Welp, Nurburgring just got announced.

I also have an idea of starting a thread with a Nurburgring Vs theme to it where we put competitors against each other and see who wins and then have a leaderboard with overall times.

Last edited:
Is it just me, or was pgr4 just amazing for engine sounds? :eek:
It was really good at separating the sounds and using doppler effects to make far away cars sound far away, not just quieter. Forza 5 has improved in this respect over its predecessors but I don't think it's as good as PGR yet.

I'm no expect on whether the car sounds are accurate or not. It'd have to be really bad for me to notice (shall we say vacuum cleaner bad). I always liked the way the AMC Javelin AMX sounded in 4 and it seems to be the same in 5.

It was really good at separating the sounds and using doppler effects to make far away cars sound far away, not just quieter. Forza 5 has improved in this respect over its predecessors but I don't think it's as good as PGR yet.

I'm no expect on whether the car sounds are accurate or not. It'd have to be really bad for me to notice (shall we say vacuum cleaner bad). I always liked the way the AMC Javelin AMX sounded in 4 and it seems to be the same in 5.
Not just this, but pgr4 was very accurate on some cars, and it had a amazing sound effects e.g. The super loud popping exhausts on the toyota gt one and the turbo on the callaway sledgehammer *_*

It should be pretty accurate though because it is laser scanned.

I would hope so, just after the criticism the previous Forza Nurburgring's had for having giant curbs to deter cheating online it just made me wonder if, despite the laser scanning, they still went for big curbs.

I think someone needs to use the clutch lol

Actually I clutch in every time, and always before I pull the gear up/down paddle on my wheel. I have no idea why it crunches sometimes, it mainly seems to happen while downshifting. I have been wondering if it is something linked to the "slow" gear change animation, as when you change down more than one gear in quick succession; the animation becomes out of sync with the inputs. Whatever causes it, I never get transmission and/or engine damage; so I just get on with it and concentrate on my lap.

Just got 7:19 on my A-class 95 Cobra. This thing handles unexpectedly well, totally opposite of what I thought it would be. It does have major bite and you'll be feathering the majority of turns if your below third gear haha

It should be pretty accurate though because it is laser scanned.

I've been co-driving on the Nordschleife a few weeks ago and the instuctor said, he only uses/hits the curbs in 2 corners
around the whole track.
I think the height and impact to the car is absolutely accurate.

Search for "Touristenfahrten Nürburgring" on youtube ... funny thing is, I make the same mistakes in the game.

What I like most about this rendition is that it can easily go wrong very quickly and then you know why it's called The Green Hell. In previous games it was just too easy.:)

Try this one.

That worked and sounds really good. Still has a bit of "electronic" sound to it but that seems to be the norm for Forza 5. Also did you make it light flat grey to match my car? :lol:

So glad they FINALLY removed the vinyl top from the 69 Camaro. I hated that top in the 4 other Forza games.

That worked and sounds really good. Still has a bit of "electronic" sound to it but that seems to be the norm for Forza 5. Also did you make it light flat grey to match my car? :lol:

So glad they FINALLY removed the vinyl top from the 69 Camaro. I hated that top in the 4 other Forza games.

I used one of the flat special paints and just put vinyls over top of it.

Same thing I said, that vinyl top was getting old.

Just goes to show that even Forza has room for improvement on audio and that's a great thing.

Just goes to show that even Forza has room for improvement on audio and that's a great thing.
Yeah will be nice to see the improvements to the audio. They sounded great in F4 but seem to be hit and miss in F5.

I haven't looked yet but does F5 have the RS version of the 69 Camaro like it did in the other Forzas?

It sounds like the configuration is different than what's typically raced on?
The configuration in forza is never used. The 24h version and the ''type V'' which is used in VLN races are the only two configurations that I know of, and the Forza 5 ones don't match any of them. You guys should tell T10 so maybe they could fix it.

btw. could some of you guys post some videos of stock road cars with telemetry on, so we can compare it with the real life videos on youtube? Like the Viper SRT10 ACR, Nissan GTR, Corvette ZR1, etc. I would like to see that.

I think the track is very well made and is accuratetly recreated so they just need to put the correct endurance configurations to be complete.

Yeah will be nice to see the improvements to the audio. They sounded great in F4 but seem to be hit and miss in F5.

I haven't looked yet but does F5 have the RS version of the 69 Camaro like it did in the other Forzas?

You definitely shouldn't base the audio in 5 on Youtube videos, YouTube is pretty nasty to audio.

Last edited:
Back