What changes have you noticed since the update (08/01/08)?

• Thread starter Threshold
  • 422 comments
yo mam did you try that update trick. It works sometimes and sometimes it does not. I feel like a million people are using one small server in some dudes basement.

the driving "feel" has absolutaly changed!!i had to get used to it for a few laps,especially the turn in of corners feels much more accurate,and the "loose" feeling of the corvette's behind:dopey:has been improved as well....

also they changed something with the nissan gtr's clutch(did not drive anything else yet,but guess its with all cars...i drive using dfgt-wheel..)you can notice it when stationary...

the noise also changed dramatically,like now the engine sound changes when under load...so its different when you rev it in nutral and when you are accelarating...

these are just some changes i have noticed untill now,much more exploring to do:):)

spyrrari.

The update is a BIG improvement !

1. I love to hear that power-shifting using the G25 isnt possible anymore because I use the sixaxis.

2. The new engine sounds are great.

3. The more quiet tire-sounds are great.

4. The wall riders dont have fun anymore. They turn into ghosts and receive penalties by touching the wall even slightly.

5. The S (tire) physics are great. The fun of concentrating on a fast line to go fast around the tracks is back ! (In contrast to always concentrating not to spin..) I think this also applies to the N tires even I did not try them until now.
(Anyway the R tires physics are still not to my liking - The Ford GT-LM still behaves very strange as its too much oversteering on Rs)

6. No more race abandonment by disconnecting players.

7. Still more to find out...

I have to say I really like the update. I did several races on HSR and also Fuji and all races gave a very smooth feeling to me.

No crashing, bumping, punters. They are all sorted very fast after a few corners and they do not affect my driving anymore. I noticed this myself when I entered the tunnel on HSR and slightly hit the wall on the right hand side: I received a 4 sec penalty and this is how it should be.

GOOD WORK PD ! GO ON LIKE THIS PLZ !

Last edited:
yo mam did you try that update trick. It works sometimes and sometimes it does not. I feel like a million people are using one small server in some dudes basement.

Yes I am trying that trick
when YOu have error, I press OK, then quit game, reload game, Skip the first DOWNLOAD, then go to NEWS and DL, it does not work.. I always get stuck quickly or error right away

wow i think i know how to make the update download!!!! Do loonies trick, but before the restart go to options and clear the cache. I got it right after i did that. SO HAPPY!!

wow i think i know how to make the update download!!!! Do loonies trick, but before the restart go to options and clear the cache. I got it right after i did that. SO HAPPY!!

GT5P menu cache? hmm I go for it.. Will that delete my 50% download progress?
It look's like it is at about 30% now, I don't wanna quit now! hehe

They are very different now, but not louder. As I stated, you can hear gearbox noises now in the Z06, and it is a bit noisier at partial throttle like it should be. As others have stated (although I'm yet to drive a turbo) you can apparently hear boost spooling up and the blow off valve much more clearly.

Another thing I noticed, the Tuned cars are around 800 PP or more with standard power and weight and max downforce, you really have to downgarde them to compete. The Art Morrison Corvette also sounds worse than before (the only one I've found to do so), but is actually competitive at Fuji due to astronomical acceleration.(It's a true muscle car alright.:sly:)

The beginning movie is now actually gone, they just show a Jaguar XK and Mercedes SL55 AMG (or possibly what ever are the last 2 cars you used), sitting in a dark room, and then the menu pops up, no real movie at all.

Hope all the info I'm giving is helping guys!đź‘Ť
Thanks mate.
I'm very happy to hear that sound has been given a work over, very happy!

I also noticed a major improvement in the fine details of the cars are shown. Im using a 40" full hd tv and before the surfaces of the cars looked great but where the windscreen meet the hood there used to look very bad, but now it looks absolutely awsome.

The update is a BIG improvement !

1. I love to hear that power-shifting using the G25 isnt possible anymore because I use the sixaxis.

2. The new engine sounds are great.

3. The more quiet tire-sounds are great.

4. The wall riders dont have fun anymore. They turn into ghosts and receive penalties by touching the wall even slightly.

5. The S (tire) physics are great. The fun of concentrating on a fast line to go fast around the tracks is back ! (In contrast to always concentrating not to spin..) I think this also applies to the N tires even I did not try them until now.
(Anyway the R tires physics are still not to my liking - The Ford GT-LM still behaves very strange as its too much oversteering on Rs)

6. No more race abandonment by disconnecting players.

7. Still more to find out...

I have to say I really like the update. I did several races on HSR and also Fuji and all races gave a very smooth feeling to me.

No crashing, bumping, punters. They are all sorted very fast after a few corners and they do not affect my driving anymore. I noticed this myself when I entered the tunnel on HSR and slightly hit the wall on the right hand side: I received a 4 sec penalty and this is how it should be.

GOOD WORK PD ! GO ON LIKE THIS PLZ !

Thanks for the rundown. I cant wait to get home from work and try it out!

did anybody notice all cars (I have tested Ford GT, Citroen C4, Subaru STI, Mine's Skyline) are much much easier to drive. Like this is R1 compound.
I remember it was a mess when I tried to set my best at Daytona Road PRO time trial in Ford GT (finally I got 6). Now it's piece a cake.
The same to Mine's Skyline. I do not like to much grip.
Hope I'm wrong on that. Need to investigate that further.

However, BOV sound, engine and transmission noise - that's all good.

EDIT I always run PRO physics, all aids off

Last edited:
Yes I am trying that trick
when YOu have error, I press OK, then quit game, reload game, Skip the first DOWNLOAD, then go to NEWS and DL, it does not work.. I always get stuck quickly or error right away

OK, don't quit just go to news and start downloading again after an error :)

EVERYONE TALKS ABOUT THESE BOV's SOUNDS AND TURBO SPOOLING!

i cant even hear these things only on the BLITZ SKYLINE as it always was!! grrr :(

I just clear my cache , should I quit and Re start DL? or go to news section and continue?
Hey every lil' TIP helps :)

EVERYONE TALKS ABOUT THESE BOV's SOUNDS AND TURBO SPOOLING!

i cant even hear these things only on the BLITZ SKYLINE as it always was!! grrr :(

Maybe it has something to do with the sound settings (Big room or so..) try other settings ?

Third attemp and it finished. I did not exit the game, did not delete the cache, did not restart my Playstation 3...

I just did what I did on SPEC II update: try & try & try always pushing the news section, and without exit from the game.

Going to check the update =]

Please tell me that the road/wind noise has a separate adjustment, or at least has been toned down. Please,please!!
That would be sweet.

Does anybody here know the difference between the 3 sound adjustements?. The manual really doesn't offer so much information about them. On a question about sound channels you shouldn't select 7.1 if you're using a Stereo because you'll lose sounds... but when we're talking about those 3 options seems to be that they're not about channels.

So maybe everyone with every system just can select the 3 of them that won't lose anything?, maybe it changes the echo or other parameters?

[COLOR="Re

Last edited:
well i'm not that impressed, dont even think of touching a wall let alone hitting it. the tyres are better if your 13!!! FFS the 'simulation' seems toned down, expert HSR on S1's felt like the old intermediate on R1's. seems like PD wants more kiddies to complete a lap, at the expense of us 'hard cores'. I'm going to hold back some of my comments and wait and see, but so far, thumbs down. 8(

Just list whatever changes you've noticed.

1. It is no longer possible to powershift with the G25's H shifter + clutch. Powershifting as in never lifting off the accelerator, and just punching the clutch in and out and changing gears. This will make things more even for everyone. It is still possible to shift quicker, but players have to be more careful now as misshifts are a lot easier to attain.

2. Is no longer possible to quit online races. No more disconnects unless the host has real bad connection or physically turns the PS3 off. đź‘Ť

3. You can actually hear the turbos spool and the Blow Off Valves (BOV) now. The Amuse S2000 sound amazing. Exhaust noise seems to have increased too.

4. R3 tires really do feel like soft compound tires now.

5. I can't confirm this, but I think punters and the like get black flagged now. Their car gets a permanent ghost effect.

I'm loving this update so far. Now just get GTTV PPV going PD so I can download the Ferrari movie!

For the turbo spool and the BOV sound, are you guys hearing from a surround sound system (eg. 5.1) or you can hear that by a stereo output?

Who ever told you that crap is full of it, except that Fuji is bumper heaven. People have been getting penalties for ramming me at HSR, and even if you so much as upset the dust on the outer barricades at HSR, you get a penalty. Trust me when I say that it has effectively stopped wall riders, and it's the event to be in.

Much easier, the Z06 can actually run with the F430 and GT-R now, but given equal drivers I think the GT-R and F430 might still come out on top, but it'd be much much closer now.:)

They are very different now, but not louder. As I stated, you can hear gearbox noises now in the Z06, and it is a bit noisier at partial throttle like it should be. As others have stated (although I'm yet to drive a turbo) you can apparently hear boost spooling up and the blow off valve much more clearly.

Another thing I noticed, the Tuned cars are around 800 PP or more with standard power and weight and max downforce, you really have to downgarde them to compete. The Art Morrison Corvette also sounds worse than before (the only one I've found to do so), but is actually competitive at Fuji due to astronomical acceleration.(It's a true muscle car alright.:sly:)

The beginning movie is now actually gone, they just show a Jaguar XK and Mercedes SL55 AMG (or possibly what ever are the last 2 cars you used), sitting in a dark room, and then the menu pops up, no real movie at all.

Hope all the info I'm giving is helping guys!đź‘Ť

Thanks guys! đź‘Ť

I have a question though.. there is no more opening movie to watch even you set "Opening movie = ON" in the option. Instead, every time you start the game you will see a short "instant distribution" feature, which shows a Jaguar XK Coupe and your car (from last saved) besides it.
Why is that always showing the Jag but not other cars?? :odd:

Last edited:
well i'm not that impressed, dont even think of touching a wall let alone hitting it. the tyres are better if your 13!!! FFS the 'simulation' seems toned down, expert HSR on S1's felt like the old intermediate on R1's. seems like PD wants more kiddies to complete a lap, at the expense of us 'hard cores'. I'm going to hold back some of my comments and wait and see, but so far, thumbs down. 8(

If it is 'hardcore' to struggle with over- and understeering cars on a track that feels like on ice: i dont want to be a 'hardcore'

Real life racing isnt struggling around with your car / bike. Its more of finding subtile things like soft slides, adequate speeds and lines and such things.

Its not about trying to get around a track without dying..

Last edited:
If it is 'hardcore' to struggle with over- and understeering cars on a track that fells like on ice: i dont want to be a 'hardcore'

Real life racing isnt struggling around with your car / bike. Its more of finding subtile things like soft slides, adequate speeds and lines and such things.

Its not about trying to get around a track without dying..

Real life racing does't have/need ghost cars or constant punters either
I' not saying I want ice, just a SIMULATOR.
And fyi, people DO die on bikes and in cars everyday, some of whom are racing at the time.

Amazing sound work. I've been checking for more than 10 mins different config. with cars and so on. All the cars sounds amazing !!!!!!! Tyres sounds changed !

Just the pops-and-farts left. I can't imagine how wonderful on sound GT5 could be.

Last edited:

THIS!

The physics seems toned down to the point where it actually feels like standard physics. I hear people saying that the GTLM is a piece of cake to drive now. It's not supposed to be that way if you're snot skilled enough to be fast in the car then you're not skilled enough, you should practice, the physics should not be toned down to suit you. The old physics were on point, they needed no reworking. Now Expert races are going to become noob heaven. GOOD JOB PD!

Yeah the RWD physics needed to be tweaked (get rid of snap oversteer, loss of traction around lazy medium speed bends) not overhauled so anybody can jump in and run fast without practice...

Back