What are you watching?

• Thread starter Blackbird.
  • 4,837 comments
I watched a video on setting up Campy delta brakes the other day and this popped up as recommended; thought it worth a view.

Been binging some quality stuff lately! I think all of these are great so just assume is there for all of them, but a short attempt at some more words even though I'm terrible at that, because otherwise it's just a list.

The Terror - Just brilliant all the way around

Trust - Danny Boyle let loose in the 1960's. I'm so there.

Timeless - Waiting for the end.

Legends of Tomorrow - Just let your brain melt and enjoy it for what it is.

I'm currently on the last season of Black Sails, a prequel to one of my favourite childhood books, Treasure Island.

I always found the "Golden Age of Piracy" to be a fascinating era. The series features several prominent real life pirates and figures from the time. Charles Vane, Jack Rackham, Woodes Rogers, Blackbeard. Captain Flint gets a little tiring but the actor who plays John Silver is brilliant.

Also very eagerly awaiting Archer: Danger Island next week:D

Recently started watching Dark on Netflix. Quite entertaining. I'm in Europe now but I watch it through proxy to bypass the restrictions and get access to the US content. Very convy, now I can watch any tv shows from all countries.

Last edited:
Well, I like "The Orville". Remends me so much of my favourite Sci-fi show, Star Trek. I hope though, the Orville becomes more serious and less comedy or parody. This show has potential.

Been watching quite a few shows across Netflix and Now TV

The Blacklist - What an awesome season this lastest one has been. The shows done an impeccable job of combining the season long story arc with the procedural elements of the show and it has resulted in some incredible episodes. Season finale is tonight and I can’t wait to see how it unfolds. They’ve really expanded on the characters this season and it’ll be amazing to see where season 6 leads.

Blindspot - Similar thoughts to the Blacklist. The story arc has been really well thought out and the twists throughout the season have actually been rather unexpected, which I think is rare for a TV show. Finale for this is on Tuesday and it looks like it’s going to be amazing.

iZombie - While this latest season hasn’t been quite as strong as those before it, that’s not really he fault of the show runners as I think the issue is iZombie has its limited 13 episode seasons, which is not enough for what it wants to tell the audience. Each episode is crammed full with different story arcs which gradually progress as the season unfolds which it also has to balance with the procedural elements. It does do this very well though, and has done an amazing job for what it’s had to work with. Can’t wait for the 5th (and final) season to unfold.

NCIS LA/Hawaii Five-0 - Still a bit away from the end of these shows respective seasons but I feel both these shows have done great lately, even if they aren’t as good as the aforementioned shows. 5-0 I feel is the better show with more intriguing cases, a bit more chemistry between the cast and a much better season long arc than NCIS. The acting for Five-0 in particular has been incredibly good this season.

11.png

Watching Luke Cage Season 2. In only up to Ep.8, but much better story telling. Mariah Stokes/Dillard, is a bad bad bad lady. Again, I wish Alfre Woodard's appearance in Civil War, was of her character in Luke Cage.

Anyway, nice character building in this one. Back storys and each character and cameos, team ups were pretty good. People flipping the script, betrayal, oh snap moments. Funny dialogue at certain points.

Edit: The actor that plays Bushmaster, should play Tombstone in a Spider-Man movie. Maybe in the Spider-verse one.

Last edited:
I've just watched the 2nd series of Mr Avila (Mexican series with English subtitles on all 4). Mr Avila is a hitman who keeps that world secret from his family.

*possible swearing and adult themes - not sure because my Spanish is rubbish*

Then today I started on The Cleaning Lady (Argentinian with English subtitles on all 4). Rosa is a cleaner who, in the first episode, is tasked with cleaning a murder scene. The synopsis says she becomes a mob cleaner.
My YouTube search for a trailer just brings up a film trailer that seems unrelated.

Recorded a Dirty Harry series marathon on the Tivo and am watching 1 each night this week. So far I'm up to #3, 1976's The Enforcer.

Been watching a few things on netflix lately

Doctor Who - Rewatching certain episodes from S1-6, IMO it was much better when RTD was showrunner and there wasn’t an obvious in-your-face overarching story for each series.

Fast & Furious - Rewatched every Film up to 7, definitely a franchise that has gotten worse as time went on. The first 4 I’d say are decent enough (maybe excluding 2F2F) but Things took a severe turn for the worst with F5. F6 was just ridiculously stupid with some of its stunts and every film just gets worse in that regard.

Hot Fuzz - Can’t get enough of this film. One of the only movies I’ll happily rewatch many times over. Hopefully Shaun of the Dead gets added soon if it hasn’t already.

The IT Crowd - Possibly one of the funniest shows I’ve ever seen. Just reached the end of S3 and have been loving it so far

Back