What are you watching?

• Thread starter Blackbird.
  • 4,832 comments
Yes a 10 part series seems(at the moment)a little drawn out.
Also the Kardashian thing;hmm well I suppose if Robert's kids weren't famous,we wouldn't care.
He did mention something in the last ep about being famous;as if the director was trying to be ironic.
All in the best TV series at the moment.
Can't be doing with the Fllash or Arrow,Elementary,Stella,Happy Valley,Not Going Out and pretty much every Brand New series that come out every week on Sky.
How does anyone watch all these shows??

Yes a 10 part series seems(at the moment)a little drawn out.
Also the Kardashian thing;hmm well I suppose if Robert's kids weren't famous,we wouldn't care.
He did mention something in the last ep about being famous;as if the director was trying to be ironic.
All in the best TV series at the moment.
Can't be doing with the Fllash or Arrow,Elementary,Stella,Happy Valley,Not Going Out and pretty much every Brand New series that come out every week on Sky.
How does anyone watch all these shows??

Robert would be turning in his grave if he knew how his kids turned out! Kris was the fame hungry one and went to town with it.

I've seen some of Happy Valley, boy is it grim. I love Not Going Out (Lucy ;)) but they aren't making them anymore, only specials now. I don't really follow many things these days, most of the new shows at the moment don't really interest me.

The Shannara Chronicles Finished season 1. I have to thank @DDastardly00 for recommending this show to me. Truly enjoying it. Reminds me quite a bit of Lord of the Rings.

Shameless Finished Season 1. Funny show with quite a bit of entertainment.

The walking dead. Second episode of season 4 and I can't take it anymore. This show is getting on my nerves. This show is not about survival, it's about the fact that stupidity, even in the face of certain death, will never lose it's grip on people. Maybe the walking dead doesn't apply to the zombies......

I have caught up on Agents of Shield. I really enjoyed the episodes. I am looking forward to new episodes starting back up.

I have also mostly caught up on Bob's Burgers. It is a wonderful show!

I have also somewhat been trying to catch up on Blindspot. It is good, not great. What I have watched has been entertaining enough.

I started watching The Librarians TV series yesterday. I managed the first two episodes yesterday and will probably be watching it during my lunch breaks. It is a fun, albeit not particularly serious show.

I have also started re-watching the second season of Strike Back. Strike Back is such a fantastic show. I think I am enjoying it more this second go round.

I would suggest checking out the Harry Bosch novels if you haven't done so already. Michael Connelly is a writer who really knows his craft. The Drop, The Burning Room, Echo Park, The Closers and The Last Coyote are all really good; in fact, most of the Bosch series is. And while you're at it, The Brass Verdict and The Fifth Witness from the Mickey Haller series are both excellent.

...I know it's not "watching", but I took your advice and am currently reading The Crossing. And I can't help but read the lines of Bosch and Haller in the voices of Titus Welliver and Matthew McConaughey. :lol:

I started watching this movie last night, and am finishing it right now. It's called "Road". It's s Documentary on the Dunlop family of motorcycle road racers in Ireland. I highly recommend it for anyone into motorcycle racing, or even if your not, it's still a very good documentary. It's very emotional at times. It has some great action shots, and is very informative. Here's the trailer for it, if anyone is interested. 👍

Last edited:
I'm actually starting watch The Simpson's more than usual, i don't usually watch it that much but now I am.

Last edited:
...Just wrapped up Bosch season 1 on Amazon. Not recommended if you're looking for CSI/Law & Order kind of cop shows.

It has some good moments, but honestly, it could have been better. Its transformation from the pages of the novel to TV screen is too literal, and there are far too many filler scenes that doesn't serve much purpose.

Acting's great however. Titus Welliver is note-perfect in his portrayal of Bosch. He's so good, so much so now when I read the novels I can't help but picture him in my head.

I felt like losing myself in a fantasy world, so I popped Lucy on the Roku. Yup, I'm utterly lost alright.

Ken
I felt like losing myself in a fantasy world, so I popped Lucy on the Roku. Yup, I'm utterly lost alright.
I caught a few minutes of that in the hotel a few nights ago. Just long enough to remind me how confused I was watching it the first time.

Just finished the third part of The Escape Artist on Amazon. Only put it on as I was curious about what David Tennant could do after only seeing him in Dr Who, and I was pleasantly surprised! Good program.

Only put it on as I was curious about what David Tennant could do after only seeing him in Dr Who
If you have Netflix, watch Jessica Jones. 👍

- - - - -

After completely boring the kids to death with 2001 last weekend*, we'll be giving Close Encounters of the Third Kind a go tonight.

*Conversation:
"Dad, what does "intermission" mean?"
"That the movie is about half over."
"Arrrrrgggggghhhhh", they say, while slouching down into the couch.

Cleared out the DVR a little bit last night. Watched the series finale of Party Down South. Don't ask me why.

I also watched the first episode of The Detour, which was pretty funny and good enough for me to set up a Onepass on the Tivo.

Also check out Broadchurch for more David Tennant and many other Doctor Who/Torchwood stars.

Dropped cable awhile ago, so it's been NetFlix/YouTube mostly. Animaniacs is on NF now and I loved that show as a kid, so been watching that mostly, and sprinkling various gaming/racing videos on YT in-between, found this 'oldie' from Chris Harris and been re-watching it over & over for some reason. (here's a hint, the sounds & footage are :drool:)

Marvel's The Avengers (2012). Must be about the fourth or fifth time now.

Back