What are you watching?

• Thread starter Blackbird.
  • 4,842 comments
Helix - gone through both series (26 episodes) in two weeks. Quite a good pace with plenty going on. Starts on an Arctic research facility with a viral outbreak and the CDC are called in, and ends...well, best if you find that out for yourselves.

Great image for the series:
Helix 1.PNG

Last edited:
Rick and Morty, the best cartoon in the universe.

Season Three really needs to get here already!

On topic of the thread, I have been keeping up with: the Lethal Weapon TV series; 24 Legacy; Agents of Shield; Superstore; Powerless; Bob's Burgers; and Star Wars Rebels. I have been working on watching episodes of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. I have been saying I am going to start Breaking Bad soon, but have not yet gotten around to it. I also recently finished Star Wars The Clone Wars and watched all of Black Mirror.

Sherlock season four

Not as good as the first three seasons. The individual episodes aren't terribly bad, but the overall season doesn't really work the way it should have.

The wife is bingeing American Horror Story. She's up to Season 4 Ep.4.

I understand about using the same characters. The first two Seasons were okay. The Coven was interesting. Freak Show started okay, but I'm getting a bit bored with the actors. Maybe the stories get a bit better in the following seasons.

Sherlock season four

Not as good as the first three seasons. The individual episodes aren't terribly bad, but the overall season doesn't really work the way it should have.
I've been thinking about this, and I have decided to reassess my ranking. There's a lot of themaric stuff at work here, with Jungian psychology, lots of Gothic imagery and some really figurative material in the background.

Currently watching FREQUENCY on Netflix. Only 1 season of it so far, and I'm only 3 episodes in but so far looks pretty good. Premise is quite interesting, as it features a present day NYPD detective (Raimy Sullivan) being able to communicate with her dead father (Frank Sullivan), who is on the same timeline but in 1996, by using the same ham radio.

Currently watching FREQUENCY on Netflix. Only 1 season of it so far, and I'm only 3 episodes in but so far looks pretty good. Premise is quite interesting, as it features a present day NYPD detective (Raimy Sullivan) being able to communicate with her dead father (Frank Sullivan), who is on the same timeline but in 1996, by using the same ham radio.

Ever see the movie?

Saw the first series of 12 Monkeys this week. They opened it up nicely and have remained very faithful to the atmosphere and colour schemes of the film - the story, of course is somewhat more expanded.

Last edited:
And now, whilst waiting on season two of Twelve Monkeys, I'm watching Cleverman.

Looks to be a multi-threaded series set in Australia about an older branch of the human race with an 80,000 year recorded history who have been living hidden alongside the aboriginal tribes and more recent 'settlers'. Now they are suddenly out and exposed in the few-years-into-the-future world of Australia.

It's good seeing Ian Glen in it (Game of Thrones, Jack Taylor and a host of indie films.)

TLDR: It's like District 9 but with humans.

EDIT: actually, now five episodes in and this is proving to be far more than I'd expected.

EDIT 2: Finished the first series and that was one hell of a cliffhanger. It's going to be an interesting second series, straight off the bat.

Last edited:
The Loud House. At first I wasn't expecting this show to be good because of how bad most of the Nicktoons that aired during the 2010s are (looking at you, Breadwinners) and how awful Nickelodeon has been for the past few years. But to my surprise, this show is great. It is about a boy named Lincoln Loud who lives with 11 sisters and how he tries to deal with everyday life around them. There's two seasons of it so far and most of the episodes I've seen so far have been good or great. It's one of my favorite cartoons out right now and I think you should definitely check it out if you haven't. You can catch it on Nickelodeon from 4-5 PM CST and I believe it's also on Amazon Prime Video.

Watching a recording of the 30th anniversary special presentation of Roy Orbison's Black and White Night concert.

So it took them fourteen episodes, but finally there was something on Designated Survivor that seemed quite out of place considering the tone established so far in the series.

Still chuffing love the show, however.

....So, I have a problem.

I just watched the first episode of Bosch's third season. And immediately encountered a big issue: it's based, the significant part of the plot judging by all the foreshadowing in the episode, on the book A Darkness More Than Night.

Which I just finished reading yesterday.

Sooooooo, I can pretty much tell what the hell is going to happen in the major plot points. Meaning, a lot of the wind has been taken out of the sail, so to speak. Now what? Do I continue? Do I give it up and wait a couple of months until the book isn't so fresh in my head anymore?

Bah.

Second series of 12 Monkeys just completed - great series, well conceived and delivered; it promises a lot more in the coming two series also.

I watched Five Came Back over this last weekend. I finished catching up on It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia a few weeks ago. I have now started watching The League. I am up to the start of the fourth season. The show is fantastic. I have also started watching Bojack Horseman.

Just caught up with the past 3 seasons of iZombie on Netflix

One of my favourite shows at the moment.

This is a much better trailer but there are some Season 2 spoilers
[\spoiler]

Last edited:
Fear of he Living Dead. Up to Season 2. The writers are frustrating me with the way the kids, in the family, act.
Season two goes nuts and the adults get in on the idiot action too :)

Me, I've just watched the first season of Colony. Surprised me and it's going to be interesting, I think.

Back