What are you listening to? (V)Music 

• Thread starter Sage
  • 31,969 comments

Mmm.

Original UK release on CD (largely for "Dream Crazy," but I've got a bunch of boxes on the floor in front of the cabinet my turntable is on). US release just isn't as good. Band's well known for "Something About You" (10:44) but "Physical Presence" (5:16) is a personal favorite.

Last edited:

I was looking through my music database, searching for notes indicating albums with covers, when this gem I'd all but forgotten (I last listened to it in the wake of Bowie's passing) appeared due to an appropriately bluesy rendition of John Lennon's "Working Class Hero" (appears at 31:18).

Mmm.

Original UK release on CD (largely for "Dream Crazy," but I've got a bunch of boxes on the floor in front of the cabinet my turntable is on). US release just isn't as good. Band's well known for "Something About You" (10:44) but "Physical Presence" (5:16) is a personal favorite.

Lol.

80s music still rock my world up to these days. So sad that the current era doesn't make music as awesome like before.

I don't really listen to J-Rock, but after feeling pumped up by the story trailer for Ryu Ga Gotoku (Yakuza) Kiwami 2, couldn't help but look into it.

And...the trailer:

Rickie Lee Jones' self-titled first release, after hearing "Chuck E's In Love" at the store. Thankfully I cleared out the area in front of my turntable, as I don't yet have this on CD.

...Got the album of Fire from the Gods after catching this song in my recommended box:

In a word, it's bloody spectacular. Okay, that's two words, but whatever. It's a good song regardless.

Last edited:

1981 debut album from Gleaming Spires, Songs of the Spires. "How to Get Girls Through Hypnotism" (track 7 above for better quality than link video) is a personal favorite from the album.

Sadly, the band's final album Welcoming a New Ice Age is nowhere to be found online in streamable form, otherwise I'd definitely have posted while listening to it before this one.

Back