What changes have you noticed since the update (08/01/08)?

• Thread starter Threshold
  • 422 comments
Im not sure if anyone has noticed this or might just be me. I am a little annoyed at the fact when i bought cars on the game i buy them in order of manufactuer, So basically i had a whole row of the Nissan cars ever single one next to each other this was on the top row, and on the bottom row i had all my Ferarri's exactly next to each other. When I updated the F1 car was in the postion of my R35 which chaged down to the bottom row and my other Skyline was swapped to the right of the row with my Citron C4. I liked to keep my garage in an order and not have cars scattered everywhere and it's a little annoying how it's changed. Must be a bug of course? Has anyone else noticed this? Very minor thing but take a look at your garage places if your organised lol

You can actually hear the turbos in the Nissan GT-R now, I hear it alot during gearshifts in 2P mode. It's the only car I've driven since the update though.

You can always grab one of the 100% done saves. But that would be no fun at all.

That's exactly what I did.

My regular account "Esoterik" will remain there for me to start over from scratch and build everything back up. For now, I downloaded a completed save, and no have everything I had before and then some. This (GTP_Esoterik) is for online racing, whereas my regular account will be for off-line ventures.

As for the update itself. I am quite pleased with the more dynamic engine sounds complete with some gear whine and BOV's. 👍

The new physics feel nothing short of brilliant in comparison. The new tire physics are a big improvement, and the weight of the car seems to play a bigger factor than before. 👍

The addition of events and TV shows to GT-TV is fantastic.

Now we wait for new cars and tracks this fall. Although, I still feel PD could be utilizing some of this work time towards the full game instead of trying to please all of us who bought the glorified demo, by nearly making it a full sized simulation game over months of updates.

;)

At first I find the grippier feel to every vehicle to be rather dissapointing but at the same time when I found the Ford GT to be driveable, that to me is a welcome improvement. Then it occur to me, that if and when the Nordschleife is available in GT5P, it would be anythng but impossible to drive and complete the track in most vehicle in Prologue except for the AWD vehicles. Just imagine driving the impossible to control Ford GT, the Ferrari F40, the Viper or the Z06 through the narrow track and negotiating the 172 corners. I would say the failure rate (to complete a lap) would be in the 90% rate. Right now no tracks in GT5P even approach the Nordschleife.

So..... the game shouldnt be easy, It isnt easy in real life. People would just have to put a little time and effort into it. But I know people dont want to do that because its a "game."

So my question is why cant we have very hard games that take time and effort and also have games where you can jump in and be king of the ring without effort because the cars have supper down force and supper tires?

That's exactly what I did.

My regular account "Esoterik" will remain there for me to start over from scratch and build everything back up. For now, I downloaded a completed save, and no have everything I had before and then some. This (GTP_Esoterik) is for online racing, whereas my regular account will be for off-line ventures.

As for the update itself. I am quite pleased with the more dynamic engine sounds complete with some gear whine and BOV's. 👍

The new physics feel nothing short of brilliant in comparison. The new tire physics are a big improvement, and the weight of the car seems to play a bigger factor than before. 👍

The addition of events and TV shows to GT-TV is fantastic.

Now we wait for new cars and tracks this fall. Although, I still feel PD could be utilizing some of this work time towards the full game instead of trying to please all of us who bought the glorified demo, by nearly making it a full sized simulation game over months of updates.

;)

Ive not long got all the cars in the game legit took me a while mainly consisting of daytona over and over untill i found the speedway f1 race which got me roughtly 40-50k then the f1 online event on london which was ok money for me coming second all the time. I want to try gold every event them time trials are a pain in the backside

@ juice476
So your number one place in all TT arcade and online, yes?
If not however let me say the point is it was not only too difficult before the update, no it was just wrong! It didn't feel right, I had never the feeling of actually driving a car. Now PD gave us almost everything we wanted, people still moaning .
Regarding physics they have done an amzing job and the sound improvements are simply fantastic!
If you don't appreciate it, oh well i recommend you stop playing and go back to GTR and the like...
This is a console game, this is Gran Turismo and PD just brought this fascinating gameplay which GT always made stand out back and you just don't deserve it, if you can't see how much better it is now!!
:ouch:

I really enjoy the new physics; the only downside is that bad drivers are able to keep up with the good ones more easily. Aside from this and an issue with the single mode, I am very satisfied with the new improvements.

I also downloaded and watched an episode of Top Gear from GT-TV, and it is a huge improvement over Youtube. I've done my fair share of complaining about GT5:P, but kudos to PD for the effort they've put into this update.

hi everyone.

The new up date is amazing. The cars feel SO different (as everyone has already mentioned). The grip has defiantly improved and tuning is harder because PP are tricky to balance. The online races are fairer now, not as much pointless bashing and weird collisions (although at times there are a few bad penalty moments). The sound is amazing, PD has managed to balance the sound nicely. Ive got the Z5500 and damn, the sound is so much better, you can hear EVERYTHING, right where it is. The G25 also feels better. The online races are definitely more playable and challenging. Overall its quite a good update, no matter how much we complain its not going to change any time soon, so enjoy it. There will be future updates. I'm quite contempt now, but as we all know theres always room for improvements. Nice work PD.

So..... the game shouldnt be easy, It isnt easy in real life. People would just have to put a little time and effort into it. But I know people dont want to do that because its a "game."

So my question is why cant we have very hard games that take time and effort and also have games where you can jump in and be king of the ring without effort because the cars have supper down force and supper tires?

I think you're missing the point. Even after the update, using my G25 with no assist, there are still a few cars that equivalent to its real world counterpart. is a beast to drive- and Ford GT was never a hard car to handle to begin with. The thing is, prior to the update in TT mode (where no tuning allowed), when using the default S2 tires, the Ford GT, the Viper and even the Z06 to some extent, was not only hard, but downright frustrating. Although I've never driven any of these cars, I've read enough reviews, to know that neither of these vehicles are undriveable (with stock tires). If you want challenge, you can try using Normal tires (N1-N3) and you'll find that with the update, the physics of the car hasn't change is just that the S2 tires are now a softer, grippier compound (which is what it should be in real world anyway). Before the update, you're stuck with only S2 in TT mode but now you can choose form N1-S2 which is a big plus. It was never my intention to imply that with the update GT5P is an easier "game". And the 'S'stands for Sports, not Super (or Supper which is what you call the meal after Lunch:)) And I don't think with this update, anyone who wasn't good before, is going to be a better driver. Maybe for now until the TT leaderboard is populated again.

Last edited:
Have to say I'm enjoying the new handling on the altered tyre physics, and not just in a "wooo I have more grip" kind of way, the handling actually feels more fluid and adjustable.

The new rankings menus are good too.

Haven't tried online racing yet so I'll reserve judgement on that.

The calculation of pp is changed for the better...
But I've experianced that the system has locked up during online gaming. (On startup)
This is annoying, and even more annoying for the other participants, when you're the host....

News was posted about losing tuning settings. You gotta pay more attention to the news.

I know - I am just being a baby :P

Though I can't wait to get home tonight from work and play the game. The few mins I played last night or should I say very early morning today was awesome since the update.

Update just finished, took 15 minutes, first try, and no loss of data. :) I guess i'm one of the lucky ones. Well besides my PS3 pooping out and not reading anymore discs. :grumpy:

Edit: And of course on the first lap of my first online race tonight, my wheel comes loose from the table causing me to go crazy out of control...not fun.

Last edited:
i cant speak for how accurate the new tire physics are, but i can say they are much grippier. you can drive the ford gt HARD out of the corners and there isnt much wiggle. having never driven a ford gt in real life, i cant say for sure if thats accurate, just that its easier. the other car i have tried thus far with the G25 was the 350z, which doesnt seem as happy to wiggle its tail around which from my experiences is more correct, but i was getting on the throttle earlier than i would have been in real life, with lots of grip to spare. thats not too accurate, but then again i was on S3 tires which arent an accurate comparison for whats on mine. so again i cant really compare.

as for shifting, it was annoying for the first lap in the GT, but i got used to it. didnt miss any shifts after the first lap. its a little slower, but i wasnt too fast to begin with so its not a big deal for me.

I'm a big fan of the Mazda RX8 and have always driven it about for practice on manual races. The one thing that always bogged me down was the really poor acceleration but by the looks of it, the update has improved the starting acceleration dramatically as well as the handling. With the new sounds as well, it definitely feels a lot more like a real RX8! :)

EDIT: Anyone noticed the side mirrors aren't crisp anymore in reflecting the car behind you? It's gone all blurry, or maybe I never picked out on it earlier but I'm pretty sure they showed the cars clearly.

i cant speak for how accurate the new tire physics are, but i can say they are much grippier. you can drive the ford gt HARD out of the corners and there isnt much wiggle

Really? Try using N3 or S1 as per in-game manual. Coming out of slower corners with the ford even with the S1s you'll feel power oversteer. Medium to high speed corners feel very stable as they probably should given the size of this cars tires. The rears are monsters!

I absolutely love the new update. The cars are more responsive and are overall more manageable. It doesn't feel as ridiculous anymore with some of the slightly more powerful cars. Also I do enjoy the F430/R35/C6 HSR race, raced some pretty decent drivers there but there are still too many nuts that will go out of their way to knock you out of the race.

My PSN is TL8705, hope to see some of you out in the races and get some good competition going! I need some stiff competition from clean racers, some of those guys out there just don't give satisfying races.

looks like PD accidentally changed the Lancia's name in the dealership. it reads Lancia Delta HF Integrale/n Evoluzione. not sure where the /n came from.

looks like PD accidentally changed the Lancia's name in the dealership. it reads Lancia Delta HF Integrale/n Evoluzione. not sure where the /n came from.

Yeah I see it only the screen where car is rotating, "\n" is probably some code that was incorrectly placed and left behind.

I'm a big fan of the Mazda RX8 and have always driven it about for practice on manual races. The one thing that always bogged me down was the really poor acceleration but by the looks of it, the update has improved the starting acceleration dramatically as well as the handling. With the new sounds as well, it definitely feels a lot more like a real RX8! :)

EDIT: Anyone noticed the side mirrors aren't crisp anymore in reflecting the car behind you? It's gone all blurry, or maybe I never picked out on it earlier but I'm pretty sure they showed the cars clearly.

You are right, the mirrors are more blurry than before. Strange because graphically there are little/no improvements...

Im not sure if anyone has noticed this or might just be me. I am a little annoyed at the fact when i bought cars on the game i buy them in order of manufactuer, So basically i had a whole row of the Nissan cars ever single one next to each other this was on the top row, and on the bottom row i had all my Ferarri's exactly next to each other. When I updated the F1 car was in the postion of my R35 which chaged down to the bottom row and my other Skyline was swapped to the right of the row with my Citron C4. I liked to keep my garage in an order and not have cars scattered everywhere and it's a little annoying how it's changed. Must be a bug of course? Has anyone else noticed this? Very minor thing but take a look at your garage places if your organised lol

You can sort them in the garage by Order Obtained, Manufacturer, Power, and Performance Points. I believe that the update defaults to Order Obtained and it is simple to change.

Really? Try using N3 or S1 as per in-game manual. Coming out of slower corners with the ford even with the S1s you'll feel power oversteer. Medium to high speed corners feel very stable as they probably should given the size of this cars tires. The rears are monsters!

but online every one's using R tires, and those do not feel realistic for the ford gt.

Why would anyone range the tires any other way than from the worst you can get to the best you can get? N1=Budget road tires, like Kumho, Nankang, Triangle etc. R1=soft compound slicks. I would call the Toyo T1R tires S1 or S2 while S3 is barely road legal semi-slicks. R1-R3 is full slick with different compunds. In which case, a Ford GT would surely not have anything less than S1. The Elise 111R is delivered from factory with semi-slicks.

Has any wheel users (G25 users in specific) been noticing this happening to them?

At the beginning of an online race, the wheel will sometimes move from side to side or turn all the way to the right or left.
Yep, turns full lock on the starting grid and iv'e dented a few car doors as well because of this :guilty:

I really enjoy the new physics; the only downside is that bad drivers are able to keep up with the good ones more easily. Aside from this and an issue with the single mode, I am very satisfied with the new improvements.
how does this make sense? Physics should NOT compensate bad driving so as to penalise the GOOD drivers.This update gives me a bad feeling .....

Back