What Car Has The Best Sound

• Thread starter Quattro
  • 214 comments
RX-7 RS/RZ unmodded all the way...just listen to it...meow

plus i think adding mufflers degrade the sound, thus unmodded is the best...

i thought gt3 used real car sounds, how come the c5r doesn't have a deep low revving throaty sound, to me it kinda sounds a bit v6ish. cause if ya compare the c5r in real life to the one in the game they sound like 2 completely different cars.:irked:

Originally posted by ND4SPD
i thought gt3 used real car sounds, how come the c5r doesn't have a deep low revving throaty sound, to me it kinda sounds a bit v6ish. cause if ya compare the c5r in real life to the one in the game they sound like 2 completely different cars.:irked:
i think thats a volume problem with a lot of cars. since they are all reduced to the same volume, the sounds are distorted. a c5r at full blast may sounds awesome but if you were able to decrease the volume on a real thing then it may sound different.

and i don't think turning the sound up on the tv quite does it justice...

I like the F094/h just because it is so distinct... you can hear it over all the other cars if you rev in the starting grid of a race.

Best sounding solo is probably the RUF RGT though... purrrr

In GT3 I wouldn't know which to pick... the 328i fully tuned perhaps? I haven't played the game in a while so I can't remember any good ones.
In GT2 I loved the Delta HF Integrale Collezione, fully tuned that baby would give me goosebumps. :D
In GT1, the car that sounds off in the intro movie right when the Gran Turismo logo forms... sounds so sweet! :cool:

Originally posted by Sleek Stratos
In GT1, the car that sounds off in the intro movie right when the Gran Turismo logo forms... sounds so sweet! :cool:
YES YES YES YES YES!!!!! :D i thought i was the only one. i must have restarted my playstation like a million times just to hear that. its some kind of nismo or something, i didn't really pay attention to what it was, it just sounded like a dream ;)

👍 sleek

:sly: Well...
I always did like that engine sound, since I still haven't gotten GT3 from a friend of mine and I lent GT2 to one of my cousins, I've been playing GT1 to soothe me a little, and in that process I rediscovered that glorious sound. I never knew it was Nismo though, that's pretty cool.

Originally posted by IntegraToaster
i would have to say the vanquish! Nothing like a v12 to wake you up!

Actually not true. As an ex-owner of a Jaguar XJ-S V12, I can attest that of all the cars I've ever owned, this one was the most boring sound-wise, even when flooring it at any speed (though the kick-downs were impressive). I've had one friend race one (quite modified), and still, the sound was really lame.

Now, a Ferrari motor sings well to your senses and a Lamborghini does howl through your bones, but not all V12's are alike, just like most other engines for that matter, be it 16, 12, 10, 8, 6, 5, 4 or 3 cylinders!:) As personal favorites, I was quite found of the sound my 1972 Triumph TR6 made, sweetest straight 6 I've ever heard.

Back on topic...... Haven't actually gone through all the cars yet, but thus far, I am somewhat disappointed by a few of the sounds. I guess I don't yet have a favorite.:D

Have your Play2 running through a stereo and drive around in a stock Z06 for a while with the bass on your stereo turned up a bit.

Although I consider myself anti-american and anti-grip driving, that is one machine that I can appreciate.

Just cruising around the track in it with a steering wheel, and under those circumstances makes you feel like it's yours.

As for what cars sound the best...

Several cars come to mind, but specifically, the denso, calsonic, oreca, diablo, c5r, zonda race, and about a dozen others... all are great sounding. ****, I would give anything to hear that sound comin from my camry. :lol:
... Later.

btw, streetfighter, what do you mean, by "I consider myself anti-american" ? (just cars in gt3, cars in life, or something bigger than cars all together?)

Originally posted by Quattro
What car do you guys think that has the best sound...

For me it would be something like a TVR griffith 500 or a
Aston Martin V12 Vanquish

What's yours..:D

Let me know...

Cya

Steve
As for me, the sweetest sound comes from the voice of the 787B.There's just not another who can blow quite such a sonorous note.

Originally posted by Exoticar
Now, a Ferrari motor sings well to your senses and a Lamborghini does howl through your bones, but not all V12's are alike
no all v12s are alike true. and i heard a vanquish a few days ago, it sounded AWFUL!!!! :(
a 355 V8 is a beautiful sound, truly. but a 360's V8 is like a loud scooter, its disgraceful in my opinion :D

since this isn't a real car thread i wont carry on :P

Originally posted by Sleek Stratos

I used to love that sound!!! It was always "Shut up! the engine is about go to!" :lol:

Back