What are you watching?

• Thread starter Blackbird.
  • 4,842 comments
Letterkenny has been the main thing we have been watching over the last week or two. In the next few days, we will probably have finished all of the episodes that have been released to this point. We have also caught up on Wandavision.

DC Super Hero Girls has added eight more episodes to Netflix, so I powered through them last night. This show has already been one of the funniest and smartest animated shows on TV, but they upped it a notch with a brilliant two-part episode about Ra’s al Ghoul titled “#LeagueOfShadows: Part 1”, and “#LeagueOfShadows: Part 2”. Perfectly written, storyboarded, directed, acted, and sung (each of the two episodes has a song that features as the climax) that is some seriously good TV.

Derry Girls - Netflix

Saw a recommendation on Yahoo for this show so I thought I would check it out and it's pretty funny. I think it's only 2 or 3 seasons though. I'm on episode 5 of season 1 right now.

latest

Letterkenny has been the main thing we have been watching over the last week or two. In the next few days, we will probably have finished all of the episodes that have been released to this point. We have also caught up on Wandavision.

We have watched all of Letterkenny available on Hulu. I will probably go back to watching New Girl and make more progress through it.

Midnight Diner from Netflix.

It's probably the most peaceful Japanese food drama ever. I love everything about it.
There is a movie to boot!

Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade
images

There is a live-action version also but I have never seen the anime version.

There is a movie to boot!
2 movies actually.

The timeline is :
Midnight Diner season 1
Midnight Diner season 2
Midnight Diner season 3
Midnight Diner Movie
Midnight Diner Tokyo Stories S1
Midnight Diner Movie 2
Midnight Diner Tokyo Stories S2

I don't think they're making another one which is a shame.

Godzilla vs. Kong. It's big and dumb and loud and fun. The humans weren't fleshed out very well, and the plot was silly, but who cares?! Lizurd fite Monke!

Recently realized I'm on a bit of a Frank Grillo fest lately. Sometimes intentionally, other times it's "oh, he's in this, too". The algorithms are strong with this one.

I've been watching Cheap Seats, the comedy sports clips review show from ESPN Classic and find the show even funnier than I did as a kid now that I understand more of the references. I checked and this show doesn't seem to be available on any streaming platforms which is quite sad because it was way ahead of its time looking at how many satirical sports reaction channels are popular on the internet now.
Here is a link to a playlist with most of the episodes, hopefully the rest aren't already extinct.

This is more of a 'What Are You Not Watching?' post, but anyway...

I often watch Columbo on a Sunday here in the UK, perfect Sunday afternoon viewing for when you are cleaning the house or making dinner etc.

There's one episode that was in the regular rotation on UK TV, 'The Conspirators'... it's a rare episode where Columbo almost becomes friends with the murder suspect, and they go out drinking together one night. As such, it is something of a fan favourite, even if the acting a bit hammed up in places.

Anyway, in the last couple of months it has mysteriously vanished from the rotation... and I think I know why. The murderer is, in fact, a gun runner for the IRA - the Irish Republican Army - and currently tensions in Northern Ireland are running high because of Brexit, among other things. I don't think it is a coincidence that the only Columbo episode to reference 'Sinn Fein' and the IRA has suddenly vanished.

This kind of thing tends to happen quite alot in the UK - episodes that reference 'sensitive' topics get pulled, sometimes to never be seen again. I hope that isn't the case with 'The Conspirators' - I mean, it's not as if someone is going to be watching Columbo some Sunday afternoon while cooking a Sunday roast, see 'The Conspirators' and suddenly feel the need to join a paramilitary organisation. I guess some people might be offended by the references to the IRA, but then again, Columbo is a series which involves someone getting murdered right at the start of the episode... every. single. time.... so it's not like Columbo fans are an especially sensitive bunch.

Army of the Dead

Snyder gives me the confidence that I can be a film director too.

Last edited:
Don't do this to me :lol:

I've been watching it by release order.

I was curious. I have only watched the series through once and I watched it chronologically, so I have no way to say one way or the other which is better. However, I do know that the series is awesome and cannot recommend it enough.

Have you watched Rebels?

Have you watched Rebels?

No I decided to skip it. I was lining up a Star Wars marathon for end of June as a celebration of a personal milestone, so I decided to check out Clone Wars to see if I could tie it in with the movies and I was immediately hooked.

Forget the movies, I'm watching the show through and through :lol:

Last edited:
No I decided to skip it. I was lining up a Star Wars marathon for end of June as a celebration of a personal milestone, so I decided to check out Clone Wars to see if I could tie it in with the movies and I was immediately hooked.

Forget the movies, I'm watching the show through and through :lol:

Rebels is absolutely worth watching after The Clone Wars.

F9

By the numbers, pun intended. These flicks were never good but at least when Paul Walker was alive he would audition some interesting cars to be put on screen.

iCarly (2021 reboot)
ICarly 2021 reboot logo.png

Yep, unless you have been living under a rock, the iconic 2007 Nickelodeon sitcom that foreshadowed (and inspired) the live-streaming era is back with a more adult tone on Paramount+ (make sense since both Nick and P+ are owned by VIACOM) with new eps coming every Thursday night per season and the 1st 3 eps already available! 😁

Just ended watching all the new 3 eps and... yep, another victim of the overhype, but not like Cyberpunk 2077 or the Friends reunion. The iCarly reboot on its first steps its great on its own, the biggest differences between the new iCarly vs. the old one is not only the more adult tone the series has (justified since all the actors and fans have grown up and wanted to do it that way), but also how iCarly is now made, the show is no longer its own webpage, but rather now an Instagram-live show with Carly being an influencer (but a nice one thankfully), also, it has much modern environment rather than the classic look of the OG one, and it regards now on a more satirical humor towards modern Internet culture and the classic Millennials vs. Gen Z fight, overall, great reboot, just with a few observations like Sam's absence (explained in the pilot and justified IRL) and the newbie Millicent, but again, it's a promising start! Curious to see where Nickelodeon and Paramount+ are going to take the reboot on the next eps, and they are going to bring old characters back alongside the already confirmed ones (Nora Derschlit already appeared in ep 2! Nevel Peppermint could be next) 😁

I did the logo if you ask, not officially though, I just vectorized it, alongside a special .com version nodding the OG iCarly. You can download both on Seeklogo.com!

Last edited:
After initially being lukewarm on season 1 and only making it a few episodes into season 2 before getting sidetracked, I recently returned to BoJack Horseman and finished it. Very glad I did, incredible show.

Last edited:
Back