What cars did you use for seasonal event 7?

• Thread starter Sandy106
  • 207 comments
For the FR races, i used the Amuse Nismo 380S Super Leggera. great car. For the 4WD races, i used the Citroen C4 WRC 08. Another great car. Really, though, both of these cars made the races too easy. if u want a challange, try differnt cars than these. If u want to blow the race out quickly and keep it moving, go ahead with these two cars because they are fun to use to ring out great lap times.

FF - TRD Modellista Celica (Stock w. 192 hp/Sports hard) - Great car, although no challenge. Ended up in first within a couple of laps.

FR - Miata 1.8 RS (Fully tuned w. 200 hp/Sports hard) - Built the car for the B-Spec Miata endurance and wanted a reason to drive it. Great handling car, and was able to out corner the pack, just had to watch it on the long straights as their extra hp meant they caught up pretty quick.

AWD - Subaru 22b (Stock w. 300 hp/Sports hard) - Just picked it up and wanted to try it out. Great race, especially on Laguna seca where its handling really made a difference. Again, watch out for the straights as the competition really pulls on you.

Did the Rome 4wd challenge today with a completely stock Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X GSR PP '07 (307 HP) with the stock sports hard tires it came with for a bit of a challenge. I finished first by utilizing the corners for passing, then blocking on the straights (had to do a lot of blocking because this car was seriously under powered considering the AI competition, they were constantly breathing down my neck).

Yesterday I did the the 4WD Challenge with the stock RUF CTR2 '96. That was loads of fun! Finished first without much of a problem.

I'm off to try out an under powered stock Skyline in this event now (probably the Skyline GT-R V spec II (R32) '94. Only 296 HP). :)

For gods sake guys stop saying "If you want a challenge try this with ABS @ 1" How about if you want a challenge, take the Mazda Roadster around cape ring on sports hard tyres with no aids including no ABS! Anyone who drives with ABS:1 is just copping out of driving without it on, strap on a pair and turn ABS off!

It is nearly impossible to modulate the brakes properly without pedal feedback, or even worse, with a DS3 controller!

Very few road cars even have the option to disable ABS, unlike TCS which most cars have some form of defeat (although many leave it on at a lower level, similar to leaving TCS at 1 in the game).

MM-R Cup car was fun in the FF challenges, but not too hard. I might tune up an old school mini and try that.

Still trying to decide what 4wd car to use top contenders (have to find most in UCD):
Delta HF Integrale Rally car @ 287hp /1120kg (only one I currently own)
Ford RS200 (non rally) @ 250hp/1180kg
Mitsu CZ-3 Tarmac @ 242hp/1200kg
Peugeot 205 Turbo 16 (non rally) @ 203hp/1145kg
Daihatsu Storia X4 @ 120hp/840kg

Lower on the list get more mods to make it happen. We will see how it goes.

I'll never understand why people insist on telling others how to play a game. What driving aids someone else chooses really doesn't make any differance to me. I've gone full hardcore no aids at times and run just about every combination of aids on or off depending on the game at hand and what I wanted from it. I've raced online in various games for 10+ years as well as racing offline for longer. I started playing racing games when the 1st generation of video racing games came out. It is just a game and games are for having fun. How you have fun may not be the same as how I have fun and I'm OK with that.

All I'm saying is if people want to make the race a challenge why not switch off ABS and fine tune a bit of extra skill into their driving instead of just driving a slower car?

Learning to drive without ABS is really useful for driving with ABS, it helps you understand how to brake and what is happening when you brake. I'm only trying to help others improve their own abilities ... Was just a thought.

frontrunner I'm not insisting on telling people how to play their own game, I found driving without ABS a good learning curve so I'm just trying to share that with everyone else.

For the FWD races: Seat Ibiza, Mazda Familia and Alfa 156, unmodified apart from oil change. Had to fit SH tyres to them all though, I'm not quick enough to get to the front cleanly in such short races with inferior tyres.

For the RWD races, again all stock apart from oil changes: Spoon S2000 road car, MB SL 500 (R129) and Toyota Soarer 2.5, again all with SH tyres - AI cars are running SM but the races are long enough to make them more like races than obstacle courses.

Haven't done the 4WD races yet.

4WD: The Suzuki Swift Rally Car. I'm not sure if it was stock, it was around 300bhp, sports hard tyres.

FF: Ford Focus RS Stock.

FR: Toyota Celica '00 Stock.

FF: Daihatsu OFC-1, 113HP, sports hard.

FR: Beige Volvo Estate with a broken rear window(best car for a seventeen year old), 245hp, sports soft.

4WD: Lancia Delta HF Integrale Evoluzione, 336hp, sports hard.

FF: Fiat 500 fully modded

FR: Suzuki Cappuccino RM

4WD: Alfa Romeo Brerra SS

The Suzuki with 109hp is a riot against the 300hp AI.
Turn off all assists and keep ur foot in it, especially @ Sazuka.

FF- used my birthday car i got today, 78' mitsu mirage hooked up to 145 with a lime green paint job (that's worth at least one hp). Was fun.

Good job on the fiat 500!

1k2go
FF: Fiat 500 fully modded

Old 500 or new 500?

Good choice in the cappuccino, I had a blast with it. I have to admit, on RH tires I had to cheat and cut the chicane at suzuka to get the win. I just don't have the skill yet to pull of the win 100% legit there. Other 2 races were legit, cape ring@ 101 hp.

Last edited:
FF: Tuned Toyota Prius 158hp
FR: Stock Rx8 250hp
4wd: Some 340HP rally car I forget which one

They were all still very easy. Even with me being 100hp down on the top car in the group.

Well I went into the 4WD and it told me there was a HP limit, yet when I hit Garage it told me I could use my huge Mines Skyline. So I used that and trounced the lot!
FF I made it more even and used my mini cooper S,248 HP
FR I used a Gran Turismo 350Z but it was below par, bronze overall, so I went back in with my maserati GT, fabulous car on the cape ring and sounds fantastic.

Well I went into the 4WD and it told me there was a HP limit, yet when I hit Garage it told me I could use my huge Mines Skyline. So I used that and trounced the lot!
FF I made it more even and used my mini cooper S,248 HP
FR I used a Gran Turismo 350Z but it was below par, bronze overall, so I went back in with my maserati GT, fabulous car on the cape ring and sounds fantastic.

The Maserati is the most boring car I've driven on GT5! :P

Yea well we love it. Funny, people are all different

Great fun at Rome in the 4WD challenge. I found out that half the competition uses sports Hard, and half Comfort Soft. I´m, testing a couple of stock+ oil Evo´s at the moment so I used my fave, the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII GSR '03. It´s a bit heavy but it handles wonderfully and sticks very well to the cobbeled roads, even on Comfort Softs.

The race was all about planning ahead as to utilize slip streaming, and to brake late into the corners. The 90 degree lefthander after the big sweeping 180 degree turn is another great place for overtaking, as the AI drives far from what I consider the fastest line.

331 BHP, no aids except ABS, which was set to 1. Comfort Soft. Competition ranges from 382-to 442 BHP.

For now, I had the best fun with these two cars:

FF= MUGEN MOTUL CIVIC Si Race Car '87 226 hp
FR= BMW Concept 1 Series tii '07 300 hp

Thought it funny to try my Suzuki Cappuccino RM, with 133hp, for the FR races... Not as funny as the AI in the game. I won all the 1st time, even with sliding into the sand at Trial Mountain in lap 3, which put me in last. Maybe it's Power to Weight ratio was the trick.

Since the AI cars change each time you enter I find it difficult to figure out a good match. For example in the FF race I enter with a stock Peugeot 207 GTi, too slow, add parts 3 secs off the pace, add more parts still 3 secs behind, add another 10HP = easy win. I HATE this new system... Too much like the BS you go thru in all the A-Spec events, where the AI + rubberbanding makes the race a confusing mess of how much power do I really need.

Hope they return to the old system next week :(

Old 500 or new 500?

Good choice in the cappuccino, I had a blast with it. I have to admit, on RH tires I had to cheat and cut the chicane at suzuka to get the win. I just don't have the skill yet to pull of the win 100% legit there. Other 2 races were legit, cape ring@ 101 hp.

New 500 but I'm going to try the old 500 next.
Also try the Original Mini Cooper.
The cappuccino at Suzuka is a tough well earned grind against the 300hp AI.
Took me 2 attempts to get 1st with all assists off and manual trans. What little power that thing makes is at redline so you really need to ring it out. Great fun!

Tsukuba: Gold with a Prius
Eiger: VW Lupo GT (Prius didn't like the hills)
Trial Mountain: Gold with Prius

To be fair, I had racing slicks on the Prius :dopey:

Back