What changes have you noticed since the update (08/01/08)?

• Thread starter Threshold
  • 422 comments
Can someone answer me this....after downloading the new update it showed the jaguar vid with your current car in the background. I turned off my ps3 and returned later to get the full update experience and it showed it just as before. Today I turned it on and its not anywhere...was that a temporary thing??? where or how do I turn it back on?

...because IMO that was a very cool intro. darn.

They give us such a good intro (Finally getting close to GT-Intro expectations) then it only plays once :indiff:

*sniff*

Just have to watch GT3's intro again...

I had it like 3 times now, but not every time. It's more like a random thing with me, don't know about the rest of you.

I guess this is all in my head, but I enjoy the game more now then I did before, it's more... "polished" now. :)

Hi. I don't know if anyone have noticed this. Now you can turn the clutch on/off (G25) just by pressing triangle anytime in the race :)

Last edited:
If you can do an opposite lock in 0.1 of a second, I wouldn't even hesitate to call that cheating; that is if in fact this is really supposed to be a "real driving simulator".

You can do that physically with your pad in 0.1 seconds, but take a look at the front wheels of your car while doing that: They dont move into postion that fast - the steering angle changes as (slow) as a human could manage to do this by actually turning a steering wheel as fast as he can.

Last edited:
Hi. I don't know if anyone have noticed this. Now you can turn the clutch on/off (G25) just by pressing triangle anytime in the race :)

Thats what we G25 users have been doing since GT5P first came out in Japan. :)

i only got to play for a few minutes last night after loading the update, but it seemed like the replay glitch i was experiencing might have been fixed. i'll have to do a few more races tonite to find out for sure -fingers crossed- :D

Guys, did you noticed more smoothness during gameplay? But I see more jaggies when the intro screen comes out and when it takes me to MY PAGE. But since gamplay has a lot less jaggies then before the update I am happy!

I am still pissed that SL55 still the RPM arrow only goes half way!!!

Yes, but now you can hit triangle at any time during the race and swith between clutch or no clutch :) Before you could only do in the beginning of a race.

Before the update you could switch the manual clutch on or off before each corner, people we're doing that in racing, GT Academy and TT's as they couldn't be bothered to downshift in manual or they like left foot braking and wanted the flat shift on the straights. Not sure if you could toggle the clutch in December (only had the pad then) but its been possible for months and would guess its always been like that.

I looked at the SL55 too and the rev counter stops at 12 o clock still.

Last edited:
Mazda RX8 horsepower fixed from 281hp to 250hp; atleast in the JPN version it is.

Still shows up as 281bhp in the UK version and it's actually had a major acceleration increase! Much nicer to drive now, I used to get frustrated because of the acceleration before the update.

Still no word on the new opening video? I miss it already...

To get it, I think you need to disable the opening movie in the 'utility'/'other' settings (that refers to the old opening move available in GTTV) and enable the opening movie in the demo settings. Or maybe it's guarded by one of the other items in the demo settings, I've enabled them all. :)

Hope this helps - I don't know the precise English terms because my PS3 system language is set to German.

Yes, but now you can hit triangle at any time during the race and swith between clutch or no clutch :) Before you could only do in the beginning of a race.

It's always been like that, it never was restricted only to the start of the race.

This is probably the wrong place to post, but I still haven't managed get update yet. Although today it got farther than ever; about sixth the way across the bar.

Is anyone else still haven't difficulties.

This is probably the wrong place to post, but I still haven't managed get update yet. Although today it got farther than ever; about sixth the way across the bar.

Is anyone else still haven't difficulties.

Here is a workaround from Poly..

1. Download up to the Dowload Failed screen.
2. Restart Console.
3. Decline to update when you get to the first update screen
4. Go to 'News' and redownload it from there, it will pick up from the failure.

Well I think I temporarily solved the jaguar opening vid problem...before when it was not showing up my ethernet cable was not plugged into the back and naturally I wouldn't be signed into the network because of this. So, I hooked it up and signed in and it showed it first thing...does anyone else see the vid without their ps3 being set up like mine because I share the E cable with my computer and that would be a bore to switch everytime I wanted to see the new opening :(

I wanted to show my son the new start video, so I switched started the game and the old video came on? I think the fact that a different disc was in the PS3 in the mean time made the difference, he was playing GH3.

I think if you play a different game and then come back to GT5P you get the Jaguar Opening. At least that is what I did and saw it. Maybe a coincidence, but worth a try for someone that wants to see it again.

In my opinion the new update is an improvement. Disconnects are way down. They still exist, but are way down.

The ramming penalties need to be adjusted. When I'm holding my line in a corner, someone t-bones me and I get the ramming penalty, how does that make sense.

With the new tire values, you have to spend more time fine tuning, but I'm actually enjoying the challenge.

Unfortunately, punters are still punters.

Here is a workaround from Poly..

1. Download up to the Dowload Failed screen.
2. Restart Console.
3. Decline to update when you get to the first update screen
4. Go to 'News' and redownload it from there, it will pick up from the failure.

Thanks, I took a while but eventually it worked. I'm loving the new Jag intro. And the new sounds.

I also had a quick go online (my first time ever, got the game a few days ago) on the beginner race around Suzuka. It was madness, I was leading for a large chunk on the first lap. Then I was rammed several times, everyone was off the track, I ended up 5/12.

Last edited:
Disconnects are way down. They still exist, but are way down.
Can't say that I noticed this... in 5 attempts at online races the other night, I had two failures to connect and 1 disconnect during a race - when I was leading :indiff:

One thing I noticed, but it might just be my imagination, but the rear lights of a few cars look different - more realistic, brighter... the Ferrari 512BB for example. Maybe I just didn't notice it before, it's not something I would have thought was that high up on PD's list of things to change!

Can't say that I noticed this... in 5 attempts at online races the other night, I had two failures to connect and 1 disconnect during a race - when I was leading :indiff:

I guess the "kids" found out a way to disconnecting and getting back online without much of a bother (unplug the NW cable drops the connection).

Still shows up as 281bhp in the UK version and it's actually had a major acceleration increase! Much nicer to drive now, I used to get frustrated because of the acceleration before the update.

But problem being it still runs quicker than the DC5 Integra Type R in Suzuka after I checked the time trials, where in real life it laps slower than both a Subaru WRX and DC2 Integra Type R around Tsukuba, let alont a DC5-R. I suppose they just 'fixed' the numbers lol?!

I just spent an hour with the Cappuccino. I had some fun with the little underpowered car, before the update. However, since the update, I am really enjoying the small RWD cars. The new tire physics, weight distribution physics, and of course the new sounds really add excitement to what used to be somewhat humdrum. It's amazing how much little changes can make such a big difference. I haven't been online since the update, but the offline mode is keeping me entertained at the moment. I even started over from scratch, so I could experience it all with the new physics (that, and the update wiped out all my data.)

;)

Back