What are performance points?

Is there still the option to just limit the weight, hp and tires online as i think those are enough with the ballast and hp limiter to make meaningfull races.

I have 8 X1s and they all have the same HP and weight, but there are 3 different PP values among them. WTF?
My FGT collection is even more skewed on PP, where HP and weight are identical.

I guess the pp is measured by the class of the cars, and how much you drove the car

Power points are an online based thing.races can now be restricted with horse power or power points.let's call it a new tier of racing

Basically in GT5p there were a S Class events which allowed the cars to be restricted to a certain amount of Performance Points which accounts for power and weight. In GT5 they'll probably use them for upcoming Special Events and Online Racing. It is just a measure on how good the Performance is on a Car.

When adding parts to a car it used to show the old value versus the new (IE, adding a turbo or weight reduction). But now you not only get the old/new value, it alternates to PP old/new value...my question is simple...what is this PP value?

It seems that mileage matters too.

A higher mileage seems to result in lower PP.

Probably correct: Like Strideur, I imagine states like oil changes, engine break in, mileage i.e. how long before the HP changes for the better or worse might be calculated too.

Varies with upgrades (of course), and if it works the same way as GT5P it also varies with tune.

More downforce=higher PP.

I only had a few moments to play with it before leaving for work. But can anybody confirm--it doesn't seem like it takes tires into account.

One thing that's out of wack--the PDI Kart has more PP than cars like the Lotus Elise 111R. I really wonder exactly what criteria they're taking into account.

Strange though, changing tires in the garage has no affect on the PP number.

Sorry, but i still don't get how this helps me or makes the game any better...what i do know is that i am finding it annoying how the value i am trying to boost is now alternating with the PP value so damn fast.

I believe they put this in the game so people could more easily match cars when racing online. At least that is where it has the most potential for being useful in my opinion.

Well, I'm glad it works online. 👍 I wonder why it doesn't show up in the garage though. Perhaps just a bug.

I don't remember the exact PP numbers, but my X2010 Vettel with 56k miles, in need of an oil change and not having an engine rebuild since 15k has four more PP than the colored one I bought that has 400 miles with a fresh oil change. The Vettel 2010 is sitting at 1380hp (~1450 if I change the oil) while the colored 2010 has 1557. The colored X2010 is about 15 seconds faster at Like The Wind - Indy. The system is definitely a little flawed.

We never knew exactly how PP was calculated in Prologue, and we won't ever know exactly how it's calculated in GT5 (my prediction)

But we do know that for the things we can adjust it's weight, aero, power curve, and tires. Maybe other non-adjustable variables.

So is it based on the setup that currently exists on that car? So if you change the tire from sports to race the PP will change also?

Back