What all new cars do you want to see in GT7?

• Thread starter iMatazzie
  • 2,462 comments
It's not going to be officially revealed till February 1st, but one of the cars from the new Cadillac Blackwing series (550HP+ V8 engine with a manual transmission) would be awesome. All the big v8 luxury cars in GT Sport (AMGs, Aston Martins, Jaguars, ect) are all the most enjoyable to drive in the game. I suspect this would be no different.

cadillacvseries04-1559567467.jpg

2021-cadillac-ct5-v-blackwing-spy-shots--photo-credits-baldauf-sb-medien_100749627_h.jpg

Last edited:
GT7 need more german cars. Audi RS, BMW M, Mercedes AMG... There are many cool cars that they aren't in GT Sport: RS4, M5, C 63 AMG, M1... In addition, i like to see spanish cars like Cupra Leon or SPANIA GTA.
A question: why my first message in this post (the car wish list) has been deleted? No really, i don't understand

Has this ever been in Gran Turismo? We had seen the Lister Storm in previous games would be nice to see a return to this newer game in some capacity.

1_0.jpg

I dislike the force field when using the SF19. The nose comes close to the rear of the car and the contact impedes the car. Can't get that extra bit closer, when making a pass.

PD really need to improve collision physics and damage if they're going to add more open wheelers. Right now they just behave exactly like regular cars, bumping into each other with no issue. It was OK in 2001, not so much in 2021.
Wings and wheels need to fall off when there's a major collision.

It's not "all new" and I haven't read the whole thread to see if anyone's put this up here.

We Aussies have the Ford XR8, but where're the Holdens?

I nominate:
A small selection of v8 Supercar Holdens
The VE SS Commodore 'cause it's the sweet spot (IMHO) of the modern Holden era. 6.2L LS2, 450bhp (the spec says 430 I think but in the real world it's roughly 450) and 530nm torque. 6-speed manual.

My brother bought one recently. He'd waited 12 years and it's been his dream car since it dropped around 2008 (IIRC). The shape, wheel guards, suspension, gearbox and motor are an absolutely-brilliant pairing; it's essentially the mature build IMHO. Its superb drivability alone makes it an ideal candidate for GT IMHO.

He sent me this pic the other day of his vehicle parked on the offramp just as you start to come down the mountain at Bathurst, where he's living now as of last week. It looks better from the front 'cause the black badge and beautiful front-wheel flares are obvious, but hey, he wanted to get the view from the "mountain" in the shot so it is what it is:

2021-01-20 First Day at Bathurst.jpg

Last edited:
It's not "all new" and I haven't read the whole thread to see if anyone's put this up here.

We Aussies have the Ford XR8, but where're the Holdens?

I nominate:
A small selection of v8 Supercar Holdens
The VE SS Commodore 'cause it's the sweet spot (IMHO) of the modern Holden era. 6.2L LS2, 450bhp (the spec says 430 I think but in the real world it's roughly 450) and 530nm torque. 6-speed manual.

My brother bought one recently. He'd waited 12 years and it's been his dream car since it dropped around 2008 (IIRC). The shape, wheel guards, suspension, gearbox and motor are an absolutely-brilliant pairing; it's essentially the mature build IMHO. Its superb drivability alone makes it an ideal candidate for GT IMHO.

He sent me this pic the other day of his vehicle parked on the offramp just as you start to come down the mountain at Bathurst, where he's living now as of last week. It looks better from the front 'cause the black badge and beautiful front-wheel flares are obvious, but hey, he wanted to get the view from the "mountain" in the shot so it is what it is:

View attachment 986786
From my wishlist a few pages back:
Holden VF Commodore Motorsport Edition '17
Holden VX Supercar '00
Holden ZB Commodore Supercar '18
HSV GTS-R W1 '17
HSV Coupe 4 '04

Last edited:
GTE cars can be a good addition for GT7. Vantage GTE, 488 GTE... This cars could be in Gr.3. Moreover, others good addition in GT7 are TCR cars in Gr.4 and DTM cars in Gr.2. However, if GT7 are GT1 cars like Porsche 911 gt1 or Mercedes CLK LM, in which group will they be? I think in Gr.1 with a low PP.

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X GSR Premium SST 2013 in 300ps. Not Final Edition 2015 which only have 5 speed stock transmission.
So you want the older less powerful variant because it has 1 extra gear?

Just to be clear, 2013 Evo X SST makes 300PS/295HP/217KW with 366NM of torque and has a 6 speed dual clutch automatic transmission and has a kerb weight of 1625kg
The car in GT Sport, 2015 Evo X Final Edition makes 307PS/303HP/226KW with 414NM of torque and has a 5 speed manual transmission and has a kerb weight of 1565Kg

So by almost all accounts, the Final Edition is the better car, apart from having one less gear. Don't really see why that is enough reason to want it to be included, especially when the only other Evo in GT Sport was the IV (and yes I am aware the other Evos have been in previous games and so would not be all new to the series as is the subject of this thread)

Please see the below if you are wondering where I got my power and weight numbers from
2013 Evo X SST GSR Premium
2015 Evo X Final Edition

message-editor%2F1590170360336-2004dodgeramsrt-10vcaedition2020courtesyofrmsothebys2.jpg

Dodge Ram SRT10. (A Dodge Ram that was actually put in production by Dodge in 2004-2006) It had the Viper Styling, and of course a V10 directly from the Viper.

I honestly can't believe this wasn't in a GT game yet, especially GT4. It looks like something Polyphony would be foaming at the mouth to add, because its so ridiculous.

Last edited:
GTE cars can be a good addition for GT7. Vantage GTE, 488 GTE... This cars could be in Gr.3. Moreover, others good addition in GT7 are TCR cars in Gr.4 and DTM cars in Gr.2. However, if GT7 are GT1 cars like Porsche 911 gt1 or Mercedes CLK LM, in which group will they be? I think in Gr.1 with a low PP.
Le Mans GT1 cars (e.g. McLaren F1 GTR Longtail, Mercedes Benz CLK GTR/LM, Nissan R390 GT1, Panoz Esperante GTR-1, Porsche 911 GT1-98, Toyota GT-One TS020 - GT1 version, not the LMP version) from the '90s aren't quick enough to be in Gr. 1, so they'll most likely be in Gr. 2.

Besides DTM, I think those from Group 5 and IMSA GT/GTO will also likely be in Gr. 2.

Last edited:
Le Mans GT1 cars (e.g. McLaren F1 GTR Longtail, Mercedes Benz CLK GTR/LM, Nissan R390 GT1, Panoz Esperante GTR-1, Porsche 911 GT1-98, Toyota GT-One TS020 - GT1 version, not the LMP version) from the '90s aren't quick enough to be in Gr. 1, so they'll most likely be in Gr. 2.

Besides DTM, I think those from Group 5 and IMSA GT/GTO will also likely be in Gr. 2.
There seems to be a common misconception about the speed of GT1 cars. It's surprising how many people think that they should be included in Group 1 or Group 2 when they're closer to GT3 cars...

Back