What are the greatest songs in the GT series?

• Thread starter Suzumiya
  • 80 comments
This thread has made me nostalgic for the good days when GT had a upbeat and progressive selection of music, from fast tempo indy menu tunes to rock racing tracks. Sadly it is now just slow, plodding and miserable elevator jazz.

My Favorite Game - The Cardigans. It's quite freaky how that song perfectly describes the GT series. Even more so the newer games. :scared:

This thread has made me nostalgic for the good days when GT had a upbeat and progressive selection of music, from fast tempo indy menu tunes to rock racing tracks. Sadly it is now just slow, plodding and miserable elevator jazz.
Atleast that was happened on GT5. Some are actually pretty good.

GT6 has more upbeat menu music.

Some of my favourites for racing:
Dieselboy + Kaos - Nitro
Nittoku Inoue - Runabout
X-ecutioners - Ready To Rock
TMF - High
A. Skillz - Till The Break
Pop Levi - Police Sign
Makoto - Black Mist
Oliver - Control
Taku Yoshioka - Horizon Seekers
Beck - Back To You
...and a lot more!

Menu music:
Makoto - The Trip
Kemmei - Electric Sky
Satoshi Bando - Slow On The Uptake
Actually, all of the GT5 and Gt6 menu music is awesome lol! :D

Skeletal - Cubanate
Was one of the demo tunes before GT (1) was released... Full of Le Mans spec TVR Cerbera's bouncing up on two wheels at Trial Mountain.

Live in a Box - Spiderbait
GT4 - Just stood out as the best song.

GT5 Holiday or Sunday by Taroma Koshida (Not Apollo though. Way too upbeat for me.)

GT6 - Some of the menu stuff is good. Turbo by Daiki Kasho maybe. Nice chunky intro - a bit 1996 era WipEout in places with the synths in places.

I love GT's focus on groove, I think that GT2 and Interstate 76 were two major contributors to my becoming a bassist...

I do miss the stark, almost industrial (but still groovy) tone of the PAL / NA version of GT1, though, as well. They also used TB303 samples, so another win. :D

My favorite has to be A Million Miles Away by Ulrich Schnauss from GT4, so dreamy. However, the music has in my opinion not been one of the stronger aspects of the GT series, at least not since GT1.

A Million Miles Away- Amon Tobin

Is there another song of that name or did you get the artist name wrong?

Last edited:
My favorite has to be A Million Miles Away by Ulrich Schnauss from GT4, so dreamy. However, the music has in my opinion not been one of the stronger aspects of the GT series, at least not since GT1.

Is there another song of that name or did you get the artist name wrong?
Whoops, why did I think it was Amon Tobin?

Just A Day (Feeder)
Planetary (GO!) (My Chemical Romance)
Stompbox (Overseer)
Moon Over The Castle
5OUL ON D!SPLAY (Daiki Kasho)
Reason Is Treason (Kasabian)
Favourite Game (Cardigans)
I want you so hard (Boys Bad News) (Eagles Of Death Metal)
Scumbag Blues (Them Crooked Vultures)
Panama (Van Halen)
Haven't heard many GT6 songs because I just use my own songs instead <.<

GT4
All GT4 Classic songs
All GT4 Kicks songs (Bullet, Back on Track, Dream Snatcher, The Race, and more)
All GT4 US songs

GTPSP
All Original songs

GT6
All Dance and Electronic songs
Dr. Awesome - Nittoku Inoue
Invincible - Nittoku Inoue
Moon Over The Castle - GT5 Version
Place In The World - Daiki Kasho
Pre-Race Music from Novice and National B

TMF - High

I love that song. Some of my fondest childhood memories are racing along the SSR11 with "High" playing.

In general, I prefer the GT1 and 2 soundtracks.

So much so that I put playlists of them onto my PS3, and replaced all of GT6's music with the classic soundtracks. It's amazing how well the music still fits, even with the updates and changes over the years to GT's interfaces.

I can't believe The Stereophonics - The Bartender and the Thief hasn't yet been mentioned. I know it motivated me when the first few notes were played. Can't remember which GT that was on :confused:

The fact that GT2 had "Sex type thing" by Stone Temple Pilots is what made me happy. We also must not forget "Super Bon Bon" by Soul Coughing either.

Queens of the Stone Age - Go With The Flow
Daiki Kasho - It's All About You
Daiki Kasho - Soul Surfer
Daiki Kasho - 5OUL ON D!SPLAY
Daiki Kasho - SURV1V3
Daiki Kasho - We Are One
Daiki Kasho - Shadows of Our Past
Daiki Kasho - Looking For You
Daiki Kasho - Wicked
Daiki Kasho - What to Believe
Borialis - Don't Mean a Thing
Hundred Reasons - Stalemate
Feeder - Shatter
Nine Inch Nails - Came Back Haunted

Any menu music from GT1-4 is a huge nostalgia trip for me, thats why i went through them all and made a small list of 10 tracks to play on my GT6 menu. It's fantastic to start up the game with those smooth, soothing tunes from GT4, specially.

Anyway, these are my favourite 2.

FROM THE EAST, by Isamu Ohira, from GT2
>

HYPNOSIS, by Isamu Ohira, from GT4
>

What's with the Subaru's wheels in the GT4 one? They aren't gold!

Back