What are you Eating/Drinking?

• Thread starter Super-Supra
  • 22,318 comments
Last night I used the air fryer to make tilapia stir fry.

image.jpeg

If you're cooking for yourself it doesn't have to be pretty or have a name, so long as you enjoy it.

That said, use barley next time and it sounds like a beef and barley soup.
Yeah now that you mention it that's basically what it was. Although it wasn't very soupy because there was so little liquid and after a day in the fridge the rice soaked it all up.

Made those tonight, it's a recipe from Holland, but the spices are from Indonesia and it's original from Turkey(I think) :)
Meat(Beef, Chicken, Lamb or what ever is in the fridge) is 'slowly' roasted for a 30/45 minutes, preferable under a gas grill. Keep stirring of course.....

With some raw thinly sliced peppers, onions and lettuce.
Home made Garlic sauce, and for me piri piri as well.....

Food_zpsm1qgi3zj.jpg

And a nice COLD beer.....or 2....:cheers:

Just made some Meatballs or Burgers (whatever you want to call them) in a spicy tomato sauce....:D

Mince pork meat, a bit on the lean side.
2 Onions, 1/4Leek, 1 carrot, 1/2 a garlic and 3 chopped chillies(HOT ones)
Bread crumbs, 2 eggs, salt, pepper, worchester sauce, chili powder and chili paste....

DSCN0087_zpsnrhtbcsf.jpg

Sorry for the double post......:D

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife and I went out to Porter Creek Hardwood Grill for our 17th anniversary. I had a Braised Bacon Burger (cheddar cheese, cider braised bacon, arugula, smoked tomato relish) with fries and she had Salmon with Roasted Corn Sauce (bacon-scallion whipped potatoes, balsamic red onion marmalade, crisp shoestring potatoes). Not stellar but not terrible.

We then went to the grocery store and picked up some gluten free chocolate chip bars and ice cream. Quite tasty.

On the way home, the liquor store beckoned and we came home with wine for her and some assorted vodkas for me. I haven't had any yet but I assume it will be tasty, too. :D

This morning I made eggs in my air fryer.
image.jpeg

Tonight we had venison pot roast for dinner.

image.jpeg

Just now I finished making jalapeño popper wontons in the air fryer.

image.jpeg

EDIT: I ran out of wontons (the ladies kept eating them raw. I said ONE!!!), so tested out future ta quite abilities by making a mini corn tortilla chimichanga jalapeño popper.

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Most of the fat stays in the pan. The butter is for flavor. A dab of olive oil and a dab of butter will do. Just cut a crosshatch into the fat strip so it renders out better and doesn't constrict and buckle the steak. As the fat renders, you should have plenty of it to spoon over the steak as it cooks. It's definitely the way to go. Just make sure you take a paper towel and pat the steak dry really well before you salt and pepper it and press into the pan. Wet steaks don't make a delicious crust as seen above.

Dang it, that whole description made my mouth water.

Fortunately just about to have a late dinner - Basmati rice, curried carrots and potato, roast chicken, and 7 UP.

We were talking about how one word in some other language can make up for a whole bunch of words in English some posts back - especially when it comes to food - and I think food is the great breaker of barriers when it comes to culture. We learn the words that describe the particular dish, then apply it as we speak, and those who know then understand perfectly what we are talking about.
In this neck of the woods if I use words like 'souvlaki' or panzerotti, or breudher or faluda, doesn't matter what native language the other person speaks if we've had that food before the word immediately recalls the concept.
The word for the food becomes food for the thought.

From Bend, Oregon. Goodlife Brewings Descender IPA.
Its been my go to beer for the past few months. It pours a nice amber color that leaves an inch of fluffy white head that slowly disappears leaving exceptional lacing on the glass. It smells of fresh pine with hints of grapefruit citrus notes. Mouth feel is sharp but not bitter. Tastes hits the back of your tongue first leaving a sensation you just swallowed a Doulas Fir tree. Really a top nothch beer at a killer price point. $10.00 a sixer.

I am still looking for a beer called ZOMBIE DUST from 3 Floyds Brewing out of Munster, IN. I've only ever had 1. Hands down the best beer I have ever had. It ranks a score of 100 out of 100 on Beer Advocate. World class. I drank it more than 3 years ago and I still remember how epic it was.
Anyway, I'm willing to trade killer Pacific North west beer for 1 or 2 or a thousand Zombie Dusts. :lol:

:cheers:
Cheers

Anyway, I'm willing to trade killer Pacific North west beer for 1 or 2 or a thousand Zombie Dusts. :lol:

You and me and anyone else out here where you can't get 3Floyds stuff, man.

Back