- 4,680
It's an acquired taste. Either you love it or hate it. I guess I learned to love it after my first WRS when it was the car of the week...NetclashReally, it amazes me how many people have disagreed with eachother concerning the Speed Twelve.
It's an acquired taste. Either you love it or hate it. I guess I learned to love it after my first WRS when it was the car of the week...NetclashReally, it amazes me how many people have disagreed with eachother concerning the Speed Twelve.
tseramedEagle Talon:
-Front wheel drive that makes you want to put a dynamite stick in the engine compartment,
-Absolutely no torque.
-upgrade it with a stage 2 turbo and still can't climb a hill decently.
-Awful looking car.
-Only new car. Can't buy it used.
-Transmision that can't shift decently... You'll get stuck in 3rd gear wondering where is the torque???.
I buyed this car at first because I thought it would be a good contender in those rally races. Although I didn't see it was not the AWD version of the talon. Some people over here in Canada used this car a lot in rally and it was a great car but the front wheel drive version is a big disaster.
DukeThis thread will likely be more harm than good... but carrry on. It would really help if the descriptions were more specific than, say:
That really doesn't get the point across.
I know in GT3 I listened to the popular opinion that the SVT Mustang 'sucked and didn't handle for crap'. So I avoided one of the more fun and definitely the most cost-effective cheap car in the game until I was nearly finished. If I had tried it for myself I wouldn't have missed out on it for so long.
So just a warning to readers of this thread, don't take it as gospel. Try things for yourself anyway - sometimes somebody just can't learn how to work with a car. For another example, I hate understeer but I like the Ruf CTR-2. That's because the understeer is 100% predictable and controllable, and the car is astonishingly fast in between. So adapting to the car means the car doesn't suck; it just requires understanding.
As Ev0 said, it's definitely an aquired taste, I pretty much forced myself to master that car in every GT since it first appeared in GT2. I read things like what SFC_200SX said, it's a waste of 250,000cr and it annoys me because I know how capable this car is. But then I have to remeber how much effort I've taken to unleash that potential. If you can drive it, you love it, if you can't then you won't because not controlling the Speed 12 has a much worse effect than not controlling a fully modded R34, S7, Cien or anything else I've driven so far.NetclashReally, it amazes me how many people have disagreed with eachother concerning the Speed Twelve.
Yoyocrappais anyone else wondering why the Cadillac Cien is so fast but takes so much time between gears?
DukeThat's pretty rich, considering the Yellowbird held the street car lap record at Nurburgring for quite some time.
JetpilotI know this thread is for the cars not to buy but as we're talking handling; theres nothing better for city-courses than an '04 Lotus Elise. I have it fully modded, put racing tires on and the thing absoloutly flies in and out of corners.
G-T-4-FanDid EXACTLY that, and well, IT'S SOOOO MUCH FUN!!It oversteers sometimes, making a spectaculair replay!!
It's like a LM race car ONLY MUCH LIGHTER!!
:tup:
Have you guys noticed that Pagani....eermg......the most expensive one(can't get on the name) If you put an extra stage 3 weight reduction on it, it's like an Elise with Ferrari power!! Now imagine THAT (or even better TRY it) it's VERY fun, but I've also updated the brakes, so it can brake harder, maybe medium racing tyres would be a good idea also?? Or a spoiler for downforce if it's allowed?? I've gotta go now but I certaintly try it:tup:![]()
live4speedYep the Elise is a great car.
viper684Versatile too. I bought the 111R and used it for the Roadster, MR, and British Lightweight races. With few upgrades this car is incredibly quick. 👍
TboneB-spec is great for tuning and evaluating cars.
By watching your car race you can easily see/identify problems and then apply basic tuning meathods to correct them. I have refined my tuning enough to win the Sauber in B-spec using the F-1...even match ...
Your B-spec driver is a good "control" for experimenting with different cars and set-ups. Before you say something is no good- let B-spec try it out...it is multi-talented.
More strictly on topic, don't waste your money on the used SL600, bite the bullet and get the AMG SL65- it is twice the money- but it is at least twice the car...
I also really like the M-5 and all the old muscle cars...add downforce and they are awesome!
utarefsonI am now going to get all those cars on that list.....lol. It's a great challenge taking a "difficult" car and taming it so to speak. That is what I enjoy most in the GT series....making even the worst cars great to drive.
IF you want bad cars try driving the Mercedes-Benz Benz Patent Motor-Wagen around Le Sarthe or anywhere for that matter...he he he..now that is an experience that I will not be repeating soon. I fell asleep.
Netclash-Peugeot 905 Race Car '92
Slow upshifting= loss of power/speed/performance
pmacFTOA lot of people are not taking into account the fact that this game is trying to simulate! A TVR or a RUF IS hard to handle and wheelspins like mad, any car with that sort of power is going to do that! I put all Over/Understeer to 0 as I want to KNOW what it's like to drive these cars. My car is in the game and does feel similair to the real thing!!
Like wise my m8 has an Elise and even playing the game I can see how it feels like his car - nimble, great accelleration and it even feeels light in the game - just as the big mercs etc feel big and lumbering!!
I think the DFP makes a difference tho as you can regulate your throttle and brakes a lot more - even tho the analog sticks are a close second they are not the same....
droneBMW M Coupe '98
- slow acceleration
- pricey once you have all the mods on it
- poor braking ability
FRSTSLR mc laren is awful it has only one purpose in GT4 win the silver arrow championship that's all
brakes are lame and you can't even get the feeling of having 600hp,no wheelspin no oversteer (stock) juste a lame linear acceleration with no feeling of powermaybe it's the way to simulate the automatic transmission ??? lamest car ever anyway... a Toyota MR2 1600 G-Limited supercharger '86 is million times funnier to drive than this thing...
AVOID if not to win the silver arrow challenege.
FRSTSLR mc laren is awful it has only one purpose in GT4 win the silver arrow championship that's all
brakes are lame and you can't even get the feeling of having 600hp,no wheelspin no oversteer (stock) juste a lame linear acceleration with no feeling of powermaybe it's the way to simulate the automatic transmission ??? lamest car ever anyway...