What are performance points?

If the PP is based on power to wieght ratio it should work ok.
I set online rooms and choose recommened cars that have the same ratio and we have some very close races. For example the Challenger (431 bhp) and the Elise (197 bhp) are a great match. Both bang on 229 bhp per ton.
Another one is the Audi TT (573bhp) versus the Tom's Supra (499 bhp) just 5 bhp /ton difference.

I hope there is more to the new PP system than just HP weight tyres

If GT5P is anything to go by, it's all that and downforce. Suspension and such weren't accounted for since those were considered "settings" not "upgrades". Though your downforce settings shouldn't affect PP, only the presence of a wing should change your PP. The same for other tuning parts. The setting is up to the driver, but if he chooses to use advanced parts, his PP goes up.

But anyway, even if it was only HP, weight, and tires, it would allow you to take the Veyron into races where it currently wouldn't fit. The reason hosts don't want to go up to 1300 hp is because it would allow 1000 hp Vipers and Corvette RM'sm etc into the race, unless it was in the 1000 hp range already. Though PP needs to be a little more comprehensive to provide balance.

If the PP is based on power to wieght ratio it should work ok.
I set online rooms and choose recommened cars that have the same ratio and we have some very close races. For example the Challenger (431 bhp) and the Elise (197 bhp) are a great match. Both bang on 229 bhp per ton.
Another one is the Audi TT (573bhp) versus the Tom's Supra (499 bhp) just 5 bhp /ton difference.

That's not really enough for balanced racing. HP/weight isn't a measure of how good a car is. The Elise would laugh at the Challenger unless they were on Sarthe, though I guess since GT5 gives all cars the same lateral grip, it would be a closer race. If it was a RM Elise vs a Challenger with exactly enough hp to make them even in HP/weight, the gap would be even bigger.

PP needs to take a lot of factors into account.

If they introduce PP and cut credit/experience on all A-Spec and B-Spec races then that means you can't use your X2010 to grind B-Spec Dreamcar Championship for 1M credits per hour any more.

In fact, the X2010 will become as useless as the Ferrari F1 cars in the game as you won't be able to use it anywhere at all in A/B-Spec!

Seems that PP points from GT5p are coming in the next update... I just want to ask, does incorporating this system mean that one will be able to REMOVE upgrades now?

One of the things that frustrates me is, once you have made some of the upgrades, they can't be removed. So, if you have x car at y hp, now you go online, there's a race for x car at 20 less hp (or 200 less hp!), and you can't participate. There's rarely enough time before a race to go BUY another x car and upgrade it to the required level (even if you were dumb enough to want to do that) before the race is over, so, there goes your race.

So... will PP system bring back DE-tuning your car?

Have you got a source for the return of PP-Points? (As opposed to p-p-p-penguins - UK readers will know what I mean...).

At WLR we often limit comps by PI in Forza and were looking forward to doing the same with GT5's PP system - and then it never came :D

Have you got a source for the return of PP-Points? (As opposed to p-p-p-penguins - UK readers will know what I mean...).

At WLR we often limit comps by PI in Forza and were looking forward to doing the same with GT5's PP system - and then it never came :D

In uk it was P-P-P-P- Pick up a penguin....

Yes have to agree once you find a race and your car needs changing or de modded once you finish it the race is over..

I don't believe the PP scheme will change anything related to de-tuning your vehicle, nor should it. The things that cannot be removed (weight reduction, engine tuning stages, custom exhaust) haven't needed to be removable before. There are more removable parts than not (related to hp). If it's something that you're worried about then stay away from those mods and equip ecu, manifolds, air filter, turbos/supercharger so you can get a feel for what kind of ratio you can get without "de-tunable" parts

I agree - I don't think it will allow the removal of (for example) engine block tuning.

Does someone have a source for the inclusion of PP structure/functions in 1.06?

I agree - I don't think it will allow the removal of (for example) engine block tuning.

Does someone have a source for the inclusion of PP structure/functions in 1.06?
From the Kaz tweets thread here midway down a guy by the name of SHIRAKAWA Akira who is a reputable Kaz tweet translator has said it is being mentioned in his tweets. It will be included in the update coming the 18th. There is no structure/functions source for this implementation. I'm sure a little searching would bring up GT5P's

PP in GT5 will face a problem that GT5P didn't have : Power evolution over time (run-in, oil quality, engine state...).
If it works like in GT5P, that would mean that if you enter in a 2 hours race with a 600 PP brand new car, it will go beyond that limit during the race.

Since GT5 is less refined than Prologue in many ways, I have my doubts in seeing a perfectly weighted PP system in GT5.

That said, I just wondered whether we will get a way to change the weight of the car along with this update. I am aware of the option of stripping your vehicle in the tuning shop, but it is a one-way modification, and you also can't add weight to any car. This option is more or less essential for a PP system.

Uhh no that's why it says " this modification cannot be undone, are you sure you wish to proceed" Your decision if you strip the weight, you can't just chuck some bricks in the boot to add weight back lol.

GT5 is "less refined" and Prologue has less tracks,less cars, less weather so your idiotic comment means what exactly ?

PP in GT5 will face a problem that GT5P didn't have : Power evolution over time (run-in, oil quality, engine state...).
If it works like in GT5P, that would mean that if you enter in a 2 hours race with a 600 PP brand new car, it will go beyond that limit during the race.

And so would the other cars in that race ?

How likely is the PP system to be added to the permanent A-Spec and B-Spec events? Such an addition would be nice but it would also hurt to know that you have golded most of them before such meaningful restrictions were applied.

Uhh no that's why it says " this modification cannot be undone, are you sure you wish to proceed" Your decision if you strip the weight, you can't just chuck some bricks in the boot to add weight back lol.
Because the option of adding weight is normal in several racing series (the faster guys get a penalty weight to be precise). Also, Prologue had the option of adding weight to the cars exactly because of the PP system, and this option was also present in earlier GT titles (GT3 if I'm not mistaken, you were even able to choose whether to add it to the front or the back of the car). So since there will be a PP system in GT5, an option to add weight would make a lot of sense.

GT5 is "less refined" and Prologue has less tracks,less cars, less weather so your idiotic comment means what exactly ?
My "idiotic" comment refers to the fact that a PP system needs to be perfectly weighted to make sense. If it isn't, you will always have cars with equal PP which are so much faster than the competition that they render the whole system near useless. Even Prologue, a game which was quite well done and only had few cars, had problems with this (Motorsport Elise, Clio race car). So given the arguably missing refinement of GT5, how good or bad is it going to cope with this problem?

Last edited:
How likely is the PP system to be added to the permanent A-Spec and B-Spec events? Such an addition would be nice but it would also hurt to know that you have golded most of them before such meaningful restrictions were applied.

And you can't go back and race it again with an evenly matched car PP wise because ??????????

@ INTERCEPTOR - No no mate i wasn't saying your adding weight comment was idiotic, i quoted the comment that was idiotic. You called GT5 less refined than prologue while forgetting everything that prologue doesn't have, it really is idiotic because they are 2 different entities and you can't compare them to anything other than 'your' expectations :)

And you can't go back and race it again with an evenly matched car PP wise because ??????????

I could but who knows if I can gold them all again with an active PP system? In case I can't you can say that I have obtained my gold trophies and prize cars because the game was unfinished and not because I necessarily had the skill to beat the challenge as it was meant to be. Not a rewarding thought.

@ INTERCEPTOR - No no mate i wasn't saying your adding weight comment was idiotic, i quoted the comment that was idiotic. You called GT5 less refined than prologue while forgetting everything that prologue doesn't have, it really is idiotic because they are 2 different entities and you can't compare them to anything other than 'your' expectations :)
Refinement is neither connected to the amount of content, nor with my expectations of anything. GT5 does have a lot more content than Prologue, but it is still much less refined as a product. And refinement is what you need for a PP system to work properly.

Refinement is neither connected to the amount of content, nor with my expectations of anything. GT5 does have a lot more content than Prologue, but it is still much less refined as a product. And refinement is what you need for a PP system to work properly.

I think they have shown that it will be a refined system but not releasing a half-ass version of the PP system and waiting until now 3 months after release before implementing. To me that shows refinement, but to each their own i can see your point and where your coming from.

have you got a source for the return of pp-points? (as opposed to p-p-p-penguins - uk readers will know what i mean...).

At wlr we often limit comps by pi in forza and were looking forward to doing the same with gt5's pp system - and then it never came :d

i been a big gt fan since the beginning of gt.. I have race and beat them all, including all the japan versions that we couldn't get in the us. After waiting 6 years on gt 5 to come out, i would say there are many disapointments in this game.. Dont get me wrong, im still a gt fan, but just think with all the time they had to work on it that it could have been much better.. Forza 3 is much better than gt 5, and i think now days, the makers of gt games could have learned a lot from the team at forza.

All I can say is "Good for PD"...the PP aspect of GT5P was the best online feature...hopefully it will include 'auto-rooms' that will load up on a regular basis based on PP and allow for quick race organization, as GT5P did...

Not at the price of giving up private rooms, however....

We had performance points in GT5P, did anyone who played GT5P *not* expect it to be in GT5?

Is prolog some obscure word for "tease" or something?

It should be easy to switch your parts before the race in order to adjust PP. Though I am okay with limited PP, I still don't often like the penalty system because it is not always accurate.

All I can say is "Good for PD"...the PP aspect of GT5P was the best online feature...hopefully it will include 'auto-rooms' that will load up on a regular basis based on PP and allow for quick race organization, as GT5P did...

Not at the price of giving up private rooms, however....

This is big. I don't want to lose the freedom in my private lounge

Back