What are you watching?

• Thread starter Blackbird.
  • 4,832 comments
In memory of Grant Imahara, engineer, Mythbuster and former BattleBots roboteer/judge:

Woke up and saw this on my Facebook feed. Absolutely devastating and can happen to literally anyone at any time. One of my mom's teacher friends from work years ago was a healthy guy in his 60s and one day playing tennis he just fell over and died from an aneurysm

Binge watched the entire season 2 of Making of the Mob: Chicago this weekend.

This week or next weekend, I'll watch season 1 New York.

I was too young to watch this and i guess wouldn't care for it then....

from time to time, i hear the name "twin peaks" come up during the late 90s... but never knew what it was about...

So this past weekend, i decided to give it a go and check it out:
twin_peaks_tv_series-401853658-large.jpg

Surprisingly it is quite good... i now understand why this TV Shows, which i thought it was a movie, was the talk of the town!

I never realized how old it is:
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/08/arts/television/twin-peaks-anniversary.html

I am surprised at myself for liking this show...

if just like me, you dont know what Twin Peaks is about,

Spoiler:
It is a murder mystery TV shows made by the brilliant and controversial David Lynch

I started watching "Cobra Kai" on Netflix last night...

... it so obviously designed for my generation - a full-on nostalgia trip for folks who grew up watching the Karate Kid movies (well, the first one anyway), and it is somewhat contrived. But... it is brilliant. It is extremely funny but not in a slapstick way.

Highly recommended, esp. if you are around 45 years old.

I started watching "Cobra Kai" on Netflix last night...

... it so obviously designed for my generation - a full-on nostalgia trip for folks who grew up watching the Karate Kid movies (well, the first one anyway), and it is somewhat contrived. But... it is brilliant. It is extremely funny but not in a slapstick way.

Highly recommended, esp. if you are around 45 years old.

I watched the first season on YouTube Red. I enjoyed it for what it was and wanted to watch the second season, but never noticed when it was released. I plan on watching it sometime in the near future.

Binged the last season of Carmen Sandiego on Netflix. Very well done, very satisfying ending.
I also finished season three of Star Trek: Discovery. A fun show. The battle in the turbolift in the final episode makes no ****** sense, but otherwise it was very well done with a great story and excellent acting.

My best friend will be stopping by my place tomorrow so we can start on WandaVision.

Last edited:
With Covid, 2020 was the year i made my money's worth of Netflix subscription, and watched so many good movies and shows and series that i would not have otherwise...

but surprisingly, i didn't watch as much as i did a few years ago when my first daughter was born...

Anyhow, just tonight,

I watched 2 episodes of the 3rd season of Cobra Kai...
960x0.jpg

I am hooked, and i dont want it to end.... i can't wait to see what 4th season will be....

Then i just watch Outside the Wire...
currently on #1 spot of most watched... surprisingly good...

maxresdefault.jpg

EDIT: there are a few spot during the film, i kind of found awkward... the way the rookie reacted on several instances... didn't make sense why he would behave like that...

I may need to watch it a second time to digest it...

Last edited:
I’ve been loving WandaVision on Disney+. It’s a brilliant concept, expertly executed. The introduction of
Darcy Lewis and Jimmy Woo
in episode four has been such a hit, Disney is taking pitches for an X-Files style series featuring those two.

On a recommendation from a Spanish friend of mine, I started watching 'The Taco Chronicles' on Netflix last night.

I only watched one episode, on Asada tacos, and boy did it make me want to eat tacos/visit Mexico... it also made me feel bad for having a rubbish dinner when I could have made something like this.

On a recommendation from a Spanish friend of mine, I started watching 'The Taco Chronicles' on Netflix last night.

I only watched one episode, on Asada tacos, and boy did it make me want to eat tacos/visit Mexico... it also made me feel bad for having a rubbish dinner when I could have made something like this.

I may have to watch that. I love tacos.

Iv'e been going through an Israeli phase on Netflix. It started with Fauda - a very well made 3 season series about the Israeli undercover anti-terrorism squad. Very exciting, tense, well acted & "balanced" (relatively) view of the Palesianain/Israeli conflict. I would highly recommend this to anyone who likes political/action thrillers. I followed this up by watching a couple of other Israeli series, that are decent but not great. Then watched "Unorthodox" about a young woman from the ultra-orthodox community in Brooklyn who makes a bid for freedom - very interesting, if a little far-fetched (it's based on a real story but "dramatically enhanced").

Finally, just finished two seasons of "Shtisel", a brilliant series following the lives of an ultra orthodox Jewish family in Jerusalem. Slow moving, but totally absorbing drama, superbly written & acted. It's one of those series where it becomes impossible to believe the cast is actually "acting" - it seems so real. Seeing the actors in their real life personas is shocking. Highly recommended for those who have the patience to become invested in the storyline.

I may have to watch that. I love tacos.

I started watching the series and have watched the entirety of Volume 1, along with one episode of Volume 2.

After years of avoiding it I finally binge watched the first 2 seasons of the Soprano's with the wife! Wow this show is wicked and i'm so annoyed at myself for avoiding it for so long.. but the upside is I still have 4 seasons to go 👍

the-sopranos-1200.jpg

This show is really good for characters and crazy story lines, Tony and his shrink and uncle junior and Tony's mum make for crazy altercations haha :lol: I'm totally hooked ;) Off to watch season 3 👍

Last edited:
Back