What did you do in GT7 today?

• Thread starter Harley45
  • 11,627 comments
Last night I ran the Tokyo 600 in a Subaru WRX, got the clean race bonus. It's still a work in progress with that car, but it's not bad. Ran Sardegna in the 787B. Not my best race, but obviously won with the CRB. Wheel of despair gave me 30k for a 3 star ticket. Better than the Lambo invite which I already own those cars. Then 12am hit while I was running Sardegna in the Nissan R92CP. More adjustments need to be made to that car for faster lap times. Wheel of despair gave a 4 star ticket and I won the KTM X-Bow. Tried making some suspension changes to it to see if it could be a Tokyo grinder and... no. Not enough top end speed and no aero adjustments allowed to keep the car in line around the fast bends on the back side of the track. Oh well.

Grinding today on Sardegna and trying out Spa 1-hour to collect enough credits for the Mercedes Sauber purchase.

Last night I ran the Tokyo 600 in a Subaru WRX, got the clean race bonus. It's still a work in progress with that car, but it's not bad. Ran Sardegna in the 787B. Not my best race, but obviously won with the CRB. Wheel of despair gave me 30k for a 3 star ticket. Better than the Lambo invite which I already own those cars. Then 12am hit while I was running Sardegna in the Nissan R92CP. More adjustments need to be made to that car for faster lap times. Wheel of despair gave a 4 star ticket and I won the KTM X-Bow. Tried making some suspension changes to it to see if it could be a Tokyo grinder and... no. Not enough top end speed and no aero adjustments allowed to keep the car in line around the fast bends on the back side of the track. Oh well.

Grinding today on Sardegna and trying out Spa 1-hour to collect enough credits for the Mercedes Sauber purchase.
It's funny you mentioned the X Bow. I got that when I did my Sardegna run last night around 12.

Last edited:
Collected my ticket, Ran Sport TT's at Nurburgring, getting Golds for my main account and 2 others, got the Simdashboard app for my phone and turned off the onscreen hud, Much nicer and don't even pay that much attention too the display on my phone.

I did two rounds of Daily Race A today, got a clean Q3/P3 for the second one. I then got a six-star parts ticket, which netted me an Ultra-High-RPM Turbo for the RX-7 Spirit R. Except I already have won one, and I installed it on my 13B-swapped NA Roadster. I also don't see any reason to actually install it on an RX-7 Spirit R, since that engine will likely get swapped for an R26B if/when I win a second one. (The first one I won went into my RX-8 Spirit R.)

However, this hardly means that this second Ultra-High-RPM Turbo for the RX-7 Spirit R that I just won is useless - you see, I can still potentially win a second 13B, and put it into the other compatible car, the Suzuki Cappuccino. Let alone any other potential swaps that could become available for the 13B in the future. So it's all good.

I also discovered you can install a widebody on the safety cars, or at least the Renault Megane Safety Car.

Finally, I customized some cars without buying any performance parts, such as installing a widebody on the Abarth 595 SS as well as equipping it with some OZ Racing Leggenda wheels so it can be "ready" for a potential K20 swap. I really like the rally-styled wing you can install on the 595 SS, too.

Last edited:
Did 4 daily B's and got a second GT7 win from 153 races. Alright, I suppose. Enjoying the new PS5 experience, at least.

Did the Manu GTWS slot 3 and 4, on main and alternate accounts for a 6th and 7th, and plan to run those races again this evening.

Really enjoying GT7 right now, my DR might disagree.

*edit - a cool 500K credits for my daily mileage.

winafc002gt7.jpg

Last edited:
On the GTP account, I used the Jaguar F-type Gr.4 to grind Sarthe. The 4-star Wheel of Despair gave a racing crankshaft for the Eckert's Mach Forty.

On the Plus account, I grabbed the MINI Clubman VGT for the Sarthe grind. The 7th 3-star Wheel of Despair in the last 15 days was the unkindest of all, giving an ECU for the 2021 Toyota GR86 RZ.

As the clock turned to 6 pm CST and the Cappuccino came back to the UCD, I went back to the GTP account to grab 2 more of them, stuff the RX-7 engines in them, and widen 1 of them, to make 6 swapped Cappuccinos, ready for all combinations of maximum tuning.

Last edited:
Today my big goal was to test some different theories on using a racing transmission vs a fully manual transmission. Ran Sardegna with the Mercedes Sauber with various transmission configurations and turbo settings to see which combination gave the best overall lap times. While it is only one car that I have tested so far, the results are rather eye opening. Check it out and join the conversation if you have something to add.

Last edited:
Found a few forgotten cars in the garage. Started with the Veneno. Tuned it, hated it. Sold it. Next up was the Carrera GT. Tuned it, liked it, ran it at LeMans. Got the 2023 Z from the wheel. Sold that, too.

An expensive but rewarding couple of hours tonight. I knew the F40 and XJR9 were about to disappear, so I went over to Hagerty's and tried to haggle the price down a little, to no avail. Dropped 5.2 million, and went straight to GT Auto with the F40 where I proceeded to make a replica of the pink F40 seen at SEMA last year.
I then hopped into the XJR9 and took it to Sardegna for three rounds, basically to pay itself off. On the second run it ticked past midnight, and I got a 6-star Engine ticket! In my mind I thought: "Imagine if that's an Enzo engine, I could drop it in that pink F40 I just bought and create a real piece of automotive sacrilege!!!"
Over to my garage to have a look...

185fb1f272d45-b161BC88273914BA1A5.5813BD5398E5A252_message_428788236178608_1674954047572.jpg

185fb1f488394-b161BC88273914BA1A5.5813BD5398E5A252_message_428788245115418_1674954082482.jpg

And you know exactly where that engine is going!! 😘

I did LeMans in the 787b. I had strange thing occur while I was trying to pit for IM tires on lap 3. I got hit by about 4 cars and got spun while trying to pit. I forgot I had the reset your car on the track so I was placed outside the pit area so I decided to not pit at all and just hope the rain didn't get to be too much because I refused to try pit anymore in the race. To my surprise It didn't rain harder so I was able to go no pit stops in Lemans for the 1st time ever. I know if I planned to do it the track would have been flooded 🤣 . After that I took the 962 out Sardegna. I am want to get the Suaber & and the Ford from Hagerty's I think a couple of more races will get me there. Then it's back to trying to get to 20 mil. Every time I get over 10 mil I find some stuff I want to buy🤣.

Today begins attempt #2 to switch to MT. Didn't work last time as I just couldn’t find a comfortable button config that let me switch gears and also have the MFD somewhere other than the Dpad.

Now I have one of these (for many games, not just for GT). Should be more comfy, MFD on right stick, gear change on the back buttons.

8138FCC2-A683-47C9-A6A0-ADF223494A6E.jpeg

kjb
I did LeMans in the 787b. I had strange thing occur while I was trying to pit for IM tires on lap 3. I got hit by about 4 cars and got spun while trying to pit. I forgot I had the reset your car on the track so I was placed outside the pit area so I decided to not pit at all and just hope the rain didn't get to be too much because I refused to try pit anymore in the race. To my surprise It didn't rain harder so I was able to go no pit stops in Lemans for the 1st time ever. I know if I planned to do it the track would have been flooded 🤣 . After that I took the 962 out Sardegna. I am want to get the Suaber & and the Ford from Hagerty's I think a couple of more races will get me there. Then it's back to trying to get to 20 mil. Every time I get over 10 mil I find some stuff I want to buy🤣.
Try setting a limit and not going below that.

Like for simple I set my credit limit to not go below 90m and I bought all those cars while not once going under 90m credits. :)

Today begins attempt #2 to switch to MT. Didn't work last time as I just couldn’t find a comfortable button config that let me switch gears and also have the MFD somewhere other than the Dpad.

Now I have one of these (for many games, not just for GT). Should be more comfy, MFD on right stick, gear change on the back buttons.

View attachment 1226840
I also tried the manual mode. I couldn't get a comfortable button/control combination either. Please let us know how it works out.

Thanks.

Try setting a limit and not going below that.

Like for simple I set my credit limit to not go below 90m and I bought all those cars while not once going under 90m credits. :)
Same here, 90m is my threshold, too. I did drop below it last week to finally fill out my Group C field. Given the lack of a recent update, I'll have plenty of time to hit the cap again. :)

Last edited:
Same here, 90m is my threshold, too. I did drop below it last week to finally fill out my Group C field. Given the lack of a recent update, I'll have plenty of time to hit the cap again. :)
Yup the most expensive car I bought so far was the 1995 f1 gtr race car and that was back when I was at around 48m, when I get to buying cars like the normal f1 I'll lower that limit to 80m.

Call me crazy but I have become so over protected of my credits. :)

Yup the most expensive car I bought so far was the 1995 f1 gtr race car and that was back when I was at around 48m, when I get to buying cars like the normal f1 I'll lower that limit to 80m.

Call me crazy but I have become so over protected of my credits. :)
You and me both. It's a nice feeling to have the ability to buy any car at any time.

I also tried the manual mode. I couldn't get a comfortable button/control combination either. Please let us know how it works out.

Thanks.
Back buttons working like the paddles on a wheel. So much more comfortable for me than using L1/R1 or face buttons.

Now I just need to relearn how to drive. I usually pay no attention at all to what mph I need for each corner, don’t even look at the speedo, all on feel. Now I have to think about speed and gears. Will take a while to be natural but I can already feel it’ll be faster.

Back buttons working like the paddles on a wheel. So much more comfortable for me than using L1/R1 or face buttons.

Now I just need to relearn how to drive. I usually pay no attention at all to what mph I need for each corner, don’t even look at the speedo, all on feel. Now I have to think about speed and gears. Will take a while to be natural but I can already feel it’ll be faster.
That's how I do it too. Triggers like flappy paddles. Then I use the joysticks, right one for go/slow, left one for left/right.

After a couple days of hiatus due to finally obtaining the platinum for Jedi Fallen Order, and also due to the Human Comedy disappointment, today I got back behind the G29 and went racing again. This time I started with Sarthe and decided to drive the unswapped Pantera, since @Michael88 mentioned it and I had it neglected for a long time (was one of my first cash cows). Gave it the same settings of the Coyote one, which means Praiano's but lowered, and took on an almost dry Sarthe event.

20970576766132999.jpg

The car is fun, not as good as the swapped version but it can still win with ease and it's pretty fast on the Hunaudieres too! Unlike the Coyote one, I managed a one-stopper on FM6 with this one and brought home an easy 825k. I then decided to take out of the garage another car that I like a lot and haven't been driving for a while, and I also felt like driving a bit more on equal terms with the AI, so...enter the Stealth Mazda Vision GT3! Decided to familiarize with it a bit before trying anything particular, so I went with a Sardegna run on RM and FM6.

20970360958587764.jpg

Miyazono guy didn't like being overtaken there and slammed right into me, that was only one of many similar events (plus my mistakes) that would affect the race. Still, managed to pull out a one stopper and thus won the race regardless, with a tiny advantage over Mendoza (7seconds).

So, why not doing Spa as well? Things were going quite nicely, until the rain hit drowning the whole circuit and forcing me to go on wets (Inters would've been better but I didn't have them on this car), then disappearing straight after. This meant that I soon found myself on wet tires with a dry line, they soon got eaten up and after many mistakes I was forced to go on RH. All the mistakes I had made required me to go all the way to the end with no more stops, unfortunately things kept on going bad with me missing the dry line many times and ending in a spin, plus the last two laps were done with tires fully worn out, so I ended in a miserable P5. Not a good way to end my GT day.

To add insult to injury, Wheel of (Mis)Fortune was a mere 3* and gifted me the lowest visible prize, 10k. And the very bad Spa result means I'm 200k short of buying the C9. Meh... sad (and bad driver) me...

I am shocked (and not in the Capt. Louis Renault way) that the Dior Mangusta might actually be going away for a while. I'm already on record saying it will be back before the Escudo.

On the GTP account, I realized I had a spare 2017 Alpine A110 for this week's WRS time trial, so I painted it up. I didn't take it out yet, but I did take the RH-shod Honda NSX GT500 for a spin around Sardegna. Naturally, the 4-star Wheel of Despair puked up its usual lowest-possible 10,000 Cr.

On the Plus account, I cruised to a Sardegna win with the Renault R.S.01. My...wait for it...9th 3-star Wheel of Despair in the last 16 days gave the lowest-possible 5,000 Cr. At least it wasn't a useless part, I guess.

I did Sardegna with the 962 and it was one of my better races as my wife was working at the time so no side discussions. 😁 Got 100 k from a 5* ticket. Got back on later and did Sardegna with the Red Bull. No crashes but not as good as earlier because of side discussions with my wife 😂. Then I took the Aston Martin VGT to LeMans and that car is a beast there. I had 2 pit stops because I mismanaged my fuel and still was able to lap the field which I never done before. After that I bought the Mark IV & the Sauber. I did some testing with the Ford and was disappointed that it only was getting 3 laps on FM6 at LeMans. I feel like that is too low.

Last edited:
Back