What’s the one track or track section you just can never get right ?

• Thread starter SB100
  • 74 comments
With the conversation going on, more and more sectors from other tracks come up...:D
Brands Hatch, Fugi, Interlagos, Bathurst...
And I forgot: all of Nordschleife.

Turn 3 and 4 at Mount Panorama. It's pretty easy to hit the wall or get a track limit penalty if you are really pushing.

Basically all of Fuji Speedway, especially if it has the chicane after turn 10 (can't remember the names of the two layouts right now).

The twisty section around the middle of Interlagos, the two low-speed right-turn corners always screw me up a bit. Entry points are okay for me about half the time, but I can never seem to get the exit right on either of them unless I do about 10 laps first in whatever car I'm driving at the time.

Bathurst used to be a hard one for me, but honestly guys if you are stuck on any track just give the Circuit Experience a go, it may or may not help you but what's the harm in trying?

Finally, Autopolis the quick downhill right hander just before the final twisty uphill sector. Can never find a consistent braking point/apex/line through there.

The right hander, I'm good..it's the twisties I'm hanging on for dear life, I just know I'm doing too much to find the right gear or apex.

Last edited:
Since Formula One 2001 and any driving/racing game since, approaching Casio Triangle at Suzuki gives me the shakes, I imagine messing it up as soon as I exit Spoon.

Turn 14 of Yamagiwa forwards makes me foam at the mouth sometimes. With every other tight-angled corner, there's at least some straight section to prepare you for it beforehand. With turn 14, you're immediately thrown into it after the downhill right-hander that already doesn't hold a constant radius. This was the bane of my existence during last week as I simply couldn't find way to clear it fast enough in an FR car, or prevent myself from pivoting around the inner kerb in an MR car.

First corner at Brands Hatch, I'm hopelessly ridiculous at it.

Can't ever get the breaking point right two laps straight. Just go to conservative and you lose much speed you can't recover uphill to the hairpin, go too hot and you just understeer to the sandtrap run off due the weird off camber.

Don't get me wrong, it's a great corner, simply I suck at it.

Like most people, the exit of Spoon. I've tried early apex, late apex, mid corner apex... I'm always slow. :dunce:
Similarly, Warsteiner-Kurve at Nurb GP, I always turn in too early or don't brake enough when I turn in late.
Surtees at Brands is super tricky, I hate that you've practically got to turn in while braking.

What do you mean by "get right"?

I feel its more a psychology thing where you always seem slow or 'unsmooth' in a sector.

If you want to look at it from a GT Sport perspective... are you really "never quite right" if you can GOLD or even Diamond a track?

I'm reticient to talk about some corners as we have difficulty in sometimes imagining it in words.

FOr some odd reason I'm not too good out of 2nd Karrussel and the two right handers onto the main straight.

Also that easy full power right hander after Flugplatz... I mean F me for being upset after doing a full send aerial after that dab on the brake and downshift....

Hatzenbach used to upset me but I've getting into the 'Ring zen so a lot of it is trance like rote learning now.

Suzuka final chicane.

130R always seems to mess me up for some reason.

Bathurst final hairpin onto conrod.

I personally love the Interlagos, probably my favorite racetrack in GTS, the rhythm of it in Gr3 car makes me drive it with ease for hour-long race without problems or even going off wide once. Then, on the other hand, there is Nurburgring GP, I just can't put in 3 constant laps consecutively there, I become a bloody menace on track for everyone else, stopped playing that track in Daily races altogether, so everyone else can be at ease racing there. :D:D

First corner at Brands Hatch, I'm hopelessly ridiculous at it.

Can't ever get the breaking point right two laps straight. Just go to conservative and you lose much speed you can't recover uphill to the hairpin, go too hot and you just understeer to the sandtrap run off due the weird off camber.

Don't get me wrong, it's a great corner, simply I suck at it.

I manage ok with this one. At the top I brake /downshift while aiming the car to the far right of track, then usually the car will be in a safe enough position that I can power through to the next corner..if not, I hold back on the throttle until I think I can.

The one that gets me every single time is the left before the ascent to the hill--Surtees--I still haven't found a way to do it smoothly.

Last edited:
I'm mostly scared of not being able to run Trial Mountain and Deep Forest with the monkey. I can handle the lack of Midfield and Cape Ring, but no Trial Mountain and Deep Forest? Just feels wrong.

What do you mean by "get right"?

I feel its more a psychology thing where you always seem slow or 'unsmooth' in a sector.

If you want to look at it from a GT Sport perspective... are you really "never quite right" if you can GOLD or even Diamond a track?

I'm reticient to talk about some corners as we have difficulty in sometimes imagining it in words.

FOr some odd reason I'm not too good out of 2nd Karrussel and the two right handers onto the main straight.

Also that easy full power right hander after Flugplatz... I mean F me for being upset after doing a full send aerial after that dab on the brake and downshift....

Hatzenbach used to upset me but I've getting into the 'Ring zen so a lot of it is trance like rote learning now.

Suzuka final chicane.

130R always seems to mess me up for some reason.

Bathurst final hairpin onto conrod.
Basically what I mean is that one track or section that no matter how many times you go through it, you always mess it up and can just never figure out which line to take. But I do agree that a lot of it is definitely Psychological.

Any turn, anywhere with Tilke's name on it... One line wonders, all of them.
Thank god I am not the only one. I’m a die hard 60’s/70’s Formula 1 fan. So I know what a great circuit really is. The number of tracks he’s ruined, like Hockenheim. The new ones he’s designed, nothing but XL go kart tracks. No more high speed corners, just zig zagging around, Circuit of the Americas for example.

I have to day my biggest problems are:

Spoon. Seriously can not figure a fast line, even practicing with a guide I struggle.

Yamigawa. All of it. For no particular reason I can not find a consistent clean lap there.

Surtees at Brands Hatch. Such a spacing and timing corner that I have just not found
a solid consistency with.

St. Croix. Just get slaughtered there all the time. I always seem to be in the wrong place or line for all the corners.

The second half of Brands Hatch, after the short track split I can't seem to get. Especially in racing conditions under pressure.

Also used to be alright at the double rights @ Suzuka, between the end of the esses and the hairpin, but I guess I'm out of shape practice wise there cause I'm in the sand every other lap now! :boggled::lol:

Downhill Mt. Doom Australia
I'm an Aussie, Brought up on the legend of Bathurst and the many famous drivers. God, what a formidable track. In real life, the many international drivers who've raced it have attested to it's greatness.

Give me goosebumps every time I go over the top sections. And The Chase. My God, you need balls of steel there.

Turn 14 of Yamagiwa forwards makes me foam at the mouth sometimes. With every other tight-angled corner, there's at least some straight section to prepare you for it beforehand. With turn 14, you're immediately thrown into it after the downhill right-hander that already doesn't hold a constant radius. This was the bane of my existence during last week as I simply couldn't find way to clear it fast enough in an FR car, or prevent myself from pivoting around the inner kerb in an MR car.

Yeah that's tricky, and very car-dependant I find. I only know one way, go full acceleration while aiming right at the apex of turn 13 while braking/downshifting; then hopefully I'll be able to avoid driving on grass after 14.

Last edited:
Turn 3 and 4 at Mount Panorama. It's pretty easy to hit the wall or get a track limit penalty if you are really pushing.
That section of the track is known as The Cutting. Many people have binned it there.

Back