What are you watching?

• Thread starter Blackbird.
  • 4,843 comments
I have started a variety of shows. I finished Parks and Recreation a little over a month ago. Since that, I have watched a few episodes of 30 Rocks, The Office, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Superstore, Daredevil, Silicon Valley, and It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. I watched the entire first season of Superstore in about a week. I have watched all of the first season of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and a handful of episodes of the second season.

I have started a variety of shows. I finished Parks and Recreation a little over a month ago. Since that, I have watched a few episodes of 30 Rocks, The Office, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Superstore, Daredevil, Silicon Valley, and It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. I watched the entire first season of Superstore in about a week. I have watched all of the first season of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and a handful of episodes of the second season.

In which order should I watch this?
I liked first season of US The Office then want to watch parks n rec then brooklyn 99 and then I'll be down to start Justified.

In which order should I watch this?
I liked first season of US The Office then want to watch parks n rec then brooklyn 99 and then I'll be down to start Justified.

Are you talking about between The Office, Parks and Recreation, and Brooklyn Nine Nine? Or something else?

I really enjoyed Parks and Recreation. The first season is a little rough in that they did not quite know what they wanted to do with the show. Leslie was incredibly cringe worthy and basically a female Michael Scott. In the second season, that is toned down quite a bit and the show finds it legs. Parks also has one of the best characters ever in Ron Swanson.

I really like Brooklyn Nine Nine overall; it has some low points, but overall, is very good. Captain Holt is just fantastic.

I just looked and I believe I have seen all of the first four seasons of The Office and a portion of the fifth.

Out of the three, I would go Parks, B99, and then what I have seen of The Office. That may also be recency bias, in that I just finished Parks and have been keeping up with B99.

I started watching Netflix's new Voltron with my daughter.

I'm only two episodes in, but it isn't bad. I'm actually kind of shocked at how much of the original stuff they kept.

Tip for cartoon remakes: Your title character should look basically the same. If you just showed me a random scene of Voltron fighting, the only giveaway that it's an update would be the HD CGI. The CGI is done to imitate the hand drawn 80's style, but it's cleaner and crisper looking. Even the villains look the nearly the same.

This was an update for a new generation, designed to make fans of the original feel welcome.

Watched the first episode of 24 last week,and boy was it boring and dated.
Not sure I'll be watching another if it's all like that.
Also been considering watching series 2 of True Detective,because the first series was so good,any thoughts?

Currently on a YouTube spree watching Sly Stallone.
His 70th birthday is today.
Always liked this touching scene with the late Burgess Meredith.

Edit;
Started watching The Expendables trilogy now.

Last edited:

Watched this earlier, I don't know any French (forgot what I did learn in HS save the odd phrase or two), but I could still enjoy the eye-candy.

Stranger Things

Watched three episodes last night and it appears to be drawing energy from several directions as to what the main thrust will be. What is for sure is that it's full-on 80s nostalgia, right down to the music, backing and sountrack choices as well as design of the whole thing.

Despite that (I hated the 80s for various reasons) I am intrigued by the series.

Started watching Blindspot and am loving it so far. Seen the first 4 episodes and it seems pretty similar to The Blacklist.

Stranger Things

Watched three episodes last night and it appears to be drawing energy from several directions as to what the main thrust will be. What is for sure is that it's full-on 80s nostalgia, right down to the music, backing and sountrack choices as well as design of the whole thing.

Despite that (I hated the 80s for various reasons) I am intrigued by the series.

I love everything 80s and loving this show. It's got promise.

I finished up Season One of Star Wars Rebels earlier today and started Season Two not long after. I also caught up on The Last Ship last weekend, but need to watch last week's and tonight's episodes. I am also watching Angie Tribeca also.

Just finished Season 1 of Blindspot. Was such an amazing first season and the final 2 episodes were absolutely brilliant. Can't wait for Season 2

I just finished watching The Last Kingdom since it finally came to Netflix, being a huge fan of the books, I feel like the BBC did a pretty good job with the TV series. Anyone who is a fan of GoT or Vikings should definitely check it out if they haven't already done so.

Finished Stranger Things. A good nod to Amazing Stories, Creep Show, King, Hitchcock, Spielberg, Lucas, John Carpenter... Heck, through all the 80s in there. One of my favorite intro scores.

Finished Stranger Things. A good nod to Amazing Stories, Creep Show, King, Hitchcock, Spielberg, Lucas, John Carpenter... Heck, through all the 80s in there. One of my favorite intro scores.
It also has one of the fastest turn-arounds for concept to actual T-shirt from the companies that do that. You can already get a Hawkins National Lab tee from Dark Bunny.

Intro score.

Last edited:
Just finished watching this movie from 2014 and the credits are currently rolling.
I was channel surfing and just kind of stumbled into it. It was
nice to see Basinger again and she put in a pretty good performance.
Very strange movie though, filled with amateur actors.
The dark, scary locations and the soundtrack saved it a little bit.
large_MV5BMTc5Mzg2NzU3MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTMwNDQ3NTE_._V1__SX1216_SY681_.jpg

Not watching it right now, but if you follow me you know I've become borderline obsessed with it:

Last edited:
Back