Welcome to a new GTPlanet!

• Thread starter Jordan
  • 250 comments
TheWizard
:lol:

I am sorry, but I don't think that Jordan, after having worked on this new version for the past 10 months, is going to change everything back to the earlier version just for you.

It is just a matter of getting used to it.

The Wizard.

Yeah, I knew that. :rolleyes:

daan
What difference does that make in a conversation with someone? Do you respect someone with a higher post count more? Are all new members numpties?

Look to the right. The thread starter is there underneath the "thread starter" heading

Noticed the thread starter column, but that's not what my point was.

No, the higher post count doesn't bring respect. Knowing when people joined, brings respect (atleast pertaining to the GTP history). Post count just puts a number to the name.

toyomatt84
No, the higher post count doesn't bring respect. Knowing when people joined, brings respect (atleast pertaining to the GTP history). Post count just puts a number to the name.
I'd say it's bit of both. You could have joined years ago and not spend much time on gtplanet. But I agree with daan. Being a new member doesn't automatically mean that you don't know what you are talking about. :)

The new GTP looks great Jordan, I don't have anything more to say that hasn't been said already but I'm sure every member of GTP can appreciate the hardwork and effort put into the update by you.

I think Jordan should bring back the little earth logo. I mean it put the planet in the word gtplanet. Literally.

ND4SPD
I think Jordan should bring back the little earth logo. I mean it put the planet in the word gtplanet. Literally.

Yup. I like the old logo much better too. It's called gtplanet due to the fact, there is a planet. Maybe now the site can be renamed to gtrandomreddot.

That, and the text line spacing is the only thing that I don't really like. Apart from that everything is looking pretty slick. 👍

Really? People don’t like the extra line-spacing? I think it really adds to readability – especially in longer posts.

The one think that I’m not such a fan of, however, is the fact that lists are automatically a smaller font-size…

I prefer the old logo - but only so I don't have to buy a new mug.

Out of interest, where has the "Hybrids & Gameshark" forum gone to?

Now that I look at the logo more.... I kinda do see how the old logo looked better.... I liked the contemporary style of it with little circles making up the countries on the globe made it look quite sophisticated and powerful as if to seriously encompass the whole entire world of gran turismo.... I dunno, it seemed fine and would look just as great with the new look of GTP8....

Famine
Out of interest, where has the "Hybrids & Gameshark" forum gone to?
Here in the GT2 forum.

Ram-Rod
How do you get the quality post check mark under your name?
It tells you how to get it if you read Jordan's first post in this very thread. 💡

Looks great, yet familiar still:tup:

Sweet a couple of my pictures were used in the top banner ( red RS6 & Kenwood NSX:):dopey: 👍

Alright folks, I've had a long hard think about the logo situation. Reading James' insightful post brought back a lot of memories that I have from creating the planet logo. I can recall spending several days crafting it back in '04 - it took forever to reach a collection of dots that looked just right! James even found some new symbolism that I had never even considered (the drilled holes, of example). I was just under the assumption that nobody much cared for the icon - I can't recall ever getting a complement on it before. However, it really has turned into a brand identity, as symbol that we all see as a representation of this community.

I must also agree with a lot of the negative comments on the now-old "red dot" logo. The text looked fat, slow, staunch, and heavy - the exact opposite of this website (hopefully!). With that said, I have decided to return back to the original planet with slightly brighter and bolder text. I think the fact that it looks as brilliant as ever with this new style is a good indication of the logo's strength and aesthetics, and I'm sure that many of you will certainly agree. :)

(Click refresh if you still see the old "red dot" logo.)

I didn't have anything against the new logo, but now I see the old one back up there, I think this it's for the best. :)

You definitely made the right decision Jordan, the old logo was on the top of every page when I first visited GTPlanet and I've watched it ever since. It's a real artwork (the best things are always simple) and it deserves to stay. 👍

Adding to the talk about the logo, is the new style favicon going to stay?

I'm actually playing around with the favicon right now...

A favicon is a16x16 icon that appears on a site's tab in Firefox (and also shows next to the URL in the Address bar). In Internet Explorer, this icon is show next to the site name when you add a site to your Favorites List.

ND4SPD
Favicon? Can someone explain what that is?
It's a little icon that appears when you add a site to your Favourites list. The Favicon for the site is the icon for the Favourite. (Did that make sense).

The Favicon for GTP can be found here: www.gtplanet.net/favicon.ico

Generally (with IE) the Favicon will be there by default (in your Favourites list), but will disappear after a couple of days. PM me you want more info about how to get it to stay there...

ferrari_chris
It's a little icon that appears when you add a site to your Favourites list. The Favicon for the site is the icon for the Favourite. (Did that make sense).

The Favicon for GTP can be found here: www.gtplanet.net/favicon.ico

Generally (with IE) the Favicon will be there by default (in your Favourites list), but will disappear after a couple of days. PM me you want more info about how to get it to stay there...
Ah, Ok. Wouldn't need to put this site on my favourites list though...Its already my homepage.:sly:

If the Favicon is being fiddled with, will the "gt" logo in the Premium title be changed also?

Back