What are you Eating/Drinking?

• Thread starter Super-Supra
  • 22,316 comments
The aforementioned peanut butter chicken.

20181124_180806.jpg

Abbreviated recipe list - tomatoes, peanut butter, curry powder, ginger, orange juice and honey. Not bad but not sure I'd make it again.

Yeah, last night's dinner was a leftover turkey sandwich with stuffing. Side of Deadpool 2, so all wasn't lost. :lol:

As for now, I'm thinking a really nice peanut butter and jelly sandwich just might hit the spot.

Peanut butter = pindakaas

Pinda = peanut
kaas = cheese

but

butter ≠ cheese

and no, it is not a Belgian thing, it is a Dutch thing, as in the Dutch language.

Just finished this bottle. Not 100% sure it’s fermented honey or not.

21056A92-F157-49AD-AE75-C4554522972D.jpeg

Second bottle IS fermented honey and is an old castle recipe so should date back some time.

C715A8ED-34DB-4392-BCDE-3EF3816FC9AE.jpeg

For those not familiar with mead as a drink it’s old... very old and tastes divine. When you see in the movies they’re drinking it by the flaggan it’s not correct and would most likely be a honey/mead ale. Mead as itself if more akin to wine made from fermented honey and is delicious and strong. 14.5%. For a limited drinker like me, it kicks my butt.

C5V0E0Bl.jpg

My boss offered me this bottle on my birthday, back in July.
I'm trying it for the first time.

How did you find it? I’ve always been partial to a scotch every now and then. I was recommended a Talisker as a starter and I enjoyed it, however it’s not a regular occurrence for me.

VLAM organizes "The Week of Fries" this week in Belgium. Their motto = "Frietjes delen = vriendschap delen" = sharing fries is sharing friends.

Eet smakelijk! (= bon appétit).

:D

How did you find it? I’ve always been partial to a scotch every now and then. I was recommended a Talisker as a starter and I enjoyed it, however it’s not a regular occurrence for me.
It's far from being a regular occurrence for me as well. In fact, I know next to nothing about drinks.

Having said that, I did try Grant's and Cutty Sark (during the last two years or so) and this one's by far the best, to my taste. It's super smooth.

Those various mule drinks are very good. So is gin. Perfect Sunday, easy going stuff.

@TB

Late but true to my word, I just made it. Doubled the recipe, which may or may not have been a good idea. Somehow unbeknownst to me in the process of doubling, I DIDN'T DOUBLE THE DAMN BUTTER. That problem has now been rectified but I'm too full to try much more than a spoonful. Tomorrow I'm sure it will be better.

20181201_202500.jpg

My new mortar and pestle filled with a pant load of spices. Also making an appearance is one of my new knives.

20181201_191815.jpg

That is a lot of chicken.

20181201_195632.jpg

Simmerin'.

20181201_193348.jpg

No picture after I added four frickin' cups of heavy cream and one (oops) stick of butter.

It's December, which means that, here at work, every day now until the end of the year there's always some sort of festive cake on top of the table at our coffee / lunch area.

Just went in there for a coffee and came out with a slice of bolo-rei:

OIMhgOZ.png

Getting familiar with my first cast iron pan. Bit of a care and use learning curve from the Teflon pans I'm used to.

20181208_132905.jpg

Also, you know your wife likes a recipe (the butter chicken) when you can't find an ingredient (Fenugreek) so she orders it online. Round two of butter chicken will be attempted tomorrow for supper.

I just finished a Pizza Margherita. I can't take pictures anymore of this Pizza.

It was a very good Pizza. I broadened my horizon and got a different Pizza brand. It was a good choice.

Back