Welcome to a new GTPlanet!

• Thread starter Jordan
  • 250 comments
I love the main site because of it's pictures, I think I'm gonna go to the main site sometimes just to see the pictures there:dopey::) It's like having a new home it's awsome:tup::D

Jordan, great job! It looks great.

I also have the ads though.

Famine
Awwww, man. I'm going to have to buy a new mug, t-shirt and thong now...
And I was going to recommend an action shots option like Think Geek. You scared me off of that idea.

Diggin' the new layout Jordan! 👍
Especially the:

Though, I will admit I'm not a big proponent of how large the 'ad space' is under the last post in any of the threads!! 👎

I really thought they were sized appropriately in the previous version...Not to big...but not too small to be missed/overlooked...

Dood, come on people, stop with the ad complaining... at least it's out of the way and not like IGN or UCP where to view pic you get a WHOLE PAGE devoted to one ad and if you want to view it you have to find the "skip" button. This is the most considerate site I've seen with ads. Be thankful... Once in a while subscribe, it's nice and it's not that bad. I mean you get coffee, smokes, or a burger everyday for $4.00 (some of you anyway). :dopey:

The site looks awesome, Jordan 👍. But, I think you may have meant to say "hominess", not "homliness" :lol:. Unless you actually wanted the site to become homely.

GrandpaLonghair
The site looks awesome, Jordan 👍. But, I think you may have meant to say "hominess", not "homliness" :lol:. Unless you actually wanted the site to become homely.

I think homliness is what he meant.

GTP is after all, a second home to many of us. :)

I only knew the last GTP so this is a Huuuuuge improvement in the looks department. Looks very sleek and extremely professional!! Great work. Must have taken you months to get the look just right. Absolutley Brilliant:tup: ALL ROUND

Holy Crap it looks awsome! Great job Jordan!

And I TOTALLY called the current events forum thing. :sly:

Great job Jordan...looks awesome!! Worth much more than the yearly Premium membership cost!!

Want my opinion?

I think it is rather ugly and looks outdated. Why did we go from a pleasant, intimate, yet simple, look to this spacy boxy look? In some cases, we went from nice buttons to normal linked text? The entire post is two solid colours and nothing seperating them, whereas before, there was a clear difference between post text and the other things that came along with it.

And I don't like the amount of ads either. I don't think that's the right thing to do to those members who've been around for a long time and don't see the ethical purpose of paying for something that doesn't exist.

Now I better watch what I say, I might get a bad rep.. . .

One thing I noticed, it seems you can't quote using the quick reply feature, I was so hoping you'd allow that, I mean the check button is there, why not makt it useful?

eliseracer
Want my opinion?

I think it is rather ugly and looks outdated. Why did we go from a pleasant, intimate, yet simple, look to this spacy boxy look? In some cases, we went from nice buttons to normal linked text? The entire post is two solid colours and nothing seperating them, whereas before, there was a clear difference between post text and the other things that came along with it.

And I don't like the amount of ads either. I don't think that's the right thing to do to those members who've been around for a long time and don't see the ethical purpose of paying for something that doesn't exist.

Now I better watch what I say, I might get a bad rep.. . .

I don't find the ads obtrusive at all, seeing as they are placed as a minimal attachment to the last post in the page. I'd rather have this ad than have no site at all. I think it's a personal taste but I prefer minimalistic styling, which is why I went with GTP Lite during GTP7. The new default style in GTP8 combines the best of both worlds IMO.

Event
One thing I noticed, it seems you can't quote using the quick reply feature, I was so hoping you'd allow that, I mean the check button is there, why not makt it useful?
With the way vB uses quick reply, enabling the quote feature requires you to click on a post's "Quote" button before the quick reply feature even becomes available. It turns the very useful feature into a hassle. I didn't like that, and I didn't think anyone else would, either. :)

And theres an ad shoved in next to the first post and another along the top of every forum. They were fine before, but now they've more than doubled in size as well... What's next? Those stupid bloody keywords that link to ads?

I used GTP7 Lite and now I'm using GTP8 Lite. Both 8's seem way to sparse and unattractive for me.

For instance, why is all the text in each post double (or 1.5) spaced? It just stretches everything out even more.

Jordan
With the way vB uses quick reply, enabling the quote feature requires you to click on a post's "Quote" button before the quick reply feature even becomes available. It turns the very useful feature into a hassle. I didn't like that, and I didn't think anyone else would, either. :)
Well, I've seen some sites on the new vB that have a "Reply" button, where when you click it, the page jumps to quick reply and that is the message you'd quick reply to. The quick reply box would always be available, but it would only quote whatever message you hit "reply" for.

eliseracer
For instance, why is all the text in each post double (or 1.5) spaced? It just stretches everything out even more.

Presumably to make it easier to read, which I think it does.

eliseracer
And theres an ad shoved in next to the first post and another along the top of every forum. They were fine before, but now they've more than doubled in size as well... What's next? Those stupid bloody keywords that link to ads?

I used GTP7 Lite and now I'm using GTP8 Lite. Both 8's seem way to sparse and unattractive for me.

:odd: Sounds like your puter not GTP.

VIPFREAK
:odd: Sounds like your puter not GTP.

I don't think my computer changed settings overnight (specific to GTP), coinciding with the new GTP. If they have, where can I change this?

And the double spacing makes things clearer? So the entirety of the internet and almost every book or novel is unclear? I haven't had any problems with that sort of clarity since grade 2.

I beg that GTP7 be an option in the forum viewing skins. I beg.

Latest Posts

Back