What Car Has The Best Sound

• Thread starter Quattro
  • 214 comments
the db7 vantage on a quiet track from outside with long gears is amazing, the cobra has the best idle noise (turn the volume up), fiat coupe turbo has a nice noise but overall the gt40 is my favorite especially the downshifts.:P

Originally posted by BadBatsuMaru
Driftster:

So, you're going to stick to your position that a V-8 engine sounds the same as two I-4 engines? In that case, I'll just have to assume you're completely deaf.

I don't have any interest in talking to you. I just think it's sad that you speak with such authority that people may actually think you know what you're talking about. Every post you make only serves to make everybody who reads it dumber. It's sad. Please stop saying things if you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

Bad, what purpose did that post serve? Infantile comments on your part do nothing to aid your argument. Like it or not true dual v8's, alot of them tend to sound nasty and raspy, like ricers.

This argument about the Escudo goes far... I believe there were two variations on the Escudo. The old one had two TT V6's, and the later model has one TT V6!

Now "The Monster" had the Cultus Pikes Peak before that...

now, back OT, I like the Impreza's sounds sans exhaust. Also, the Falcoln XR8 sounds pretty cool, turn up your woofers...

Originally posted by Impreza STi
This argument about the Escudo goes far... I believe there were two variations on the Escudo. The old one had two TT V6's, and the later model has one TT V6!

Now "The Monster" had the Cultus Pikes Peak before that...

Posted by Famine, not so long ago...
As someone else said, Monster's old car (1989-1993) - the Suzuki Cultus (Baleno in Europe) - had a pair of V6s front and rear mated to a single gearbox. The previous Suzuki Escudo/Grand Vitara Monster used was also a twin engine (1994-1995), but he changed in 1996 to a single engine - for reliability and engineering issues. Ironically after a win and a 2nd in the twin engine one, the only one he ever DNFed in was the single engine car! The one in GT3 is from 1997/1998 - the single engined one (which curiously never won... I wonder why we can't have the winner in GT3 instead ).

Already said that! :D

It's a vastly overlooked model (perhaps deservedly so), but the Panoz Esperante has got the most otherworldly engine noise in the game, methinks. Fully suped, it sounds like fifteen different cars at once, with - I swear - human voices in the mix. Almost creepy.

Listen closely.

I dont know Atomic Wedgie personally I would rather hear nails on a chalkboard the listen to and Panoz Esperante in an Endurance Race.

Well as for the Escudo, no where in GT3 did it say what year Escudo it was, which was pretty much the only diferentiating factor in the 2.......As for the best overall car sound..hasta be the Speed 12 or the Vantage..

I never stated that the Esperante engine noise is ideal for curing insomnia, but it is remarkably complex and interesting...

For short periods, admittedly. Last time I ran with it, I did three laps at Deep Forest in Arcade mode, and I was tired of it by the end.

But then, the 787B is equally impressive and equally irritating.

Originally posted by delucani
The Gt40

Originally posted by delucani
I dont know Atomic Wedgie personally I would rather hear nails on a chalkboard the listen to and Panoz Esperante in an Endurance Race.

huh? first u say u like the gt40's engine sound then u say u dont like the esperante's but they sound exact;y the same go listen to them:lol:

Originally posted by Driftster
Well as for the Escudo, no where in GT3 did it say what year Escudo it was, which was pretty much the only diferentiating factor in the 2...

Actually, it does. The car files on the disc say "escudo_pikespeak_00" (to go with "_787b_91" for example).

No Battlebots, sorry. The name came about because I started GT3 with a Vitz Euro, and got the idea of signing all my track record times "The Wedgie". You figure out why. I graduated to Atomic when I got my first Tuscan - my favorite car in the game - at about 15%. It just stuck. Actually, I started all this "Atomic Wedgie" bosh just a little later, as I remember being "Tuscan Raider" for a time.

Yeah, all I know about Battlebots is that, like Junkard wars, it comes in an American version and a Brit version, and the Brit version was hosted by Craig Charles; a.k.a. Lister from Red Dwarf. Oddly enough, Junkyard Wars U.K. is hosted by Robert Llewellyn; a.k.a. Kryten from Red Dwarf.

No word yet on whether the red Dwarf character Lister was named after the British racing developers, though. Dave "Storm" Lister. Hah! Zero-Gee racing!

So, I assume there's some sort of head cheese on Battlebots that's called "A.W."?

But here's a question for you... Was Kryten (Kryten 2X4B-523P, to give him his full name) named after the annoying large robot in the 3rd series of "Buck Rogers in the 24th Century"?

Originally posted by Mustang_lover
Cars in Gt Dont backfire, It would be cool though if they did
I don't know if you have seen this yet or not, but here it is anyway. It looks like the real deal. Notice the flame reflections on the ground?
GT-R_GT4.jpg

Originally posted by Mephis
787b, duh its the best sounding at idle and downshifting and even high rpm's, live long The legacy of Mr. Wankel does.

It's Dr. Wankel, right? So many web sites spell it Dr. Wankle. So what the hell is it really? Mr.,or Dr., Wankel, or Wankle. Let's just call the whole thing off.

Wankel. Pronounced with a "V" at the start.
Edit: And I'm sure at the time he created it, he was a Dr.

I'd always assumed Kryten to be a futuristic-y spelling iteration on Crichton, as in the author. No word on how I came to that conclusion, though. maybe I'd read somewhere than one or other unit of the Grant/Naylor gestalt had once had a cat named Crichton or whatnot. Anyway, wasn't the bot also named "Crichton"?

Seriously, the things our moplike brains scrape up from the great unwashed floor of trivial obscurity.

Back