What’s the one track or track section you just can never get right ?

• Thread starter SB100
  • 74 comments
Lately its Nurb GP and I can't for the life of me work out why. I hit every line and braking point fine, but people I'm usually on pace with or faster pull away from me ever so gradually. 1 tenth here, 2 tenths there type stuff. Very frustrating. Compounded a bit by the recent FIA race on the 24hr layout where I'd lose time on the GP and gain it all back and then some on the Nordschleife.

Thank god I am not the only one. I’m a die hard 60’s/70’s Formula 1 fan. So I know what a great circuit really is. The number of tracks he’s ruined, like Hockenheim. The new ones he’s designed, nothing but XL go kart tracks. No more high speed corners, just zig zagging around, Circuit of the Americas for example.

I'm not a fan of his circuits by any means but I definitely don't think he ruined Hockenheim. The best part of the circuit by far is still there: the stadium section. What he really did wrong is a piss poor effort in the new section bypassing the forest. It's just a straight and hairpin. I think the real problem is the circuit owners just didn't preserve the old layout as there was nothing about it that necessitated its demolition to create the new layout, it exits and reenters exactly where the circuit is today.

Lately its Nurb GP and I can't for the life of me work out why. I hit every line and braking point fine, but people I'm usually on pace with or faster pull away from me ever so gradually. 1 tenth here, 2 tenths there type stuff. Very frustrating.

This was my best track, and by a margin, but the update maybe 6 or so months ago that tightened the rear end of the cars has really hurt me there. I cannot seem to find that sweet spot where the car wiggles a touch to help rotation and I am also finding it harder to lay on the gas on exit, waiting that bit longer than i used to.

I've always struggled with the sharp left that cuts out the Mercedes Arena section on Nurb24. Do you take T1 slower to widen the left's angle or do you run deep at T1 and take a tighter line around it?

A bunch, but the one that comes to mind that drives me nuts is Schlossgold on the Red Bull Ring.

Don´t know what it is. Can´t get it right.

Oh this one seems tough but isn't. Brake early, really early, as soon as you try and brake late you fall off the road or miss the apex. Don't run too wide as it is very slippery.

Red Bull Ring!!!!
I hate the layout and every turn. I just don’t drive or race there. Don’t see the attraction.
The last section on Fuji is a close second.
Seems pointless.
Love Brands Suzuka Lagos Seaside Tsukuba Panorama Laguna Seca Nurb GP
Autopolis maybe I’m forgetting one...

Spa: La Source
The big multi-radius apex at the bottom of the valley at Maggiore (T5 in standard GP configuration, I think)
T5 (hard right hander before the end of the 1st sector) at Dragon Trail Seaside

T1 Brands Hatch is a very complex corner. I believe it is fairly blind in some cars.... ie. on a start grid I remeber the car nose being in the air and you cant see where you're going.

Then T1 curves right but the camber is in an odd way where it exacerbates the fact that it looks like 3rd gear corner but is closer to 2nd. When you're setting yourself you cant easily see the apex on the right.

ALso its what I would call a "confidence corner'... if you get it right then you tend to get the next few right.

If you mess it up you tend to mess up the next couple.

Its like the first corner after Mountain Staight on Bathurst.

That one weird part at the end of Circuit de la Sarthe. Yeah, I'd probably be better at it if I didn't just know it as, "that one weird part at the end of Circuit de la Sarthe".

Back