What did you do in GT7 today?

• Thread starter Harley45
  • 12,593 comments
On the GTP account, I did some warmup laps for the GTWS, tried to join the 11 am CDT GT3 slot, and had the game freeze. After a restart, I decided to grab the 4-star Wheel of Despair I got from the warmup, which was the lowest-possible/low-showing 10,000 Cr. on an all-cash Wheel.

As I had time before the noon slot, I did a round of Sardegna grinding in the Ford GT Test Car. I had an audio glitch mid-race that coincided with a wreck that cost me 12 seconds. Still, I won over a very-game Fraga, and celebrated by picking up a Chaparral 2X.

The noon slot went off without a glitch. I started 13th, ahead of 2 sandbaggers on RS tires. Between letting them by and avoiding some near-carnage at the chicane, I dropped to last. I stayed my course, letting some other RS-shod drivers that I passed due to their errors by, and came down on lap 6 for my RS tires and a full load of fuel. Thanks to more carnage and a couple drivers not knowing they could use alternate tires, I made it up to 8th on-track on the bumper of 7th. A couple drivers ahead of me forgot they had to use RH tires, so I got credit for a clean 6th. I'm not going to risk the 13 points I got to get a better start to the race...assuming PD doesn't just throw away this round.

Before going to the Plus account, I did some testing of the Red Bull X2019 at Lago Maggiore. I'm thinking of a 2-lap RH/8-9-lap RM/10-9-lap RS, though I'm leaning more toward 9 on softs.

On the Plus account, I ground Sardegna with the Lamborghini Huracan GT3. The last 4-star Wheel of Despair of the month dropped...you guessed it...the lowest-possible 10,000 Cr.

After the Hagerty's/UCD refresh, I came back on the GTP account to buy a pair of Ford Mustang Boss 429s for engine purposes, widening 1.
edit: I have a Audi RS5 DTM tune for Sardenga, you get a time of 1.37 and you lap everyone within the first 3 laps, while only refueling once. Would you like to have it?

Last edited:
Took a scape picture so I could make a poster for a race I'll be hosting next week.
(Let me know if you want to participate.)
And painted some Toyotas.
Ran a few Historic races in the 89 M3 Evo.
Damn that car is good and fun to drive.

Screenshot 2023-09-30 at 13-23-28 Kapwing — Create more content in less time.png

Screenshot 2023-09-30 at 21-37-57 Q (@Quebeker1) _ X.png

edit: I have a Audi RS5 DTM tune for Sardenga, you get a time of 1.37 and you lap everyone within the first 3 laps, while only refueling once. Would you like to have it?
Thanks, but I'm good. If I don't have to tune anything, I don't.

Missed out on the 6pm race because my food delivery arrived at 6:03pm.
Entered the 7pm race but nothing loaded.
In the 8pm race, had both qualy laps ruined by some idiot who crashed into me on the start-finish straight. Qualified tenth. Had a lovely battle with a black Cayman. We touched on the last lap and I went off. Crossed the line 7th, classified 5th because two people ahead of me never pitted. All the while, I looked amazing:

Gran Turismo® 7_20230930183156.jpg

My advice: avoid. Avoid like the plague.

My more helpful advice: focus on tracks you like first, and use 'Circuit Experience' (for each circuit) to help you learn each sector of each track.

I've been playing GT since 1997 and GT7 since Day 1, and I still find the Tokyo Expressway circuits difficult, and the 'Circuit Experiences' of these are among the hardest for me; they are much harder than some other circuits... tonight is a good example: coincidentally, I tried Tokyo Central Clockwise CE tonight before I even saw your post and I struggled to get a Bronze on the first sector; this was after having golded Interlagos (all sectors plus the full lap time trial) in 20 minutes... I've also just golded all of Monza in about 25 mins, and yet I feel like Tokyo will take me many hours to learn.

Good luck, and welcome to GTP! :gtpflag:
Appreciate the advice! Yeah I do hear ya on that particular track. I've spent hours going around and around and have still yet to master it completely. I've just the other day started on the the Circuit Experiences and they have helped a ton to get better track time.

I'm pretty sure he means the mandatory race to advance in the early menus? (He says only one week into the game). Please @bitter_buddah correct me if I'm wrong.
Correct, I should have more clear. I was referring to the the Clubman Cup Plus for Tokyo Expressway. I was using a Honda Civic and was looking for a tune to use on the particular track. Fortunately, some people on here were nice enough to point me in the right direction.

It was Lexus SC430 GT500 day at Sardegna because I was lazy and got a late start. On the GTP account, it was good for a 4-star ticket for titanium con-rods on the Nissan Z Performance, plus the Dodge Tomahawk GTS-R. On the Plus account, it was good for...you guessed it... a 3-star Wheel of Despair for the low-showing 10,000 Cr.

Finally got that invite for the Lamborghini dealership, so now I've owned every car available in the game at one point (481/481). Gonna focus on building my Super GT/Super Taikyu garage for future custom races now. There's an end of the grind in sight.

Finished grinding for my last car, now just waiting for the 20m Ferrari to show up in the lcd. Also realized that the game says I have 100% car collection even though I'm missing one.
You can always check the car collection from your garage - that's when you know you have owned each car at least once.

That said, the car collection progress should always match the collection found in the garage, unless there's some kind of a bug.

Last edited:
Today's 6am run >

@sport mode > Failed to bronze the Nurburging TA once more.

@single player > Cleared another race (Tokyo expressway) so only one more (Fuji) to clear this menu. Then another set of races and one championsip to unlock Nurburgring to do some extra practice.

3-star marathon ticket gave me 10k.

Last edited:
Won a fair fight at Spa with the '95 McLaren F1 GTR. AI was set to max difficulty. Less than 5 laps to go, Fraga tried to PIT me out of first place at Paul Friere. I lost a split second, he rushed by, then I returned the favor at Stavelot, sending him into the wall with damage to his car. Other than that at a bad spin on Blanchimont (with no damage) it was a good, fast race that truly lasted the entire hour.
The F1 served me well in SCUD Race, carrying me to a short stint of victories over the AI in 2000. I see it's still a very potent car.

Last edited:
I took the Audi VGT to Sardegna. I did FM2 for 9 laps and FM1 for the remainder. I had 1 6 ⭐, 2 4 ⭐ and 1 3 ⭐ tickets. Got Nissan Z'23, Aston Martin invite, 10k cr and a BMW Z4 engine

You can always check the car collection from your garage - that's when you know you have owned each car at least once.

That said, the car collection progress should always match the collection found in the garage, unless there's some kind of a bug.

It seems to be a bug, I know I'm missing the GTO, the 100% just showed up after buying the cars from the latest update, like they didn't update the count that the percentage is based on.

It seems to be a bug, I know I'm missing the GTO, the 100% just showed up after buying the cars from the latest update, like they didn't update the count that the percentage is based on.

I’m pretty sure it rounds to the nearest whole percent so with 481 or however many cars and with just one or two missing it rounds up to 100% instead of showing 99%. It happened to me too back when I was only missing one or two cars.

It was 2013 Nissan GT-R GT3 day at Sarthe. On the GTP account, I had the pace for an 8-lap race until heavy rain...which started in sunshine...hit in the middle of lap 3. That caused the race to be shortened to 6 laps. I got the 1st 3-star Wheel of Despair of the month on this account (and the 2nd of 3 pending the Plus run between the 2 accounts), bearing the lowest-possible 5,000 Cr. Still, I had enough to get the Dodge Tomahawk Gr.1.

On the Plus account, multiple rounds of rain that weren't forecast by the radar at pit entry stymied me. On the aborted attempt, I had a 2-second penalty hydroplaning through the back end of Porsche Curves, then spun out at pit entry after the last stop. The second time, I planned properly, and cruised to a win. The 4-star Wheel of Despair puked out the lowest-possible 10,000 Cr.

Yesterday i bought the McLaren p1 and bring down to 19 the cars i miss.
Try to bring it down at 700 pp in order to run it at La Sarthe.
Starting the first lap i saw the green battery inticator, oh boy , what a disappointment.
Didn't notice it was " hybrid" type , did one lap and quit .
I understand fully why nobody talk about this model.

F1 GTR 97 remains the best package you can get .

Played with the Mazda 3 trying to get my qualification time to a respectable number . . . boy did I fail. The meta car doesn't work for me on the Daily race B track.

I have put the DS4 down and running 100% rig now, almost have the braking figured out.

I had 2 days off work so there was plenty of grinding for me. I bought the Abarth BAT1 and F1 GTR 97 yesterday which put me under 1M credits and now I’m back over 15M and should be able to afford the 250 GTO soon after it appears. I’m probably not going to have as much grind time with Forza coming out, but I will still need my VR fix.

Nice to be about finished with 20M cars on my quest to get a second of every LCD car. My eventual goal is to have a maxed out and stock copy of every car for future custom races. I’ve discovered that several of the classic race cars actually have a decent selection of upgrades available, definitely more than I was expecting. It will be interesting to see how the cars compare after upgrades and see what newer stock cars they can compete with.

Back