Wet Weather Glitch in GT Sport Allows Rain on Any Track

IIRC GT6 had a glitch like this with Night and Rain on every track.
I think it was only time. If I can remember, you pick a track with a 24h time change. Then, switch to one of your Created Tracks. I think it only worked with the Eifel tracks.

This glitch could be useful to reveal future wet weather tracks with "unfinished" rain effects!

Judging by @Wytor Leal video above, Tokyo South is obviously in the works and I'd expect that to be the next wet addition.

Wytor did well to keep that car in a straight line, I never could!

Earlier in this thread, it's been mentioned that only Tokyo South and Northern Isle Speedway have any actual wet track development currently.

I just did a couple of laps at Circuit de la Sarthe (No Chicane) and it is great to see all the spray at the historic track.

However, the physics model cannot be deemed correct, which is understandable given the glitched access, as my TS050 Hybrid has virtually zero grip at 60kmh while on IM and W tyres.
I tried same car and same track and looks perfectly fine to me. Typical low grip of a wet surface, just like in the rest of tracks in the wet, no more no less.
Has anyone tried it on a dirt track yet?

Edit: There’s rain at Colorado Springs, Fisherman’s Cove and Sardegna Windmills!! :D
Yep, as long as I knew this glitch, I literally spent two hours trying all tracks :lol: dirt tracks phyisics dont change at all

Last edited:
I tried tokyo south in the rain with rain tire so there is grip unlike the other track where the grip is absolutely not! with the rain tires which proves that Tokyo South is well in preparation for the rain!

I tried tokyo south in the rain with rain tire so there is grip unlike the other track where the grip is absolutely not! with the rain tires which proves that Tokyo South is well in preparation for the rain!
Still waiting for a report on Willow Springs...
Tried all tracks, and all looked the same to me.
Grip is low, but considering its wet, its the normal thing...

Remember to put grip on wet track to "real" in the lobby settings.

The first question I would ask is "Is this worth patching?"

Like, really, aside from the graphics not being up to par, no one is being harmed by this. Yes, the tracks might look strange, being that they appear dry but are in fact wet, but other than that, it's really no big deal. If anything, I think it's better they leave it in and allow people to play with it.

Last edited:
Tried this last night and it is weird seeing super sunny tracks with Rain. Unsurprisingly, Both Tokyo Expressway South layouts appear to be the most complete looks wise (sans the surreal sight of rain coming through the tunnel, someone might want to fix that leak), everything else is just...odd. Willow Springs is probably the strangest sight to witness this, with the Hot Air Balloons just adding the Looney Toons amount of weirdness going on.

I also noticed the Grip reduction at both South configurations to be the most reasonable as well in comparison to the others, which only adds to my suspicion that they are next in line for the rain treatment while the others might be abit before they get the same treatment.

Still, the prespect of seeing how they all look when wet:

giphy.gif

Like, really, aside from the graphics not being up to par, no one is being harmed by this. Yes, the tracks might look strange, being that they appear dry but are in fact wet, but other than that, it's really no big deal. If anything, I think it's better the leave it in and allow people to play with it.

Totally with you, look at how happy it's making everyone! It seems a bit self defeating when developers rush to fix bugs that add to the enjoyment of the game, but I am sure they will patch it because PD want everything to be perfect.

Tried this last night and it is weird seeing super sunny tracks with Rain. Unsurprisingly, Both Tokyo Expressway South layouts appear to be the most complete looks wise (sans the surreal sight of rain coming through the tunnel, someone might want to fix that leak), everything else is just...odd. Willow Springs is probably the strangest sight to witness this, with the Hot Air Balloons just adding the Looney Toons amount of weirdness going on.

I also noticed the Grip reduction at both South configurations to be the most reasonable as well in comparison to the others, which only adds to my suspicion that they are next in line for the rain treatment while the others might be abit before they get the same treatment.

Still, the prespect of seeing how they all look when wet:

giphy.gif
Northern Isle also looks almost ready, the whole track is already wet and with reflections. Only missing the appropriate lighting and clouds. Probably because PD used the Infield Layout in a couple rally rain events in the campaign already.

A lot of people are wondering if and when this should be patched. Other than total exploits of the game, I remember when it was "cool" to find hidden things in games. This is not hurting anyone or their bottom line and most people are enjoying it so I hope they don't close the door on this.

Keith.

Northern Isle also looks almost ready, the whole track is already wet and with reflections. Only missing the appropriate lighting and clouds. Probably because PD used the Infield Layout in a couple rally rain events in the campaign already.

Pretty much. Technically its the first track with Wet Conditions, just that it was only accessible in one mode and one layout still unavailable to use outside of it.

It seems that every official rain condition on any of the official rainy tracks trigger the lobby glitch.

Really? So its not just Spa that this works with?

Like, really, aside from the graphics not being up to par, no one is being harmed by this. Yes, the tracks might look strange, being that they appear dry but are in fact wet, but other than that, it's really no big deal. If anything, I think it's better they leave it in and allow people to play with it.

Knowing how perfectionists the folks at PD are, surely they will release a patch fixing this. Even though it's cool to try Nordschleife in the rain and whatnot, which I have, it just lacks polishing in many ways and I would rather keep getting monthly rain updates than keep this unfinished (lighting, reflections and much more is just not there yet).

Is it actual rain as in beads of water on the windshield, wipers etc?
The screenshots just look like fog behind cars.

Back