What car did everyone start with?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Muzik33
  • 80 comments
  • 5,450 views
Messages
14
Messages
Muzik33
Im having a hard time picking out a car, i want to pick a car i can get the most bang for my buck for (like anyone else!) suggestions anyone?
 
I bought co-karting car for 5000 and did some karting events. After that I bought Ford Mustang Mach 1 which is excellent car for many events (from beginners to professionals) when full tuned and with all tarmac tires.

Even B-spec driver manages do proper job with that. If you like FR cars with raw power and are able to control it good, it's excellent choise.
I went to win Professional series Gran Turismo Worldchampionship with it and it was really easy win... :D
 
A mazda miata from the used car lot. Then go run a few races and head into special events to make some good amount of credits.
 
i got the mazda rx-7 and still use it alot for drifting and it proved useful in alot of events, not a good car for b spec tho as the driver is a total idiot and drifts it off every corner
 
I bought a used MX-5 S-Special in green. It's served me well, won quite a few races now. It's now my tuning project although with 250hp it's fairly lairy!
 
i bought a new Miata Eunos Roadster. Hopefully I spelled that correctly. I actually never really used it till later in the game, but by then i had fully upgraded it to 244hp and 840kg.
used it in the roadster challenge, the miata challenge, teh FR challenge. Pretty useful, and when fully upgraded, EXTREMELY fast
 
I started with buying a new Mazda mx-5 for 19k and then some tuning parts (don't remember what) for 1k. All 20k spent, so I got the "penniless" trophy :)
 
new honda civic in black (not tuned yet)
 
Honda EK9, or Civic Type R (EK) (in-game name)
 
S14 Silvia Q's was my first car. I bought it because:

a) I saw too many people buying MX5's and didn't want to be a sheep.
b) To re-create my favourite driving car in my GT4 tuning garage (GME), the 270NA.

It's sitting comfortably in the garage until I get more money to do it up. :)
 
i started with a mazda familia sport thingy 170bhp. not a bad little car.
 
How did you people even start with these cars?

I had a choice of 4 used cars because you only start with 20,000 and at level 0. There were only 4 used cars I could actually buy. As for new cars, well, very few of those and certainly no decent ones. Really just Suzuki and Daihatsu is all I could afford or a bottom end Toyota Vitz.

And it's the same whenever I've started a new game with a new profile to do the birthday thing.

What gives?
 
+1 for a used mx-5.

Not the best option, but not bad either.
 
I started with a '97 Civic Type R (EK) and with a minor tune I have won every race that I entered it in. 👍

I can't say the same with my B-Spec drive in the same car. :crazy:
 
Last edited:
civic type r. should have tons of potential when its tuned
 
A standard 1998 Honda Civic Type R from the used lot, before realising that i could have got a Premium 1997 Civic Type R from the dealership ^^.

Ended up buying the premium later and eventually tuned it up to 400bhp, pretty nice car though suffers from understeer and lack of traction off the mark (due to being front wheel drive). I won the expert series japanese championship with it, along with a few of the earlier stuff.

Thing is with GT5 is that you get cars really easy, i got a bunch of cars from just doing licenses.
 
Mitsubishi FTO GR '97

I bought because it had the best power to weight ratio out all the avalible cars, plus with the change i could add even more power.

theres no point going for handling early on, increasing the cars power is a far more cost effective route to easily winning every race at the start of the game.
 
Honda Civic Type R :)

^ This guy. Seemed the best of the Premiums that I could afford and were level 0. Ran it in the beginner(?) and amateur(?) series so far and won races in both (untuned). Think it was the FF challenge and the Clubman cup championship. Corners really well stock, but struggles on the straights.
 
Well I got mine from HMV so mine are Stealth Audi R10 and Stealth Honda NSX GT500A but my first bought car was a 1992 Honda Civic. 1 year younger than I am and a good little car.
 
How did you people even start with these cars?

I had a choice of 4 used cars because you only start with 20,000 and at level 0. There were only 4 used cars I could actually buy. As for new cars, well, very few of those and certainly no decent ones. Really just Suzuki and Daihatsu is all I could afford or a bottom end Toyota Vitz.

And it's the same whenever I've started a new game with a new profile to do the birthday thing.

What gives?

Exactly. I had to get either a white MX-5 or some kei car box. I was hoping to be able to do some licences first to advance the days on a bit and refresh the used lot, but oh no, I need a car to do licence tests? Pish.

Ended up having to get the MX5 (I like to start with an FR) then never used it, golded B licence and used the prize car from that. Useful for the MX5 race later on at least...
 
Civic Type R Premium, Not a bad little car. fast enough for all the starting races.
 
^ You could have afforded a "new" Premium Honda Civic Type R (1997 model) that has around 180 hp if I'm remembering correctly. Cost = 19,980 credits.
 
^ You could have afforded a "new" Premium Honda Civic Type R (1997 model) that has around 180 hp if I'm remembering correctly. Cost = 19,980 credits.

Didn't even think for a second that a 'new' car would be affordable. Forgot that Premium doesn't mean new...:dunce:
 
Suzuki Swift Sport. A gd starter, 4 b spec as well!
 
Back