Welcome to a new GTPlanet!

• Thread starter Jordan
  • 250 comments
Fellow web designers will appreciate a heavily CSS-based design, and the new layout on the main site was created without the use of tables.
I hope Sage doesn't wet himself ;)!

The site looks fantastic! Do I spy stock icons? I look foward to seeing how the rest of this update will pan out, well done! :)👍

Lovely! Nice work 👍

I particularly like the new rating system for posters, well thought out and should be a real bonus for the site...

... and new bigger avatars too!! :dopey:

The new current events forum is a good idea too, although I am intrigued to see what these 'special plans' for the forum are...

Well done, and keep up the great work...:)

daan
I have no ads.

That's because you're in the Super-Clobberator usergroup...

Awwww, man. I'm going to have to buy a new mug, t-shirt and thong now...

Jordan, thanks for taking all this time to upgrade the site. I thought the old GTP was perfect and needed no improvement, but you proved me wrong. This is outstanding. Plus the Premium benefits are great, too. :D

Also, you misspelled "dose" on the last feature. ;)

Looking good Jordan - i thought i'd clicked on the wrong bookmark when came here today! - i suppose it will take some getting used to.

As a none premium member i don't get any ads?!?

When i heard of the upgrade i thought my poor old OS9 G4 Mac would be taking a beating with this revision - but no, it seems to work quicker if anything!

Clean and fresh, with a nice sense of familiarity. Successful upgrade, congrats Jordan. Dunno why but I thought about GTP being akin to wine, getting better with age. :dopey: 👍

The new design is fantastic. The reputation system is a good addition; it'll encourage better grammar facier comments. Maybe. I've never been completely internet-literate so I probably won't get much use out of all the new features like the wiki, but I'm sure lots of people will, which is great. Now I wonder what GTP9 will be like...

Great work Jordan! 👍 Possibly the 3rd GTP transistion i've been through with the community and this was the smoothest, good job. Love the new design and all the lovely new features :)

Jordan,

Class work... love the CSS only job... much cleaner tidier and will save you a lot of work in the long run (a simple tweak here and there and you can change the entire site) You could also very easily introduce random themed themes... i.e. Christmas theme that put tinsel in places... then a simple removal of the christmas CSS would make it back to normal!!

One error I've spotted though... I get the ability to goto page 3 of this thread yet there are only enough posts for 2 pages. (I do get a nice error message though)

C.

EDIT : Hmmm error didn't happen this time... maybe it's something else. Ignore for now will recheck.

EDIT2 : Nope can't recreate error... however do have some script errors in IE!

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

jawdrop0ki.gif
Dood, Jordan... You're killing me! My new year's resolution was to get a life... I just got the will power to stay out of the Convo thread and now this! :dopey:

:lol: j/k Seriously, seeing this place this morning was like the day I picked up GT4, popped it in, and watched the intro... only like a bazzillion more times more jaw dropping, more stunning, more... speechless.
drool57li.gif

You've out done yourself once again... keep up the amazing work! 👍👍

edit: (first quick edit... oOohh I feel warm and fuzzy inside
drool57li.gif
) BTW, I can't say enough about your typography skills and simple cleanness of the site. wow, just wow.
tupanirev1wl.gif
way up!

edit: :scared: I can't help but not post right just so I can go in and use the quick edit. :D
drool57li.gif

edit: The attention to detail... the line under the user name, ****ing brilliant! GTP lite doesn't look much different either! 👍👍

edit: I can see this reputation feature getting really juvenile FAST, with that said I don't have a chance at getting to "quality" posts. :lol: If certain people do then this place has a problem and it's very "accurate". :dunce:

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Nice work. 👍

The new Moderator and Premium tags are just tempting enough for me to want to get premium... now if only I had a credit card. :lol:

Can't wait for the game guides and newsletter to go up. I know you said you weren't accepting applications for editors, but I'll work the photocopier! :dopey:

wow!!! this is 100 times more than i expected!!! great job Jordan and the ones who helped him!!! this is the most beutiful forum on the web!!!

Outstanding work as always, Jordan. Take a few months off before you start GTP9. :D

THIS IS VERY ****ING NICE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Too good work for Jordan, you rock the Planet :D

The only thing that is bad is that I cant see the number of post like I used to see on GTP Lite. But overall, ITS KILLA !!!

Looks great Jordan. Very clean. I'm looking to dive deep into the new moderation aspects. :)

Looks great Jordan, love it love love it!

jump_ace

RO_JA
Very nice! Quite different from GTP7. Refreshingly new!
We never saw GTP7. ;) The last one was GTP6. The 7th was scrapped because Jordan didn't like it.

Back