What are you listening to? (V)Music 

• Thread starter Sage
  • 31,963 comments
Sheila walks in to ask if I've talked to our daughter about Mother's Day dinner (I say "no"), pauses, walks out for a moment, comes back and asks: "What on earth are you listening to?"

That's a killer classic rock tune, kind of haunting of you listen to the lyrics.

That's one of my favorite songs there, it always puts me in a good mood when I'm pissed off. It's based loosely on a Comanche peyote chant. There's several versions of this song, but this is my favorite. Jim Pepper composed the song, and he has a version as well. This version below was in the movie Sleepers, but I still like Brewer and Shipleys version the best. 👍

Like many, I'm sure, Chris Cornell on Spotify.

In the early 90's, I was in high school, had my own car and could finally pick a radio station that wasn't my parent's country music. The likes of Nirvana, Soundgarden and Pearl Jam were becoming mainstream and I absolutely loved it. It was everything country wasn't.

Which meant my parents hated it. Which made me love it more.

Pearl Jam is still my front runner of that era but Cornell and company are certain up there, too.

RIP, Chris.

IMG_0258.PNG

Crush 40 - I Am...All of Me! (Theme for Shadow The Hedgehog/2005):

I just can't stop thinking about Crush 40, nor playing Sonic games again.

This song is so amazing. And people say rock is dead...

Nobody who knows anything about music is saying rock is dead. Royal Blood are one of a sea of bands who have brought rock back to the forefront. They're an awesome band. Have you heard of Red Fang? They're another very cool rock band, a bit heavier than Royal Blood, but equally as cool. Another one to check out, if you haven't heard of them, are Graveyard. They are very '70s style rock, with a heavy blues influence.

So what am I currently listening to? These guys are bloody brilliant:

Nobody who knows anything about music is saying rock is dead. Royal Blood are one of a sea of bands who have brought rock back to the forefront. They're an awesome band. Have you heard of Red Fang? They're another very cool rock band, a bit heavier than Royal Blood, but equally as cool. Another one to check out, if you haven't heard of them, are Graveyard. They are very '70s style rock, with a heavy blues influence.

So what am I currently listening to? These guys are bloody brilliant
I'll have to check out those two you mentioned, but I do know Ghost, they're awesome.

Probably my favorite out of Chris Cornell's solo work, also the best Bond theme to date in my opinion.

Back