 0
vcd: 10%

When i still running free run, i noticed my hp was starting to go down already! I started out w/ a fresh car, so i went to look at the mileage and it was like 350 miles! That surprised me cuz it hasnt felt like ive raced that much...haha. plus i didnt think the HP would start to go down after only 350 miles... so i had to scrap that car and went w/ an older model i had w/ less miles on it. then i put another 150 miles on that thing. Thats about 500 miles ive done on this one race! I didnt even put that many miles on the vertigo in the last race and i felt like i raced a lot w/ that one. haha. how many miles have you guys put on so far?

i quit. not just the race but the whole thing. its not only that i dont like this game but it doesnt like me. being a person who never used to use brakes in racing games this game isnt about speed so screw it. laters.

Managed to have my first attempts at this little race today...only to find that I'm waaaaay of the pace :banghead: Will hopefully get time before the deadline to find a bit of an improvement but don't like my chances for this round. From memory had around 1:18.2's for my opening laps and mid to low 1:11's for my flyers...miles off :irked: Max :eek: those lap times are awsome mate! ;)

Hey boom, guys, gals ... I'm out for this week - too much school and stuff. It's sunday morning, and I still haven't taken the car out of the garage. Damn RL getting in the way of what's important! ;) I'll be back on next week, for sure.

Good luck, everyone.

Originally posted by Auto___1
i quit. not just the race but the whole thing. its not only that i dont like this game but it doesnt like me. being a person who never used to use brakes in racing games this game isnt about speed so screw it. laters.

Miles what are you a *****.......if ya dont wanna use brakes....buy NFS HP2......man so many pullouts....all thinking of bizzare excuses......hheheheh...joking...i had exams 2.....but i only did about 5 goes at it then handed my time in......

Ya know I had exams, along with work everyday of this weekend.

However, Im still turning in a time.

Im not gonna say anything about the people not turning in times because I know the audience of people is varied and many of the people abstaining have legitimate reasons. (none the less are racers who can kick my ass...M.I.H.)

However, I still feel the same way I did when I made the comments that lotus 350 qouted.

I guess I woulnt be turning in a great time, but atleast this makes for consistancy.

I mean, this is the sort of reason we should be thinking over the idea of points for a long run evaluation of skills.

If I was to not turn in my time, I would be able to retain the idea that I am a fast enough racer to compete with pro's and win my class.

Oh well, maybe I will ruin my ranking by turning in a time, but what ever...

Atleast Im still in the game.

Cool then, that means I'll come first in th beginner division?? :lol:

I'm home sick today so I'm doing some racing, got a 1:13.XXX pretty sure I can go lower though...

im most definently still in :cool: gonna go try me some more racin right now too. an earlier session yeilded less than desireable results, but my concentration wasnt fully in it. I know i can i get a better time yet and by god im gonna do it! All i have is tonight cuz i gotta work tomorrow so i doubt i'll feel like puttin in any last ditch efforts. but ive got tuesday and wednesday off so i'll probably use those days to get some work on the next race, whatever thats gonna be...cant wait!

AARRG!!!! I just pulled a 1'10.5 in a race...but the other 2 laps were CRAP!! Oh well...at least i reached my goal, im happy. hopefully i can actually put somthing good together in a race...and back i go!

sorry boom but i won't be submitting a time either. i thought i would have the time but in the end i did'nt, not to get a time anywhere near the one i'm capable of. i really do apologize to everybody for this week but i'm up to my ass in the GTL qualifying now and want to start the comp in the a-class where there's only room for six and i'm running against arco, jmr, speedster, etc... i'll be back for the next round as i'm essentially done with my qualifying (except for IA7 where i'm not too thrilled yet and won't be till i'm under 45 seconds). who knows? i just might be able to squeek a good run in tomorrow night right at the deadline but i'm not holding my breath with work and class (home at 10). anyways, good luck to all see ya tomorrow.

Well this is getting more dissapointing by the minute.

No one is competing anymore.

I suggest that everyone still in puts down the best time possible as to take a class lead based on the lack of competition.

Oh yea, I will be putting in my time to boom tomorrow after I get the quality racing that I have been waiting for.

I have finished work for the weekend and I will be done with school for the day tomorrow early in the mid day.

So tomorrow will be the day for my run... hopefully.

Oddly, I think my turn in time might have been made a while back with a run I made involving some low times for me but compared to others, still slow.

Atleast I am able to put down slow times due to the lack of competition.

Although I havent put all that much tme into it ( around 2 hrs) Ill have another go after my accounting h/w tonight

Well, I posted that had a save .... I lied , I never saved it coz it was slow so I've no save ...but don't worry I got a few free hours today ...enough to get a save, I'll still submit . Seems they're droping like flies in this one though :confused: must be the car :P

chickens :mischievous:

Not had much time to race this one either :(

Still have a time to submit not a great time though (but sod it
I will give it one last stab ..

A lot of racers have dropped out of this one why the FTO is a great car :P

Just threw together a race save ....2nd attempt

1'18.7 I think
1'11.7
lap 3 not worth mentioning :embarrassed:

Hey boom,.. how about instituting a points scheme of some-kind. This might keep people a little more dedicated.

I've had about 1.5 hours this week to run, but it's 1.5 more hours than I had last week,.... so, I have a time, I'm submitting it. It's not the winner,... but it's a time 👍

I've completed one clean race so far,.... fast lap was a 10.2xx

I'm still in, Just haven't been around to post anything. I must say I thought I was doing real bad, but I believe my outcome for the race will be average, nothing great, nothing too bad. I wish I had a little more time. I mssed out on the groove I was on during Saturday :( I probably would have made a lap around 1'10.6 or .5 but I got distracted from the PS2 and when I got back to it, the groove was gone. Gonna give it one more shot tonight if I can fit it in to the busy schedule I have.

Originally posted by Auto___1
You know it is attitudes like this that show the true weakness of society today. Just because something is not working out the way it should does not mean anyone should give up. I understand that you are a full blown accelerator Auto 1. That is fine, but maybe you should try to gear yourself to use the racetrack to your advantage. With that statement I would say you are a drag racing fan. But the key to a car race is never won on the straight. It is won on the turns. Ask anyone here. Ask anyone racecar driver. You might find that you enjoy the turns and speed that you can obtain if you work on it. That is my 2 cents.

i was gonna try and end it last night, but im still not happy w/ my time so im gonna have to give it one last go tonight after i get off work. I think i mustve put at least 750 miles into this race so far...haha

Hi Guys (& Gal):
:D Been down w/FLU most of the week so haven't been able to drive much, but have been keeping track of YOUR progress here. (GT3 not too good for relieving already present headache w/blurred vision!!!) Got back into it a little this morning.

QUESTION:
I can't get below 1'11.000 w/AT & Wheel. Any of you doing any better w/this set-up??? Thanx in advance...UB57
:D

Back