What aspect of GT will be improved the most on PS4?

• Thread starter Earth
  • 22 comments
I rate since the PS4's architecture is way easier to work with, we can expect heavy lighting improvements, advanced weather, more depth within vehicle paints etc

Heck, maybe even reduced production times for a car to make it into GT. Right now the Premium cars in GT6 are PS4 ready in my opinion with improved textures.

I rate since the PS4's architecture is way easier to work with, we can expect heavy lighting improvements, advanced weather, more depth within vehicle paints etc

Heck, maybe even reduced production times for a car to make it into GT. Right now the Premium cars in GT6 are PS4 ready in my opinion with improved textures.
Premiums are ready for next-gen, PD has said as much. I'd like to see the focus on the game itself, career modes, social interaction, race organization, AI improvement, damage and options, options, options. The prettiest graphics in the world, some new laser scanned tracks, 27 types of birds and 3 species of ground squirrel, will not be enough to overcome the terrible game that surrounds them.

Premiums are ready for next-gen, PD has said as much. I'd like to see the focus on the game itself, career modes, social interaction, race organization, AI improvement, damage and options, options, options. The prettiest graphics in the world, some new laser scanned tracks, 27 types of birds and 3 species of ground squirrel, will not be enough to overcome the terrible game that surrounds them.

Completely agree, it's not about the graphics, it's that this game is not a game

They will probably use all the ps4 power on graphics, so we will have bad sounds, 8 cars grid and bad fps.

They will probably use all the ps4 power on graphics, so we will have bad sounds, 8 cars grid and bad fps.

Remember how smooth GT3 & 4 was in races AND replays? Who's to say that they won't do it for PS4? With what Devs have been doing with games so far on the system has left me gobsmacked so far. I've faith in PD, particularly since they've decided to listen now.

I expect GT6 car graphics (maybe slightly better) with anti-aliasing at least as good as GT5, 16 car grids and (maybe) some upgraded track graphics + a load of upgraded/new cars and a load of new tracks.

I really, really hope they flesh out A-spec and incorporate a decent B-spec at launch, however.

Remember how smooth GT3 & 4 was in races AND replays? Who's to say that they won't do it for PS4? With what Devs have been doing with games so far on the system has left me gobsmacked so far. I've faith in PD, particularly since they've decided to listen now.
I agree with you, but their last 2 games made me pessimist.
I still get impressed when I play GT4, really smooth and beautiful game for its time.

I expect GT6 car graphics (maybe slightly better) with anti-aliasing at least as good as GT5, 16 car grids and (maybe) some upgraded track graphics + a load of upgraded/new cars and a load of new tracks.

I really, really hope they flesh out A-spec and incorporate a decent B-spec at launch, however.
I agree with you, but their last 2 games made me pessimist.
I still get impressed when I play GT4, really smooth and beautiful game for its time.

I just expect an upgraded GT6 engine with beefed up textures and lighting. Also more debree and what not on the track with dirt affecting the cars. The GT6 engine has power but the PS3 doesn't do it any justice, remember we're working with 7 year old hardware.

Personally, I would rather have a good selection of 300 premium cars, good sounds, better AI, damage and solid 60fps.
On GT5 and GT6, it feels they tried to achieve something beyond ps3 capabilities, so it feels an unbalanced game to me.
Hopefully, they will make a good use of the ps4 power.

Personally, I would rather have a good selection of 300 premium cars, good sounds, better AI, damage and solid 60fps.
On GT5 and GT6, it feels they tried to achieve something beyond ps3 capabilities, so it feels an unbalanced game to me.
Hopefully, they will make a good use of the ps4 power.
DriveClub has quite a list of commendable features..but..and it's a big butt...they can only do this with 30fps. Only reason I point that out is to illustrate that although the PS4 is much more powerful than the PS3, that power is not unlimited. Can PD do everything that DriveClub is attempting to do and achieve 60fps, with 16 cars on track, advanced AI and standing starts and qualifying in A-Spec mode? Given what I've seen so far, I think it's far from a piece of cake and sacrifices will have to be made somewhere, just like on the PS3.

So as you say they tried to push the PS3 beyond it's capabilities, and IMO, the same is possible quite easily with the PS4. In the immortal words of Clint Eastwood:

DriveClub has quite a list of commendable features..but..and it's a big butt...they can only do this with 30fps. Only reason I point that out is to illustrate that although the PS4 is much more powerful than the PS3, that power is not unlimited. Can PD do everything that DriveClub is attempting to do and achieve 60fps, with 16 cars on track, advanced AI and standing starts and qualifying in A-Spec mode? Given what I've seen so far, I think it's far from a piece of cake and sacrifices will have to be made somewhere, just like on the PS3.

So as you say they tried to push the PS3 beyond it's capabilities, and IMO, the same is possible quite easily with the PS4. In the immortal words of Clint Eastwood:

Lets hope they do the right choices 👍

Damn.... DriveClub is gonna be heavy. Gonna have to save harder for that PS4. GT I still like you though

DriveClub has quite a list of commendable features..but..and it's a big butt...they can only do this with 30fps. Only reason I point that out is to illustrate that although the PS4 is much more powerful than the PS3, that power is not unlimited. Can PD do everything that DriveClub is attempting to do...?
Frankly, I hope not. In fact, I'm really baffled why Evo Studios feels the need to model the mites and their feeding habits on each of those thousand-plus flamingos - slight exaggeration, but I think you get my point. Some of what Evo is doing makes me want to cheer, but other things make me want to grab the project manager by the collar and ask him what the hell they were thinking. Besides the flocks of individual flamingos, there are the tracks with more than a million trees, the terrain being drawn and rendered out to 200km, and other things that seem like not just overkill, but megadeath. While doing things no other dev has tried before is awesome and all, this has to hurt performance.

Some of that gung ho, "Let's recreate reality!" attitude is just fantastic, and I do appreciate it. But I have to think that if some things were curtailed or simplified or even smothered by some effect, not even the most anal pixel counter would notice.

Some of that stuff in GT7 would be outstanding, like volumetric generated clouds. Half a million penguins in Antarctica... NO. As I said in the multiclass racing thread, tune the game with a baseline target of 24 cars on track with everything running, and get it to run at around 60fps at 1080p.

I wouldn't mind 8 cars on track with full lighting and texture effects on track and car(in and on my car. The opponent cars can be watered down) and continuous 60fps in race and replay with 1080p. I wouldn't mind 720p because with my eyes I can't tell much of a difference between 720p and 1080p.

For graphics, PoDi are absolutely brillant, I totally trust them.
GT6 is gorgeous. Just look at the real / virtual comparative, it's just amazing. I can't imagine result of GT7.

For improvements, let's face it:

- IA
Let's be honest, until today, next-gen games showed no change. Theoretically, AI is good in GT6, it just slow, sometimes too much for confirmed players. It would be nice that we can choose the difficulty.

- Damage.
Apart from better textures, don't expect too much.

- Framerate.
Normally, it should be 60 fps constant whatever the situation. But if PoDi becomes greedy, you can still have framerate drops. But I'm confident, they are the only AAA to offer the 1440x1080p, 50/60fps on PS3. Seen with the result, it's an achievement.

Last edited:
I just want to know when GT6 will be on the PS4? Got a PS4 at Christmas and it's still in its box...oops
Can't see if anyone has asked this question yet, but this is the closest one to it.

Answered in a recent interview

What aspects of Gran Turismo will improve with the next generation of consoles, beyond the graphics? There is something that has never been possible to do so far and that future hardware will allow?

yet I can not go into details, but it was hard to develop on PS3: you do not have enough memory to do whatever you want. Our goal has always been to preserve the feeling of Gran Turismo, but with the last chapter we faced limitations. With the PlayStation 4 we have much more memory: we can exploit it easily, inserting elements that we had to force or hold on PS3. There will be more graphics, more physical, more AI, more online.

http://www.quattroruote.it/news/vid...o_le_parole_del_creatore_di_gran_turismo.html

One thing I was counting on, but it's good to read some confirmation:

Many fans continue to demand a management system for damage and realistic detail: will GT7 change anything?
Damage is part of the physics of the game. In the future, we will definitely continue working to improve the system. (slight editing)

Graphics, AI, physics and online are the main things they will improve. No surprise in the interview :)

I noticed it too :

What will be the most important and distinctive feature of Gran Turismo 7?
(Laughs) I can not answer yet, we are planning big updates for GT6 to be launched soon. GT7, of course, is a title faithful to the spirit of the series.

Back