What’s the one track or track section you just can never get right ?

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by SB100, Feb 15, 2020.

1. SB100

SB100

What is that one track or track section that you can never get right ?

For me it’s the first chicane at Monza ‍♂️

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
    ProjectF likes this.
  2. O604

O604

The 2nd turn at Maggiore. 2nd part of the S at the start.

In higher power cars always unsure what gear is best. In lower power cars always unsure of the best exit.

+ And Colorado Springs.

I suuuuuuck at it.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
    ProjectF, SB100 and zortation like this.
  3. Nuschel01

Nuschel01

Willow Springs :lol:

4. Sean YZF

Sean YZF

The S curves at Suzuka and the Mercedes area at the Nurburgring GP. I always lose time through those sections :banghead:

SB100 likes this.
  5. O604

O604

[​IMG]

6. zortation

zortation

The 90 degree chicane at the bottom of the hill at Yamagiwa. That track is always a late afternoon race in daily races and the sun reflects off the track at just the right amount of annoying. Very hard to judge the right entry point until it's almost too late (in cockpit view anyway).

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
  7. JTB10000

JTB10000

Dragon Trail Seaside chicane of course.

That turn on Saint-Croix A II after the longest straight.

Fisherman's Ranch

ProjectF, Supercededman and SB100 like this.
  8. CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Downhill Mt. Doom Australia

9. AlanH49

AlanH49

Dragon Trail and Nurburgring GP.

I’m allergic to chicanes!

SB100 likes this.
  10. LotusEvoraGTE

LotusEvoraGTE

A few that I can name off the top of my head include parts of the Nordschleife after the Karussell and before the long final straight, the final sector of Fuji and pretty much the majority of Catalunya.

ProjectF, Touring and SB100 like this.
  11. NevilleNobody

NevilleNobody

Two absolute hands down spots but for different reasons.

The cutting at Bathurst. If I go high I hit the wall on the outside, I go low and I am dog slow. Once every 10 laps I will nail it but I dont ever know why and I lose 7 tenths through there. And I am Australian.

My worst turn though is Spoon. I am just absolutely hopeless there, losing g a full 1.5 seconds by the end of the straight. I have no idea how to enter or exit, I have an idea of the apex but the rest absolutely baffles me.

12. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

Forest Elbow, Bathurst.

13. NevilleNobody

NevilleNobody

This one I like, this works for me anyway. Brake a touch early, just before the kerb on the right. Launch the car full throttle at the left kerb, then the right kerb and hammer it all the way to the hairpin. Entering too fast makes this impossible, much like the little awkward left chicanery thing later in the lap.

Yeah brutal. I can get it right sometimes but often I am either too slow or rub the wall, I find it way easier on rm tyres.

zortation and SB100 like this.
  14. TS050

TS050 Premium

Literally all of Bathurst

15. NevilleNobody

NevilleNobody

Believe it or not there is a flow and rhythm to bathurst, watch the 1,000km races as the cars are trickier to drive than the GT3's.

Supercededman, zortation and SB100 like this.
  16. LeGeNd-1

LeGeNd-1 Premium

Used to be so scared of Maggiore's esses before the backstraight and Interlagos T1, but after getting diamond at LH challenges I've learnt how to take them properly now.

My worst section is probably the triple right handers at Brands Hatch after the backstraight. Still losing gobs of time from LH there.

Willow is car dependent I find. As long as it's not an understeery car I'm fine. Goodwood also similar to this.

Alsace and all 3 St Croix layouts I'm relatively bad at, but that's more due to lack of practice due to how rarely those tracks get used online.

The exit of the 2nd mini Karussel is also tricky. Oddly I never had this problem back in GT5/6 and it's been worse since the understeer update.

Finally, Autopolis the quick downhill right hander just before the final twisty uphill sector. Can never find a consistent braking point/apex/line through there.

SB100 likes this.
  17. seadog777

seadog777 Premium

Not really the one, more like the worst one (for me) of several...... Nürburgring Nordschleife. My reactions just too slow!

ProjectF, Supercededman and SB100 like this.
  18. Sakinen

Sakinen

I agree. It's highly possible to brake either too soon or too late. The more powerful the car the more difficult to find the right brake point.

SB100 likes this.
  19. MaxAttack

MaxAttack

All of Suzuka,

Most of Interlagos

Nurb GP Sector 1

Are the ones that come to mind, but I struggle with a lot of places where a lot of kerb gets eaten.

SB100 and watto79 like this.
  20. Sakinen

Sakinen

@MaxAttack
    Nice avatar.
    The Champion without championship!
    One of the greatest ever!

:cheers:

Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
    SB100 and MaxAttack like this.
  21. SB100

SB100

A few more that have come to mind for me since I started the the post;

Nurburgring GP Sector 1
    Final few corners of Fuji :banghead:
    Most of Bathurst (Just like most people:lol:)

22. watto79

watto79

I'm noticing general themes here that are making me feel better about my worst sections! For me:

Downhill section of Bathurst
    First sector of Nurb GP
    Last chicane of Catalunya

The trick is to not go over the white line on the right hand side. The surface there is coated in oil or something. Go as wide as the line but not over it before cutting back to the apex and you can carry a surprising amount of speed through that corner and up the hill.

SB100 and MaxAttack like this.
  23. zuperkiwi

zuperkiwi

I have to say Spoon at Suzuka.

SB100 likes this.
  24. MaxAttack

MaxAttack

I agree it's hard, but I think it's skechy for everyone, so I only ever try and really push it in quali. In the race I just prioritise the final exit over all else. It's a time to be careful.
    Arrrrrrrrg I hate it. I've stopped spinning and overshooting T1 but still never have any pace here. Awkward in any car. Except maybe a Stratos.
    Just disrespect the hell out of it. First right hander prioritise getting to the right hand side over exit speed, then just abuse the hell out of the left-right. It is horrible, though.

SB100 and watto79 like this.
  25. Bivittavus88

Bivittavus88

• The second half of Spoon.
    • First sector of Nurb GP.
    • Forest elbow
    • First half of Dragon Trail Gardens
    • All of Interlagos
    • All of Nordschleife
    • Every single mm of the Tokyo layouts.

SB100, seadog777 and MaxAttack like this.
  26. NevilleNobody

NevilleNobody

NGP sector 1 coming up a lot. I really feel it's pretty straight forward until the last corner. T1 is a straight up regular corner that looks funny. Jump on the brake just before the kerb on the left and clip the apex, accellerate asap and move right. Clip apex on the left then theres the awkward left and right, hands down this is tricky. In a controller it's really hard given the understeer, I was way quicker through here with a wheel.

SB100 likes this.
  27. ThePotatoKing

ThePotatoKing

The first corner at Bathurst. For a seemingly simple corner, you can lose alot of time if you mess it up even a tiny bit and i happen to do just that 95 percent of the time.

Interlagos is hands down my worst track. No matter how much time i spend driving around that track, it's impossible to find a good pace. There's always a place where i will screw up whether it's the Senna S or the first chicane.

SB100 likes this.
  28. Touring

Touring

Last sector of Fuji. Don’t think I’ve ever taken the same line twice.

I used to love the less complicated layout (F?) available in previous games.

SB100 likes this.
  29. sturk0167

sturk0167

Most of the turns at Brands Hatch and Suzuka. :yuck:

SB100 likes this.
  30. KepleroGT

KepleroGT

Interlagos and Gr.3.
    Ok, that was a bit short, I might add in Sardegna and Saint Croix. And last sector of Fuji.

SB100 likes this.