Weekly Race Series, Week - 8, Rally round the family.

• Thread starter boombexus
  • 177 comments
Took my TCS off and got a new T2 of 1'01.276 but was .6 behind my fastest by the finish line :banghead:

Also shortened my gears a little ;)

damn, looks like ive got some work to do, 1'00.1 t2's?? good lord. back i go. i'll have to try out lotus's setup

I ran those splits with TCS and ASM off and basically stock settings. All I did was shorten the gear ratio, max out the down force and reduce the front lsd accel and initial just a smidge. I think it handles pretty good right out of the box. Hopefully I'll get a good seson in tonight, I want to get my T2 dwn to the 1:00.xxx range. A 59.xxx would be nice though I doubt I could do it. Someone will crack one off before it's over though.

tried lotus's setup (w/ a couple slight variations) and after a few laps pulled out a 1'02.7 ...so im makin improvemnts. i think its time to get my hands dirty now and start trying to tweak the settings to my own liking. dont know whats gonna do what since ive never really tried tuning a rally car before...but theres only one way to find out!

I may be doing this....just need the car......i found out that i actually was pretty good with the lower powered rally cars-Subaru, Mitsi in the time trials- but this higher powered beast should make it quite interesting.....yip im in!!

Originally posted by boombexus
It can also be won by running the "Passage to Colosseo" Endurance race. Make sure you use the "Save Trick" if you want to get the car this way. ;)

[

Can u do the save trick with an enduro or is he making fun of my inteligence....

wowee...ive made a lotta progress and i havent even felt like ive done that much yet. Went in, guessed at few things in the settings (started from lotus's settings) ran a few laps and pulled a new best t2 of 1'01.7 (a full second better than my previous t2 ) and i thought that was pretty phenominal so i exited out and saved the lap, then went back in and loaded up the ghost so i can start to see where i can start makin up some time, and the very first lap i ran i just beat the $#!t out of the ghost and got a new best t2 of 1'01.2!!! And it felt like nuthin too. i think w/ a little more tweaking of the settings and just overall more practice i'll be down in the 1'00's before this race is over (hopefully) even if its just a 1'00.9! haha. The key (to a good t2 time at least) is to keep as MUCH speed as possible around that long left hander right after the T1 time....you just gotta fly around that thing as fast as you can go.

::EDIT:: GRRR, i just pulled a 1'01.0 but just BARELY scraped the wall on the last exit right before the finish line :banghead: oh well, i know its there now, just need to tap into it again and not hit the wall this time...haha

Originally posted by davidjee
i've just discovered that there is an "ignore" option. this is great! :lol:

Hi davidjee :
:D Yeh, what a SUPER function eh??? Would you like a list of 7 or 8 others whose sole purpose in life seems to be clogging up threads they don't BEGIN to UNDERSTAND w/useless drivel ???...UB57
:D

Originally posted by UB57
Hi davidjee :
:D Yeh, what a SUPER function eh??? Would you like a list of 7 or 8 others whose sole purpose in life seems to be clogging up threads they don't BEGIN to UNDERSTAND w/useless drivel ???...UB57
:D

yes! please! :D

guys give auto__1 a break . . . 💡 I just defended him didn't I ??? :confused:

Alright, I have decided that I will put in a few laps for this series...

nothing big and no major efforts... I just wanna see how my rally skills are.

However, I want to ask if rally licenses seem easy to you guys?

I mean, I did the license with ease.

So what do you guys think, is it easier to meet the standard of "fast" with rally racing.

I also want to stress that I dont think rally sucks, I just think its not really what gt should be about...

I think gt should be about pure road blazing.

But hey, you guys love this rally stuff.

Originally posted by miata13B
guys give auto__1 a break . . . 💡 I just defended him didn't I ??? :confused:
sorry, i didn't mean to be rude in any way. it's just that i was so happy to learn about the ignore option... :rolleyes:

Originally posted by davidjee
sorry, i didn't mean to be rude in any way. it's just that i was so happy to learn about the ignore option... :rolleyes:
Don't even worry about it. That was in regards to something that you probably have no clue about. :)

grr...i had a 1'00.6 but of course i blew it! ive got a 1'00.9 on my best save right now...shes comin down slow but sure. i gotta work more for it now tho. still havent really done TOO much w/ the settings tho, still need to experiment w/ that a little bit

My computer hard drive and CD-RW went all ****ty a few days ago so we took it in and found out that the HDD had 'bad clusters' and the laser un the CD-RW was burnt out. So this computer was away being fixed, so I was unable to send in a time for the previous race. I'll do this one though. :)

Originally posted by Cobraboy
My computer hard drive and CD-RW went all ****ty a few days ago so we took it in and found out that the HDD had 'bad clusters'

yours too?? my hard drive crapped out on me a few nights ago too...my conclusion was a bad sector on the drive somewhere cuz i cant boot to anything anymore nor read anything from it. so im screwed. Were you able to save anything off of the drive? Cuz im pretty sure i wont be gettin anything off of mine, which truely blows :(

Yeah, we asked the guy to save some stuff, but my sister (who was talking on the phone) - forgot to ask him to recover the entire drive. Which means a hell of a lot of reinstallation - Printer, scanner, MD software, Digital Camer software, Yahoo, MSN + heaps more. Damn...

yeah...im gonna lose a lot of crap i wont easily be able to get back..a lotta programs and games and stuff i dont even have disks for anymore, not to mention the 5 gigs of downloaded music i had....grrr

haha, no really, 5 gigs of music.....i keep my "other" music off the computer on disks, so at least thats safe....hahaha

Originally posted by quattro_bro
With a pocket full of shells.
There you go Boom. ;)

LOL, I was wondering if anyone was gonna link that one together. :D Nice work QB! ;)

@GoKents, I think the Rally Licenses have set a rather low bar. I found them extremely easy to pass. Probably meant to be in my opinion, as GT is and should be about road racing. But hey, I have to appeal to the masses right. I'm kinda a democracy. :D

Alright, once I find some time here, I'll get some T2's and settings up. See ya soon.

DIRTY! :mischievous:

New best T2 of 59.926, but a half-spin at the next turn blew the lap.

I've been fiddling with the settings to get a lower lap time, but all the time I've found has been in the 3rd and 4th sectors. I've never really setup a rally car before and it's a learning process for me. Every time a find something for the dirt, it messes up the handling on the tarmac section, and vice-versa.

In regards to UB57's question a few posts back, would anyone be opposed to disscussing T1, T2, and T3 times?

I have no issue with it, but I would like to get the rest of your opinions on the matter.

Thanks,

Boom

I have no problems with discussing T1 and T3 times. If the aim of this series is to help all drivers improve, this will surely help, by letting people know where they're quick and where they're slow.

I think T times are great it gives us a bar to reach for and shows which sections are not quite up to par. I am always off the pace but it is a help, and I try to see how close I can get to the T times of others in my class (beginner) Its funny I have been playing this game forever and I am still a beginner LOL. I always thought I kicked butt till I started on this site and became humbled by all of you.:D :) ;) :mad:

Originally posted by boombexus
In regards to UB57's question a few posts back, would anyone be opposed to disscussing T1, T2, and T3 times?

I have no issue with it, but I would like to get the rest of your opinions on the matter.

Thanks,

Boom

I've no problem with it, in fact here's my sectors from by best clean save so far... :)

T1 - 33.562 have had 33.2 no better
T2 - 1'01.474
T3- 1'23.934

Wastegate! you hit the 59 👍 nice one! I doubt I'll get anywhere near that as my best T2 so far is a miserly 1'01.2 and I got nowhere with the rest of the lap :irked: But I would like to see where I'm losing out .

I have a feeling it's right where IDAFC21 mentioned ...that bend is pretty crucial .

Back